P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

GOLDENPYRE - In Eminent Disgrace CD/TAPE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alastor R.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: GOLDENPYRE - In Eminent Disgrace CD/TAPE Reply with quote

Goldenpyre - "In Eminent Disgrace" CD/Tape 2017

Full album streaming http://www.nocleansinging.com/2017/04/18/an-ncs-album-premiere-and-a-review-goldenpyre-in-eminent-disgrace

Recorded and Mixed by Pedro Alves at Grave Studio (Portugal).
Mastered by Tore Stjerna at Necromorbus Studio (Sweden).
Illustration and Artwork by André Coelho.

Release date: 20th April by Chaosphere Rec, Larvae, Murder Rec, Raging Planet, Signal Rex and Vomit Your Shirt.
An LP version may be released later on.

Last edited by Alastor R. on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Duabiht

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice track, nice cover, nice vocals.

The sample is pretty slow, could we expect some blast beats, or it's a full down tempo ?
Alastor R.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks sir!

Well, there's some faster tracks, but not full on blast beats. The band focus is more on heaviness and atmosphere.

There's another track online:

https://goldenpyre.bandcamp.com/track/collapse-of-empirical-foundations
Alastor R.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another song:https://goldenpyre.bandcamp.com/track/collapse-of-empirical-foundations

https://www.facebook.com/GOLDENPYRE/
https://goldenpyre.bandcamp.com/
Alastor R.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last gig ever @ the next SWR Fest 29th April!
Funestus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See you in a few days!
Alastor R.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funestus wrote:
See you in a few days!

Yes indeed buddy! Will be great.
Alastor R.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would like to hear more opinions about the material, be it good or bad.
Don't be shy!
Alastor R.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full album streaming and review now online @
No Clean Singing
http://www.nocleansinging.com/2017/04/18/an-ncs-album-premiere-and-a-review-goldenpyre-in-eminent-disgrace/

Check it out!
gabalgabow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I had the first demo
It's a long time

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/gabalgabow
Alastor R.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gabalgabow wrote:
I think I had the first demo
It's a long time

Its been a long time indeed ( '98 ) and totally different sound.
gordeth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastor R. wrote:
Well, there's some faster tracks, but not full on blast beats. The band focus is more on heaviness and atmosphere.

I really like this approach. Much of the album reminds me of Diabolic at their slowest, which I always thought were their best moments by far. I can't think of any other bands focusing on slow crawling death metal in the Floridian vein like this, so they have a relatively unique thing going here. I'll definitely be picking this up.
Alastor R.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gordeth wrote:
Alastor R. wrote:

I really like this approach. Much of the album reminds me of Diabolic at their slowest, which I always thought were their best moments by far. I can't think of any other bands focusing on slow crawling death metal in the Floridian vein like this, so they have a relatively unique thing going here. I'll definitely be picking this up.

Killer that you "got us"... not many people seems to be into slower death metal this days. Most people think we're too slow to their death metal cup, or too fast for their doom/death taste.

A couple reviews, by the way:

theindependentvoice.org wrote:

Portugal’s Goldenpyre are survivors, that is for sure. They have been around for 20 years, and have overcome much hardship and personal tragedy to finally unleash upon the world “In Eminent Disgrace”, their incendiary debut full length. They have spent many years honing their craft, and have toured with the likes of Suffocation and Nile. They suffered a tremendous setback when vocalist Jarder passed away in 2009, and the band disappeared into the shadows to regroup. Now the time is right, and they are back. They have given us something that was well worth waiting for.
The dense (as in like a planet) and heavy “Collapse of Empirical Foundations” opens proceedings. Its riffing is simplistic, but the delivery is subtly technical, underpinned with a syncopated rage which is indescribable. They follow this up with “Winds Of Pestilence”, a torrent of putrefyingly ugly tunefulness, and the punishing grooves of “A Crown For Decadence”, which just grinds the listener underfoot; nightmarish stuff!
The aptly titled “Suffocation” is next; like being in the path of a tidal wave. You know that death is imminent, but it is darkly desirable. “Meant to Suffer” is a festering boil of a track; dizzying and nauseatingly vicious, and “Last Paroxysm” is a militaristic war machine – like armies marching into a carnal, bloody crusade. A perverse battle hymn.
The Lovecraftian cataclysm “Yod Sabboath” ensues next, and it grunts and heaves like a rutting rhino until you are gored senseless. “Deluge Of Fire” closes the album like an embolism of fetid air making its way towards the heart.
It is abundantly clear that Goldenpyre have spent years acuminating their sound to a fine edge. The crunching guitars twist into rotten melodies and noxious harmonies (akin to US deathsters Drawn And Quartered) and grooves the size of the Grand Canyon. They are not a band that rely on velocity to get their savage point across; indeed this is Death Metal very much of the mid-paced variety. The album benefits greatly from the superb production job. The vocals are comparable to a man with a hornets nest in his underpants. A captivatingly malevolent masterpiece.
REVIEW BY OWEN THOMPSON

NoCleanSinging wrote:
Judging from the song titles in Goldenpyre‘s debut album, In Eminent Disgrace, all of which I just worked into that first paragraph above, this Portuguese band’s outlook on existence is morbid and brutal… or perhaps not… but they’ve certainly done a hell of a job capturing the ravaging horrors of insanity, disease, and death in their first full-length. The album will be released on April 20 by Signal Rex and a consortium of other labels(...).
Taking cues from the likes of Morbid Angel, Immolation, and Hate Eternal, Goldenpyre have created a technically-inclined death metal monstrosity that’s relentlessly malignant, full of down-tuned riffs permeated with minor-key morbidity and queasy arpeggios, and driven by pummeling drumwork that’s heavy on dismantling double-bass flurries and pneumatic hammering.

The band change gears with regularity, alternating between vicious feeding frenzies propelled by stomach-churning, meat-grinding riffs, brutish, lumbering lurches, merciless stomps, and diseased crawls. There’s also an alien, perhaps Lovecraftian, atmosphere that hangs about the music, thanks to eerie, vaporous guitar leads and freakish soloing. As you might expect from what you’ve read so far, the vocals are also monstrous in their array of bestial growls and ghastly howling.

You might be concerned that a non-stop course of such dense, cold, paranormal death metal mercilessness would wear out its welcome, but it actually becomes more and more seductive as the album moves ahead on its ruinous course.
Goldenpyre sprang to life in Barroselas, Portugal in 1997. Their first demo, Apocryphal, was released in 1998 and the second one, Necroterrorism, in 2001. Their first EP, Decrepidemic, was recorded in 2003, followed by the split CD Atrocities in 2005. This first album was recorded and mixed by Pedro Alves at Grave Studio (Portugal) and it was mastered by Tore Stjerna at Necromorbus Studio (Sweden). The album’s artwork was created by André Coelho.

In Eminent Disgrace is being released by this conspiracy of labels: Signal Rex, Chaosphere Recordings, Larvae, Murder Records, Helldprod, Raging Planet, and Vomit Your Shirt.
REVIEW BY ISLANDER
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good.
I like the pace actually.

You know... I feel like I am getting a Darkthrone Soulside Journey vibe here listening to this now and then. I really like that.
Alastor R.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
This is good.
I like the pace actually.

You know... I feel like I am getting a Darkthrone Soulside Journey vibe here listening to this now and then. I really like that.

Glad you enjoyed it! Of course SJ will always be one of our influences. I mean, who the fuck plays real death metal and is NOT influenced by that record, right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: