P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Most efficient way to ship CDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrucifixionWounds

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Most efficient way to ship CDs Reply with quote

Selling off a sizable chunk of my collection, looking for the cheapest, most efficient method.

Used to use paper sacks from the grocery store and bubble wrap, but paper sacks are hard to come by these days.
nonwave

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last time i mailed a single cd, i was so shocked at how much it costs now that i basically gave up on running a label for good. fucking annoying.
Manta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can stick up to six CDs, with no jewel cases into an appropriate bubble wrapped envelope. Or two, maybe three (if slim case), when sending with jewel cases. Better to use bubble wrap envelopes as they will weigh less instead of the cardboard mailers.

However, pricing is fucked nowadays, where it costs the same whether you send one or two CDs with jewel case (at least in eBay shipping discount prices).

Regardless, especially if sending overseas, shipping without jewel cases will save the customer some dough. So it's important to notify your buyers of this option.
Professor Black

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.esupplystore.com/0--65x10-Kraft-Bubble-Mailers_c_6.html

You can get 100 of these for $15 plus shipping. Holds 1-3 CDs, sometimes 4 if one is a digi.
Crasse

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ebay is the cheapeast option for blubble mailers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250-for-CD-7-25x8-Kraft-BUBBLE-MAILERS-PADDED-SHIPPING-ENVELOP-NJ-7-25-x8-/401058802332?hash=item5d60f7aa9c:g:eQIAAOSwCypWoP9l
HotBlack

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are shipping a good number of CDs the cheapest method I found was to go to the hardware store and buy a roll of bubble wrap (I could get rolls that were 50m x 40cm) and then buy a pack of heavy thickness A4 manila envelopes (I could buy packs of 100)... I mostly shipped singles and doubles, but you can easy wrap and ship up to 6 CDs with jewel cases in one envelope...
CrucifixionWounds

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I intend to ship only within the US. Best shipping method? Media mail? Looks like MM is going for $2.61 these days. Any advantage to shipping first class? If I remember correctly, I believe first class packages can be tracked?
MorbidAsshole

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes first class is cheaper than Media. I'd do a trial run at your local post office.

Do you have your sale list posted here?
CrucifixionWounds

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MorbidAsshole wrote:
Sometimes first class is cheaper than Media. I'd do a trial run at your local post office.

Do you have your sale list posted here?

Not yet, still setting things up but it will be very soon.
Brutalicon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrucifixionWounds wrote:
I intend to ship only within the US. Best shipping method? Media mail? Looks like MM is going for $2.61 these days. Any advantage to shipping first class? If I remember correctly, I believe first class packages can be tracked?

All USPS domestic shipments can be tracked. Their tracking usually updates in the evening and it doesn't update as fast as UPS, DHL, FedEx, etc.....

1st class is faster than Media mail by a lot. I can get CDs from HHR in 2 days sometimes. Ohio to Nevada, in my opinion, it is only viable for shipments up to 1 lb. I try to stay at 13 oz, but after you cross the 1 lb threshold it starts to get expensive. You can always look at regional rate priority mail boxes. you could fit 6-8 CDs in one. Shipping cost depends on what region they are relative to your origin. Check out the maps online, weight is not an issue as you can put up to 70lbs in one.

Media mail is still the best option though, uline would probably have the best price for boxes/envelopes, unless you know someone locally.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: