P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Drudkh LPs (Originals vs. Reissues)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theliving

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Drudkh LPs (Originals vs. Reissues) Reply with quote

Could someone enlighten me to the differences between the original vinyls and the reissues on Season of the Mist? I'm interested in possible differences in artwork, quality and sound. I own a few of the originals, so I'm inclined to finish my collection with originals, but if the reissues are a similar package, I'll just do that.

Thanks for your time.
Guido

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Fureiss (De profundis/Rosenkrantz studio) remastered one or two Drudkh albums (i think the 2nd and or 3nd).
I have all the 3 first DRUDKH in original, i cannot speak really about the reissue, but as far i remember artwork is also different in the reissues!
SoundsOfDecay

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard the original vinyl of Autumn Aurora but I know someone with the SOM reissue and the presentation is a little shit to say the least, very basic. One of those slightly "oversized" (too wide on the spine) normal sleeves, no gatefold or nothing. The disc sounded fine though, and the free download card is either fab or abhorrent depending which side you're on, I thought it was a half decent idea. The artwork is also different to the original LP version but it was still pretty good.
Mikael

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the original vinyls were without gatefold, inserts, just plain vinyl release, just as the band wanted. No tryhards or other gimmicks, just a normal vinyl release.
Travis N.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the simplicity of the represses. They sound great, but I've also never heard the originals.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost NEVER say this, but to me the best versions of these albums are the Eisenwald pic discs. Beautiful discs, great sound, killer textured jackets. I think the original black LPs are shit, and the art should have been in color. Lyrics are irrelevant to me because I have as much chance of understanding Cyrillic as I do at fucking Jessica Alba in the ass.
Mikael

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
I almost NEVER say this, but to me the best versions of these albums are the Eisenwald pic discs. Beautiful discs, great sound, killer textured jackets. I think the original black LPs are shit, and the art should have been in color. Lyrics are irrelevant to me because I have as much chance of understanding Cyrillic as I do at fucking Jessica Alba in the ass.

Why? Band wanted it to be like that, so who are any other to bitch about that? Eisenwald did a good job on the pic-discs, but originals are originals. If a band has a vision how things should look, others should not complain about that and honestly, most of the people complaining about the early vinyls didn't even buy those back then. Drudkh was SMALL at that point.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original Drudkh LP's do seem cheap, but I suppose that is in comparison to being spoiled by NWN releases etc etc

I guess if the band were trying to avoid the ebay collector craze that goes with some bands vinyl discography I could certainly respect the bands choice to try and be as plain as possible to accomplish that, however it backfired anyways. Laughing

I have a couple of them, great band, happy enough with the LP's.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only bought the CDs but the originals looked awesome. I don't know what the fuck is going on with those reissues with the different artwork - why fuck with an awesome thing?

Confused
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
I only bought the CDs but the originals looked awesome. I don't know what the fuck is going on with those reissues with the different artwork - why fuck with an awesome thing?

Confused

Well... from a business perspective it's good to re-sell again to the avid rabid collectors who have to have everything, even if it's the same music with a different picture on the cover. ...or artists are extremely cheap and why not use another image, not like it matters that much really. Laughing
Grimith

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the re-issues of the first four albums and they seem fine to me, i didn't care so much for the download card, why would i buy the LP then want to listen to shitty mp3's? Never heard the originals, they always went for way too much thats why i got the re-issues.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimith wrote:
why would i buy the LP then want to listen to shitty mp3's?

Download card: the sign of the times for the vinyl buyer of 2011...... nice looking album and shitty looking mp3.......
Sunnportal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think those download card things are a good if pointless idea. I got one with my Aeroplane Over The Sea and Mule Variations LP's.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The download card is funny, as usually I've already stolen the album months before buying any version of it, so when you get that download card in the LP I laugh. ...does the codes even work or is it all just to humor people ?
Mikael

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
The download card is funny, as usually I've already stolen the album months before buying any version of it, so when you get that download card in the LP I laugh. ...does the codes even work or is it all just to humor people ?

I always give the codes to my friends whom haven't bought the album, so it's not totally useless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: