P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Any Suggestions on Audiophile Headphones (under 300 $) ???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MassDoomFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Any Suggestions on Audiophile Headphones (under 300 $) ??? Reply with quote

I got the BOSE qc 2 noise cancelling head phones about 5 months ago, sound is "alright" on them - they go for around 200-300 - i got a new (unpackaged) pair for 200 on amazon. Many reviews stated they were made out of cheap plastic and they would break, i ignored the reviews. I treated these like a new born baby - and sure enough over the weekend the fucking plastic snapped on the left headphone - arrghhhh.. these fucking things are gauranteed to fucking snap dont get em.

I am searching for some new ones.. I have read a shit load reviews on amazon and I am confused as to what really is good for metal music - mostly listened to on 320 kibs mp3's & sometimes plugged into a stereo reciever. help
Any suggestions? good headphones that noise cancel - over the ear...???
ADB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best thing is to actually go into a store with a couple of metal CDs and just listen & test for yourself. Personal preference for how things sound is always highly subjective so you can only please yourself. For instance everyone goes apeshit over Sennheiser gear but I personally don't rate their stuff at all.

Plus you can only get an idea of build quality by actually having the things in your own hands. A lot of people who write reviews on the interwebs haven't even got the product themselves, they just have a sense of brand loyalty and will go on about something only because somebody else told them about it.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADB wrote:
Sennheiser

I really liked the sound of the in ear buds I had, but the jack was very poorly designed and in the two years they were under warranty I went through 5 pairs (the place I get them is very good about replacements).

I have Klipsch ones now that are okay, I find they come out too easily....
ill omen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the price the grado sr-60 (~$60) and the sr-80 (~$100) cant be beat. dont let the overinflated price tags on sennheiser etc fool you. the grado headphones are really affordable and sound fanatastic. i have a set of the sr-60's and get my best listening done with those.
Travis N.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony 7506s sound excellent. They're durable as fuck and they're only $100.
GHOAT

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a pair of wireless Sennheiser headphones (forgot the model) that I got on eBay for like $60. They sound pretty good to me.

But I tried out a pair of THESE over the weekend and they sounded fucking incredible. Ignore the endorsement haha.

You can find them for less than $300 I am pretty sure. They also make several more affordable models that I am sure sound killer. I might pick a pair up.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean I don't really care for a lot of his solo material, but Dre was a pretty fucking spot on producer now and again.....
bornforburning

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have these wooden ones which sound pretty darn good to me-
http://m.gizmodo.com/5475058/thinksound-earphones-review-wood-that-you-should
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wood ones ?

Hell, I was about to suggest soup cans. Wink
holy ghost

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought wood ones would be some fucking odin flute metal bs but those actually look incredibly tasteful....
weaklingone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Any Suggestions on Audiophile Headphones (under 300 $) ? Reply with quote

MassDoomFan wrote:
I got the BOSE qc 2 noise cancelling head phones about 5 months ago, sound is "alright" on them - they go for around 200-300 - i got a new (unpackaged) pair for 200 on amazon. Many reviews stated they were made out of cheap plastic and they would break, i ignored the reviews. I treated these like a new born baby - and sure enough over the weekend the fucking plastic snapped on the left headphone - arrghhhh.. these fucking things are gauranteed to fucking snap dont get em.

I am searching for some new ones.. I have read a shit load reviews on amazon and I am confused as to what really is good for metal music - mostly listened to on 320 kibs mp3's & sometimes plugged into a stereo reciever. help

I have had the Bose ones for years, and they do break, but if you take them to a Bose store, they will replace the broken ones for $90.00. Also, they will replace it with the newest version as well. Honestly, the biggest issue I have with the Bose are that the wires wear out really quickly, but you can also buy those individually for $15.00. I have never had the issue of plastic snapping on them though, do you know how exactly they broke?
Wants/Trades: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=275935#275935
Good Traders: Golden Bull, Jalmym203, Kakarot SS5 (Sale), Mangled Torsos (Sale), bc, blashyrkh66, Hobophobic (Multiple), dangerass, thevampirictyrant
Lutfor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bose q15s cost an arm and a leg (or so it seems) but they last a while and sound great. I subjected my pair to hours and hours of listening and it took a good calendar year and a half before they were toast.....Actually, for just about 1 1/2 years of loyal service, maybe not such a great buy.

Utter revulsion for what I've done.

You don't want the Butt Kraken!
Bring on the Krappen!

Slaughter wrote:
Why isn't Goatlord being mentioned? Is it too fast or something?
MassDoomFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Any Suggestions on Audiophile Headphones (under 300 $) ? Reply with quote

weaklingone wrote:
MassDoomFan wrote:

I have had the Bose ones for years, and they do break, but if you take them to a Bose store, they will replace the broken ones for $90.00. Also, they will replace it with the newest version as well. Honestly, the biggest issue I have with the Bose are that the wires wear out really quickly, but you can also buy those individually for $15.00. I have never had the issue of plastic snapping on them though, do you know how exactly they broke?
where the head band meets the hinge that connects to the earphone - the plastic snapped & all I did was take it out of the case . see the picture -http://www.amazon.com/Bose-QuietComfort-Acoustic-Cancelling-Headphones/dp/B00021Y9OA/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1322533316&sr=1-10 -- right under where it has L and R .. It broke there and the electrical tape & Krazey Glue did not work - I will try the bose store - bose corporate head quarters is like 2 towns over from me, I actually poured the concrete floors on the "wave radio" shaped building that was built in the early 90's. bose is legendary here - lots of jobs.
pataphysicien

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had very good experiences with Beyerdynamics. utterly honest headphones. they should have some great phones for around 300, been a long time since I checked though.
your Country 90's death metal is very stupid & poor sound
Do you know why? Ask Your KING Dan Swanö .

Do you know ?
because of stupid like you. Died My old friend Jon Nödtveidt.
N.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The phones that fry your brains!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: