P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Timeghoul - Discography CD/LP - CD SHIPPING NOW!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly is the LP version situation of this release ?
Months away ? Over a year perhaps ? ...or right around the corner ?

Anyways, that digi looks great.

@drinks : As for ripping and storing... Laughing
Seriously ?

How long are you expecting to live and needing a perfectly mint untouched by time copy of any album ? Laughing
Use and take care of your stuff... my home is like a museum fortress, nothing in it cannot be used and nothing shows any wear or tear... I understand not taking albums into the car or to a pals party... but to rip a copy and never use the actual physical original in ones own home seems absurd to me. Laughing
darkdescentrecords

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Months away for the LP. Not sure Ted's exact timeline but I imagine his next releases should be available for pre-order soon. Timeghoul is not in the next batch.

As far as this digipak is concerned, I think many will be surprised. This is heavy duty card stock with a matte finish. It's pretty sturdy and unlike most. I went with a few extras on the layout and it turned out terrific. This is no cheap digipak.
Aaattaack

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will there be any other labels distrbuting this digipak in europe?
drinks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Seriously ?

How long are you expecting to live and needing a perfectly mint untouched by time copy of any album ? Laughing
Use and take care of your stuff... my home is like a museum fortress, nothing in it cannot be used and nothing shows any wear or tear... I understand not taking albums into the car or to a pals party... but to rip a copy and never use the actual physical original in ones own home seems absurd to me. Laughing

I have several digis where the teeth that hold the disc in place have broken, so they have to be stored in separate cases. I prefer to avoid this, I usually buy standard jewel case versions when available.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drinks wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
Seriously ?

I have several digis where the teeth that hold the disc in place have broken, so they have to be stored in separate cases. I prefer to avoid this, I usually buy standard jewel case versions when available.

Ahhh, broken teeth situation. Got ya.
Easily repaired if you have an extra digi unit of some band you no longer care for and a heating device to warm the glue on the back of the trays. Heat, and gently remove and replace with unbroken unit with a dab of new glue if needed, if quick allow old glue to just re-dry.

Candle can work, but place another item between digi or plastic tray side, like couple layers of foil and it does not take long to warm glue until soft for tray switching.
darkdescentrecords

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaattaack wrote:
will there be any other labels distrbuting this digipak in europe?

MSUO, Xtreem, Nuclear Winter, Necroshine, Hellthrasher and I'm sure a couple others. Considering a good chunk of the run has already been sold, copies at these distros will be limited, so don't wait once they get them.
darkdescentrecords

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
drinks wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
Seriously ?

Ahhh, broken teeth situation. Got ya.
Easily repaired if you have an extra digi unit of some band you no longer care for and a heating device to warm the glue on the back of the trays. Heat, and gently remove and replace with unbroken unit with a dab of new glue if needed, if quick allow old glue to just re-dry.

Candle can work, but place another item between digi or plastic tray side, like couple layers of foil and it does not take long to warm glue until soft for tray switching.

Hairdryer will heat the glue. Glue that holds the tray on is just glue used with one of those glue guns you get at a hobby store. You can buy replacement trays online.
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:

Heat, and gently remove and replace with unbroken unit with a dab of new glue if needed, if quick allow old glue to just re-dry.

No, not much at all... so much it often happens on the shelves!
Korgull

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine today, this is excellent material! The presentation is great too, I like that the original demo covers are represented on the booklet. Another quality reissue from Dark Descent.
AWB666

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:

I understand not taking albums into the car or to a pals party... but to rip a copy and never use the actual physical original in ones own home seems absurd to me. Laughing

Yeah, a person I know was telling me his friend who is in several bands releases their vinyl with enclosed special certificates containing download codes so you can have "the best of both worlds" (???). I guess that means LPs and EPs are household ornaments for some people, perhaps only brought out and played on "special occassions" if ever...

OT: Never caught Timeghoul when they were active, but some of the stuff I've heard sounded pretty interesting. Will try and pick up this CD at some stage. More good work from DD.
bnh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine today. Sound and packaging are top-notch. Kudos to Dark Descent for a really nice release, fast turnaround and shipping, etc.

Perverted Priest wrote:
What's so evil in being faggot? Opposing religions by being puffy?
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, taking care of stuff is one thing, never using is just pathetic.

So after 20 yrs of collecting and just playing the MP3 files, what, you die and leave a perfectly brand new untouched collection for someone else to play or what ?

The mentality is lost to me, same as needing every color version of the same album. Are they all going to be played ? Nope, not even realistic to try. ...just plain retardedness. Wink
dalecooper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWB666 wrote:

Yeah, a person I know was telling me his friend who is in several bands releases their vinyl with enclosed special certificates containing download codes so you can have "the best of both worlds" (???). I guess that means LPs and EPs are household ornaments for some people, perhaps only brought out and played on "special occassions" if ever...

That's not really the intent of those download codes. The idea is that you can listen to the mp3s in your car, on your mp3 player, at work, etc. without having to rip the vinyl yourself to do it. You're still allowed to listen to the record itself at home - the mp3s don't in any way prevent you from doing so.
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
The idea is that you can listen to the mp3s in your car, on your mp3 player, at work, etc. without having to rip the vinyl yourself to do it.

I have to admit being seduced by the ease of MP3s. Also the foobar2000 stand-alone install Smile
darkdescentrecords

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most pre-orders have been shipped and the rest will be going out Monday and Tuesday. Get your copy now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: