P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

so after listening to envoy of lucifer lots of times ...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: so after listening to envoy of lucifer lots of times ... Reply with quote

i have decided its just ehhhhhh. not horrible but...
nothing special at all. and the layout to the lp is lame.
maybe im just burned out on all this "extreme" shit.
give me old metal anyday.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Storm of the reaper was my favorite, but you're right, it wasn't that great.
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First track wins so far ! Rest is so, so !
masters_throne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The album is nothing but great! fin

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its just the same old shit. especially the vocals. for fucks sake do something less monotonous. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My least favorite Nifelheim album, but still a great album. I think the thundermetal split showed some major promise, but I feel the production on EoL could be abit rawer, or more like on the split.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes you have to quit whinnig. Ok, so Envoy of Lucifer is not the greatest NIFELHEIM album to date. But it sure is far superior to the majority of crap that floods the market these days or at any time in history for that matter. It is a wicked album that fires on all cylinders, it's not Servants of Darkness 'cuz it's Envoy of Lucifer, you know - a different album. If you guys are so unhappy go and listen to the latest opeth or jobforacowboy or whatever other crap you want, then you can come back to Envoy of Lucifer and realize that it sets the standards for shitloads of others. NIFELHEIM have achieved a (un)Godly status for a reason, and they did not dissapoint. And even if by their standards the new album isn't as good as the predecessor, it doesn not by any means take away from their fucking brilliance.
DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nukklear Superion wrote:
Sometimes you have to quit whinnig. Ok, so Envoy of Lucifer is not the greatest NIFELHEIM album to date. But it sure is far superior to the majority of crap that floods the market these days or at any time in history for that matter. It is a wicked album that fires on all cylinders, it's not Servants of Darkness 'cuz it's Envoy of Lucifer, you know - a different album. If you guys are so unhappy go and listen to the latest opeth or jobforacowboy or whatever other crap you want, then you can come back to Envoy of Lucifer and realize that it sets the standards for shitloads of others. NIFELHEIM have achieved a (un)Godly status for a reason, and they did not dissapoint. And even if by their standards the new album isn't as good as the predecessor, it doesn not by any means take away from their fucking brilliance.

well hi my name is lino and im 36 years old and im bored shitless of extreme black metal delivered the same old way on every song . i listen to old stuff i grew up on, not discovered yesterday and shit i even said it wasnt horrible. but it doesnt matter. my 20 dollars was invested in something i was originally excited about but now just kind of ehhhh .you cult guys are obsessed by image not by music. i am obsessed by metal music that is intense with passion and aggression. saying satan and reaper on every other song doesnt count as brillaint.its counts as loss for words. and this is coming from my caveman fucking mouth! so sorry to rain in your cave in the underground . this is not a bash fest or war flames but a educated experienced opinion. thats all. Laughing
Scourge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you fucking hate hipsters saying Job For a Cowboy are Grind?
Evil Fifi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DESECRATOR777 wrote:

...and im bored shitless of extreme black metal delivered the same old way on every song .

For god's sake...thou speaketh the truth!
The_Elite

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think it's fantastic- I buy/get given a lot of music and it still stood out as an album of the year for me. Then again I love Reinkaos. Then again the only persons opinion I care about is my own. Laughing
SorceressBitch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Envoy... as much as their previous releases. It is good! BUT I rather listen to Servants of Darkness or of course the s/t or D.F. I don't think the album cover has fully convinced me either. heh. A good album nonetheless.
CraiGORE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
Don't you fucking hate hipsters saying Job For a Cowboy are Grind?

haha
Karan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is over hyped...and although I like it, it is not their best, that goes to "Devils' Force" or maybe the "S/T"...but for some reason they have created quite some noise out there...I mean a friend of mine, die-hard fan of Nifelheim, just traded me 3 CD's for the "Envoy of lucifer"...good for me! And after the initial buzz and buying the CD in a price far higher thna the one I would pay, you now can get the CD in many places...the vinyl was also something like a marketing threat or something, I am sure they will make more...and as all Nifelheim releases, no lyrics and just simple presentation...still better than many shite nowadays...but hell yes, why are the vocals so monotonous? Or so buried in the mix?
Still I woudl like to see them live someday...
Astaroth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DESECRATOR777 wrote:
you cult guys are obsessed by image not by music. i am obsessed by metal music that is intense with passion and aggression. saying satan and reaper on every other song doesnt count as brillaint.its counts as loss for words. and this is coming from my caveman fucking mouth! so sorry to rain in your cave in the underground.

This should be worded into the disclaimer when accepting the rules and regulations to join this forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: