P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Nihilist - Carnal Leftovers - 12" + 7"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NX-01

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lazy effers working at Southern Lord didn't respond to any of my two polite inquiries about exchanging the damaged sleeves.

dangerass wrote:
NX-01 wrote:
got my two copies from SL today; fuck they arrived with huge gashes on the spines, and the outer box didn't even have the same denting so i'm guessing they shipped them out to me originally with the dents like that. i'm thinking of contacting them about this. anybody ever go thru an exchange with them? good or bad idea?

Try it. They have replaced my shit before. I have only ordered from them three or four times, but they seem alright about fixing their mistakes.
ADB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

videodisease wrote:
ADB wrote:
videodisease wrote:
got this today. I hate Pirate's Press vinyl.

what's your problem with their vinyl?

for some reason there is always a sand like substance in the dust sleeve whenever I pull out the record. Pretty much any new record I buy that was pressed at PP has tiny little scratches all over it. The jackets they print also have perforations on the end of the openings, and it just makes it look cheap.

Never really had scratches or dust/sand, sometimes some really fine paper particles but it's never a big deal. The perforations are a bit weird though
Weltbrand

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but the amount of typos in the liner notes/track listing is embarrassing. 'Morbid Devourmen'.
LifeDepraved

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADB wrote:
videodisease wrote:
ADB wrote:
videodisease wrote:
got this today. I hate Pirate's Press vinyl.

what's your problem with their vinyl?

for some reason there is always a sand like substance in the dust sleeve whenever I pull out the record. Pretty much any new record I buy that was pressed at PP has tiny little scratches all over it. The jackets they print also have perforations on the end of the openings, and it just makes it look cheap.

Never really had scratches or dust/sand, sometimes some really fine paper particles but it's never a big deal. The perforations are a bit weird though

Only time I had a problem with this was from the recent reissue of "First Daze Here Too"...and there was a lot of sandy substance.

Good Sellers/Buyers/Traders: In Solitude, metalbrain, IIIRD GATEKEEPER, Mangled Torsos, Kakarot SS5, S(2), Schoolslave, Heksekult, Hobophobic(2), IXTAB.
Barghest

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NX-01 wrote:
the lazy effers working at Southern Lord didn't respond to any of my two polite inquiries about exchanging the damaged sleeves.

dangerass wrote:
NX-01 wrote:
got my two copies from SL today; fuck they arrived with huge gashes on the spines, and the outer box didn't even have the same denting so i'm guessing they shipped them out to me originally with the dents like that. i'm thinking of contacting them about this. anybody ever go thru an exchange with them? good or bad idea?

Try it. They have replaced my shit before. I have only ordered from them three or four times, but they seem alright about fixing their mistakes.

I sent SL photos of all the bent corners and seam splits on my Nihilist sleeve. Took a week or so for them to reply, but they said they would send a replacement sleeve, which arrived in perfect condition yesterday.
Psicoterror

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered 4 copies from amazon and all of them came sealed. However, one LP came WITHOUT the 7'EP.
I contacted amazon and those assholes told me that if I want to keep that LP they will refund me just $3.30. If I don't, then I should RETURN the LP for a replacement which is just ridiculous because sending it back will cost me almost the same ammount I paid for the LP in the first place!
They said that sending the missing 7'ep is just not possible...fucking ridiculous...
DISGUSTOR666

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha just picked this up at my local shop! Didnt even know about this being released! Fukkin badass!!!!!!
Out Now:
Rude - "Remnants", Hirax - "1984 Demo", Thy Infernal - "Satan's Wrath", Magazine #10
drinks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

videodisease wrote:
for some reason there is always a sand like substance in the dust sleeve whenever I pull out the record. Pretty much any new record I buy that was pressed at PP has tiny little scratches all over it.

Pirate's Press is a broker for GZ. This is no surprise. GZ probably has the most lax quality control of any pressing plant in existence. I've heard from some that it's basically a sandstorm in the plant, this only goes further to confirming it.
sztorm75

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psicoterror wrote:
I ordered 4 copies from amazon and all of them came sealed. However, one LP came WITHOUT the 7'EP.
I contacted amazon and those assholes told me that if I want to keep that LP they will refund me just $3.30. If I don't, then I should RETURN the LP for a replacement which is just ridiculous because sending it back will cost me almost the same ammount I paid for the LP in the first place!
They said that sending the missing 7'ep is just not possible...fucking ridiculous...

When were these sent?
Psicoterror

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sztorm75 wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:

When were these sent?

Aprox. 8-9 days ago.
Barghest

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psicoterror wrote:

Which Amazon store did you get the LP from?

In the UK, Amazon cover the cost of return postage if the item is damaged on arrival. They arrange for a courier to collect it as well. I was quite surprised how easy it was to send back my Slayer Mag Diaries book to them (which arrived with the cover half ripped off from the spine). They even sent the replacement to me before I sent the ripped one back.

Maybe they do this in other countries as well?
Dail

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drinks wrote:
videodisease wrote:
for some reason there is always a sand like substance in the dust sleeve whenever I pull out the record. Pretty much any new record I buy that was pressed at PP has tiny little scratches all over it.

Pirate's Press is a broker for GZ. This is no surprise. GZ probably has the most lax quality control of any pressing plant in existence. I've heard from some that it's basically a sandstorm in the plant, this only goes further to confirming it.

it is not sand, it's particles from the colored vinyl process. that's what i was told by Pirates Press.
Psicoterror

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barghest wrote:

In the UK, Amazon cover the cost of return postage if the item is damaged on arrival. They arrange for a courier to collect it as well. I was quite surprised how easy it was to send back my Slayer Mag Diaries book to them (which arrived with the cover half ripped off from the spine). They even sent the replacement to me before I sent the ripped one back.

I got it from Amazon USA. Perhaps it was easy for you because you live in UK where is located the Amazon office you ordered from, but remember that I live in Southamerica.
Anyway, I'll have to order another copy I guess!
Descension

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psicoterror wrote:
Barghest wrote:

I got it from Amazon USA. Perhaps it was easy for you because you live in UK where is located the Amazon office you ordered from, but remember that I live in Southamerica.

The reason why this is particularly fucked is because the 7" sleeve is actually glued to the 12" sleeve... so either it came off or was never applied? Really odd.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Descension wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
Barghest wrote:

The reason why this is particularly fucked is because the 7" sleeve is actually glued to the 12" sleeve... so either it came off or was never applied? Really odd.

was the 7" sleeve missing as well, or just the 7" ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: