P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Nihilist - Carnal Leftovers - 12" + 7"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NX-01



Joined: 09 Aug 2011
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lazy effers working at Southern Lord didn't respond to any of my two polite inquiries about exchanging the damaged sleeves.


dangerass wrote:
NX-01 wrote:
got my two copies from SL today; fuck they arrived with huge gashes on the spines, and the outer box didn't even have the same denting so i'm guessing they shipped them out to me originally with the dents like that. i'm thinking of contacting them about this. anybody ever go thru an exchange with them? good or bad idea?


Try it. They have replaced my shit before. I have only ordered from them three or four times, but they seem alright about fixing their mistakes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ADB



Joined: 20 Jan 2009
Posts: 2331
Location: Melbourne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

videodisease wrote:
ADB wrote:
videodisease wrote:
got this today. I hate Pirate's Press vinyl.


what's your problem with their vinyl?

for some reason there is always a sand like substance in the dust sleeve whenever I pull out the record. Pretty much any new record I buy that was pressed at PP has tiny little scratches all over it. The jackets they print also have perforations on the end of the openings, and it just makes it look cheap.


Never really had scratches or dust/sand, sometimes some really fine paper particles but it's never a big deal. The perforations are a bit weird though
_________________
Ignivomous merch: abaddon_963[at]hotmail.com
Whitehorse Bandcamp
Voidchrist Bandcamp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Weltbrand



Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 1182

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but the amount of typos in the liner notes/track listing is embarrassing. 'Morbid Devourmen'.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LifeDepraved



Joined: 13 Dec 2007
Posts: 2729

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADB wrote:
videodisease wrote:
ADB wrote:
videodisease wrote:
got this today. I hate Pirate's Press vinyl.


what's your problem with their vinyl?

for some reason there is always a sand like substance in the dust sleeve whenever I pull out the record. Pretty much any new record I buy that was pressed at PP has tiny little scratches all over it. The jackets they print also have perforations on the end of the openings, and it just makes it look cheap.


Never really had scratches or dust/sand, sometimes some really fine paper particles but it's never a big deal. The perforations are a bit weird though


Only time I had a problem with this was from the recent reissue of "First Daze Here Too"...and there was a lot of sandy substance.
_________________
Trade/Sale List

Good Sellers/Buyers/Traders: In Solitude, metalbrain, IIIRD GATEKEEPER, Mangled Torsos, Kakarot SS5, S(2), Schoolslave, Heksekult, Hobophobic(2), IXTAB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Barghest



Joined: 18 Jul 2010
Posts: 656
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NX-01 wrote:
the lazy effers working at Southern Lord didn't respond to any of my two polite inquiries about exchanging the damaged sleeves.


dangerass wrote:
NX-01 wrote:
got my two copies from SL today; fuck they arrived with huge gashes on the spines, and the outer box didn't even have the same denting so i'm guessing they shipped them out to me originally with the dents like that. i'm thinking of contacting them about this. anybody ever go thru an exchange with them? good or bad idea?


Try it. They have replaced my shit before. I have only ordered from them three or four times, but they seem alright about fixing their mistakes.


I sent SL photos of all the bent corners and seam splits on my Nihilist sleeve. Took a week or so for them to reply, but they said they would send a replacement sleeve, which arrived in perfect condition yesterday.
_________________
Barghest - Label & Distro
ISENSCUR - Mˇna■fylen LP (free download now available with LP)
KARK Mastering
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Psicoterror



Joined: 09 May 2009
Posts: 527
Location: Lima

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered 4 copies from amazon and all of them came sealed. However, one LP came WITHOUT the 7'EP.
I contacted amazon and those assholes told me that if I want to keep that LP they will refund me just $3.30. If I don't, then I should RETURN the LP for a replacement which is just ridiculous because sending it back will cost me almost the same ammount I paid for the LP in the first place!
They said that sending the missing 7'ep is just not possible...fucking ridiculous...
_________________
Psicoterror'zine,
Our website is online again! Old interviews have been put online!
www.dark-hidden.com/psicoterror
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DISGUSTOR666



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 1271

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha just picked this up at my local shop! Didnt even know about this being released! Fukkin badass!!!!!!
_________________
HEADSPLITRECORDS@YAHOO.COM
EXTREME,DRUNK,DISGUSTING - PORTLAND,OR
www.headsplitrecords.storenvy.com
Out Now:
Rude - "Remnants", Hirax - "1984 Demo", Thy Infernal - "Satan's Wrath", Magazine #10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drinks



Joined: 15 May 2011
Posts: 957

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

videodisease wrote:
for some reason there is always a sand like substance in the dust sleeve whenever I pull out the record. Pretty much any new record I buy that was pressed at PP has tiny little scratches all over it.

Pirate's Press is a broker for GZ. This is no surprise. GZ probably has the most lax quality control of any pressing plant in existence. I've heard from some that it's basically a sandstorm in the plant, this only goes further to confirming it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sztorm75



Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Posts: 4359
Location: Warsaw, Poland

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psicoterror wrote:
I ordered 4 copies from amazon and all of them came sealed. However, one LP came WITHOUT the 7'EP.
I contacted amazon and those assholes told me that if I want to keep that LP they will refund me just $3.30. If I don't, then I should RETURN the LP for a replacement which is just ridiculous because sending it back will cost me almost the same ammount I paid for the LP in the first place!
They said that sending the missing 7'ep is just not possible...fucking ridiculous...


When were these sent?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Psicoterror



Joined: 09 May 2009
Posts: 527
Location: Lima

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sztorm75 wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
I ordered 4 copies from amazon and all of them came sealed. However, one LP came WITHOUT the 7'EP.
I contacted amazon and those assholes told me that if I want to keep that LP they will refund me just $3.30. If I don't, then I should RETURN the LP for a replacement which is just ridiculous because sending it back will cost me almost the same ammount I paid for the LP in the first place!
They said that sending the missing 7'ep is just not possible...fucking ridiculous...


When were these sent?


Aprox. 8-9 days ago.
_________________
Psicoterror'zine,
Our website is online again! Old interviews have been put online!
www.dark-hidden.com/psicoterror
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Barghest



Joined: 18 Jul 2010
Posts: 656
Location: UK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psicoterror wrote:
I contacted amazon and those assholes told me that if I want to keep that LP they will refund me just $3.30. If I don't, then I should RETURN the LP for a replacement which is just ridiculous because sending it back will cost me almost the same ammount I paid for the LP in the first place!


Which Amazon store did you get the LP from?

In the UK, Amazon cover the cost of return postage if the item is damaged on arrival. They arrange for a courier to collect it as well. I was quite surprised how easy it was to send back my Slayer Mag Diaries book to them (which arrived with the cover half ripped off from the spine). They even sent the replacement to me before I sent the ripped one back.

Maybe they do this in other countries as well?
_________________
Barghest - Label & Distro
ISENSCUR - Mˇna■fylen LP (free download now available with LP)
KARK Mastering
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dail



Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 467

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drinks wrote:
videodisease wrote:
for some reason there is always a sand like substance in the dust sleeve whenever I pull out the record. Pretty much any new record I buy that was pressed at PP has tiny little scratches all over it.

Pirate's Press is a broker for GZ. This is no surprise. GZ probably has the most lax quality control of any pressing plant in existence. I've heard from some that it's basically a sandstorm in the plant, this only goes further to confirming it.


it is not sand, it's particles from the colored vinyl process. that's what i was told by Pirates Press.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Psicoterror



Joined: 09 May 2009
Posts: 527
Location: Lima

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barghest wrote:

Which Amazon store did you get the LP from?

In the UK, Amazon cover the cost of return postage if the item is damaged on arrival. They arrange for a courier to collect it as well. I was quite surprised how easy it was to send back my Slayer Mag Diaries book to them (which arrived with the cover half ripped off from the spine). They even sent the replacement to me before I sent the ripped one back.

Maybe they do this in other countries as well?


I got it from Amazon USA. Perhaps it was easy for you because you live in UK where is located the Amazon office you ordered from, but remember that I live in Southamerica.
Anyway, I'll have to order another copy I guess!
_________________
Psicoterror'zine,
Our website is online again! Old interviews have been put online!
www.dark-hidden.com/psicoterror
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Descension



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 3548

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psicoterror wrote:
Barghest wrote:

Which Amazon store did you get the LP from?

In the UK, Amazon cover the cost of return postage if the item is damaged on arrival. They arrange for a courier to collect it as well. I was quite surprised how easy it was to send back my Slayer Mag Diaries book to them (which arrived with the cover half ripped off from the spine). They even sent the replacement to me before I sent the ripped one back.

Maybe they do this in other countries as well?


I got it from Amazon USA. Perhaps it was easy for you because you live in UK where is located the Amazon office you ordered from, but remember that I live in Southamerica.
Anyway, I'll have to order another copy I guess!

The reason why this is particularly fucked is because the 7" sleeve is actually glued to the 12" sleeve... so either it came off or was never applied? Really odd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blodhemn9



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 6609
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Descension wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
Barghest wrote:

Which Amazon store did you get the LP from?

In the UK, Amazon cover the cost of return postage if the item is damaged on arrival. They arrange for a courier to collect it as well. I was quite surprised how easy it was to send back my Slayer Mag Diaries book to them (which arrived with the cover half ripped off from the spine). They even sent the replacement to me before I sent the ripped one back.

Maybe they do this in other countries as well?


I got it from Amazon USA. Perhaps it was easy for you because you live in UK where is located the Amazon office you ordered from, but remember that I live in Southamerica.
Anyway, I'll have to order another copy I guess!

The reason why this is particularly fucked is because the 7" sleeve is actually glued to the 12" sleeve... so either it came off or was never applied? Really odd.


was the 7" sleeve missing as well, or just the 7" ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group