P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Rhinocervs projects question
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
eighthplague
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralvesl wrote:
eighthplague wrote:

I'd never order from CN, but Rhinocervs I've never had a problem with. Plus, the Rhinocervs tapes all sound excellent- most are pro anyway, good quality shirts, nice pins, etc. I've never heard a CN tape that sounded good whatsoever, save for the first press of the Odz Manouk tape.


The first press of Tukaaria - Raw to the Rapine that I have sounds like straight static with intermittent changes in pitch. Maybe their other releases didn't suffer from this problem, but after waiting a decent amount of time (6 weeks I think) to get an unlistenable tape I was done with giving them a chance. So maybe they don't deserve as bad of a rep as CN.


I've never heard the first press of that one I suppose. The only Rhinocervs tapes I didn't order was that and the first two untitled tapes (just got the pro pressed compilation).
Back to top
Dalen



Joined: 13 Jul 2010
Posts: 1775

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralvesl wrote:
The first press of Tukaaria - Raw to the Rapine that I have sounds like straight static with intermittent changes in pitch. Maybe their other releases didn't suffer from this problem, but after waiting a decent amount of time (6 weeks I think) to get an unlistenable tape I was done with giving them a chance. So maybe they don't deserve as bad of a rep as CN.


Raw To The Rapine's first press wasn't that bad, but RH-01 & RH-02 sound like pure shit. These were the worst.

The rest of their releases sound good enough though.
_________________
Sic transit gloria mundi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fallen_Empire
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalen wrote:
Raw To The Rapine's first press wasn't that bad, but RH-01 & RH-02 sound like pure shit. These were the worst.


Heh, I feel the opposite. But these are tapes we are talking about so it's entirely possible our copies do not sound the same
Back to top
Barghest



Joined: 18 Jul 2010
Posts: 601
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard that my Rhinocervs trade tapes have been shipped, at long last.
_________________
KARK Mastering - Vinyl, CD and tape mastering for underground artists
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Bateman



Joined: 19 Jan 2012
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope they'll arrive you soon!

BTW, does anybody know something about the Tukaaria and Odz Manouk CD Rereleases on PROFOUND LORE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7007

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my stuff from Rhinocervs today after a very easy email. This is the longest I've ever had to wait for something from them but I'd still say it was good service.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hobophobic



Joined: 03 May 2009
Posts: 2383
Location: R'lyeh, TX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got my rh-13 and tukaaria t-shirt yesterday. fucking nice tape. reminds me a lot of the blind wound from leviathan.
_________________
Endless Morbidity wrote:
fuck "deluxe" bullshit. Albums don't need extra trinkets and shit. These are METAL records, not cracker jacks.


holy ghost wrote:

So basically... who gives a cats whiskers?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
LazerBeast



Joined: 06 Apr 2011
Posts: 265
Location: Wisconsin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, hopefully my RH-13 arrives soon then. Still waiting on my recent, and first, order from CN also.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mendicant



Joined: 22 Mar 2011
Posts: 597
Location: Canberra, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazerBeast wrote:
Good, hopefully my RH-13 arrives soon then. Still waiting on my recent, and first, order from CN also.


haha me too - I wonder how they go with international shipping if it takes that long in the US
_________________
www.mendicantmusic.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Doomerology



Joined: 14 Jun 2011
Posts: 163
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bateman wrote:
Hope they'll arrive you soon!

BTW, does anybody know something about the Tukaaria and Odz Manouk CD Rereleases on PROFOUND LORE?


As of early February, Profound Lore was waiting for the bands to send the music. He's ready to do it, but the bands stopped communicating.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PFL



Joined: 29 May 2009
Posts: 172

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomerology wrote:
Bateman wrote:
Hope they'll arrive you soon!

BTW, does anybody know something about the Tukaaria and Odz Manouk CD Rereleases on PROFOUND LORE?


As of early February, Profound Lore was waiting for the bands to send the music. He's ready to do it, but the bands stopped communicating.


Got the music, all properly mastered and sounding the best these songs have ever sounded.

Just waiting on the artwork. Last time they told me they will have the artwork to me "tomorrow". That was over three months ago.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1349



Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Posts: 681
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody wanting to part with their RH 11, 12 or 13?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eight



Joined: 04 Mar 2012
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFL wrote:
Just waiting on the artwork. Last time they told me they will have the artwork to me "tomorrow". That was over three months ago.

That seems like Rhinocerv's and Crepusculo Negro's life stories. I ordered 2 shirts and a tape from CN in April '11, when they both had the joint rip off store, and I still haven't received them. I finally got through to Devon of Rhinocervs and said he'd talk to CN about it, who actually replied to my several month old email and said they'd print the shirts and send them + tape. This was in August. Since then I've ordered from CN without problems.

I also haven't received RH-11 from Rhinocervs. No replies from emails, I even left a "note" on paypal when I paid for RH-13 about it. Though I did receive RH-12.

It feels like I'm rolling the dice when I order from either of these labels, Rhinocervs and CN.

Great first post, huh?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fallen_Empire
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eight wrote:
It feels like I'm rolling the dice when I order from either of these labels, Rhinocervs and CN.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGEiBOTITjQ&t=139s
Back to top
LazerBeast



Joined: 06 Apr 2011
Posts: 265
Location: Wisconsin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my RH-13 tape in the mail today, still waiting on my CN order.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 18 of 28

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group