P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Post your most "influential" album...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutfor wrote:
When I was younger, Gorgoroth honestly creeped me out a little. I think it was their conviction in what they represented that spooked me. There was this whole aura about them. I see past it now but damn they were a fucking trve band.

They're the only big Norwegian band that I still listen to. Even now with Gayhhl and Queen out of the band, I'd definitely go and see them if they played here.
Lutfor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blutkvlt wrote:
Lutfor wrote:
When I was younger, Gorgoroth honestly creeped me out a little. I think it was their conviction in what they represented that spooked me. There was this whole aura about them. I see past it now but damn they were a fucking trve band.

They're the only big Norwegian band that I still listen to. Even now with Gayhhl and Queen out of the band, I'd definitely go and see them if they played here.

Hell yeah, cause Pest came back!

Utter revulsion for what I've done.

You don't want the Butt Kraken!
Bring on the Krappen!

Slaughter wrote:
Why isn't Goatlord being mentioned? Is it too fast or something?
BREW HAMMER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I conned my aunt into buying me a Metallica "Kill em All" tape from Target when I was eleven. I never heard anything like it, I remember she asked "Is your mom okay with you listening to this?"...

A year later my sister let me borrow Venom "Welcome to Hell", I flipped my lid after that. Visions of satan and hell ran wild through my mind while I cut pentagrams into my skin. I didn't even know what the hell black metal was.

A couple years later I bought some LSD and Dimmu Borgir's "For All Tid", it was over after that...
Dalen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Third part, last one for the time being.

Black metal does not really exist nowadays. Someone could say I'm exaggerating but there are some bits of truth in my argument. There are lots of great records coming out but there's a problem with most of 'em. I like my metal with some shreds of skin between the teeth because black metal, above all, is a personal thing and a statement. And its statement lies in the scream. This feeling that makes you say ''fuck you, I can't take any more of that bullshit''. This is why 666 International ends up among the most original and authentic black metal records of all time. It focuses on the core of ''what'' black metal ''is all about'' without clearly being a black metal record due to its industrial elements. Perhaps I should mention that riff of Ærie Descent which ended as a piano melody for Ion Storm, so you could say its roots date back to the early 90's, Thorns' influence was big, Mysticum helped a lot but this thing ok belongs to a whole different level. Just like Deathspell Omega were influenced by Ved Buens Ende's disarmonic riffs, among other references. Things can move on without altering the feeling. And when I first focused on Aldrahn's outbursts on Shiva-Interfere I realized this record was here to stay forever. I seriously don't know how many hundreds of times I've listened to it in my life so far.
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speerhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Led Zep III & Napalm Death Scum
SWO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush - Some greatest hits compilation (first significant musical experience songs like "freewill" "2112" "working man" shattered my brain)
Metallicock - Master of Puppets (first metal album)
Emperor - ITNSE (first experience with BM)

Fuck metal, hail interludes
darkrider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before hearing this album i had only listened to more well known bands such as Blind Guardian, Manowar,, Helloween, Megadeth etc;

After hearing Thundersteel i had to find more that sounded like it, and that's what opened the door into the world of lesser known true metal gems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: