P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

SLAYER MAGAZINE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutterofgums

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Black wrote:
Endless Morbidity wrote:
Unlike I most, I see good Metal as art, thus it should be readily available to those who want it. No real artist creates art to let it sit in his basement. If he does, then he's full of shit (hi Judas Iscariot). Other wise what's the point of expressing yourself or creating anything?

Zines are different though. If a bunch of fly-by-nights and trend hoppers want to listen to bands on MySpace and post little cute messages on their profile, fine. But zines are for those with a fucking clue and those who appreciate them.

Respectfully disagree. Zines, you will notice, are a mechanism for publicity. They are a means for spreading information and promoting bands. In other words, they are precisely for people WITHOUT a fucking clue, so as they may obtain a fucking clue, and then perhaps some records and T-shirts from the editor's favorite bands. Moreover, I challenge you to find someone who has read Isten 100 and would claim to have had a fucking clue beforehand.

Moremoreover, as to whether there's a book or not... The "collector value" of a particular piece is self-assigned. That's why my friend happily traded a rare thrash LP for Riot's "Rock City". If you're not going to sell your old Slayer mags, they may as well be worth a million, and they may as well be worth zero. Sure, the hunt is part of the fun. I'll never deny that. But you must imagine the state of literature, and indeed literacy itself, if Shakespeare, Faulkner, and Nabokov were never anthologized, instead rotting tucked away in the collections of fucking elitist nerds.

In short, to say a Slayer book shouldn't be made is actually to say that Slayer has no value.

Well, as I am getting a bit wasted, and am somewhat limited in expressing my view in english, the Professors` post is most certainly seconded.

Good traders:minge-eater,CR 99,Grief, bmdk666, s.charlach, Mutta, Face Fate Records, Ichor, Ancient_Tyranny, Mz412, Jesus Iglesias, passetiermes
Ichor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomchild wrote:

I really hope and pray to the father satan that this so called "Slayer Book" NEVER gets done

how often do you do that?
Cutterofgums

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichor wrote:
Doomchild wrote:

I really hope and pray to the father satan that this so called "Slayer Book" NEVER gets done

how often do you do that?

Who knows, but it seems he`s not got to much to bug ol` Evil Pop about really.

Good traders:minge-eater,CR 99,Grief, bmdk666, s.charlach, Mutta, Face Fate Records, Ichor, Ancient_Tyranny, Mz412, Jesus Iglesias, passetiermes
sztorm75

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if Slayer Book never show's up, I will scan all Slayer Issues (I have them all...) and put them online for free download, then I will do the same with Isten issues and Davthvs issues...

metal for the people! Twisted Evil
Ichor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sztorm75 wrote:
if Slayer Book never show's up, I will scan all Slayer Issues (I have them all...) and put them online for free download, then I will do the same with Isten issues and Davthvs issues...

Lord Satan won't tolerate such a behavior. You have been warned.
masters_throne

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

= KILL I =
= KILL II =

Last edited by masters_throne on Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cutterofgums

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sztorm75 wrote:

arghhhhhh. Don`t unKVLT the underground this way..........

Reed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very much hoping that this book comes out. I, unlike some people on this board, am a bit younger and wasn't around to collect all of the earlier issues of SLAYER. Although, I've held every one and looked through them all at a friend's house.

To say that it's ridiculous for this book to be made, is like telling Yosuke he's a dick for releasing the Mystifier box set. Get my point?
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, I also am a little younger so I agree.

Stop pretending this is fucking FMP!!! Laughing
benhogg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of us that are older, I can't believe 21 years have passed since I got #5 in the mail. I got #10 years later and that is all I've owned. I would welcome a book because many times I was unaware that new issues were out or I just didn't have the loot, or whatever the reason. Compile all that shit, I'd gladly buy it.
TheUnborn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reed wrote:
I'm very much hoping that this book comes out.

It will come out eventually.
Hopefully it'll be killer!
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sztorm75 wrote:

mp3-zines

lol
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
Evil_Invader

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am for the book 666%.

I'm only 21 so I wasn't around when they got released. I can't afford the issues even if I would love to have the originals. I love reading old zine, it's great source of metal history. If Metalion is for it there's no valuable point to not release it. In my opinion, it's a great idea and an honor for a zine to have a ''book'' treatment.

And your cultness can fuck off. It's not like every wimps out there will buy this book and that SLAYER will instantly become a ''mainstream'' zine or something. And to the collectors, your original copies won't loose their value either. It's like Lp rerelease, in the end everyone wants the first pressing.
Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, I'm 22 and I would really like to have a chance to read this stuff, and a book featuring it, especially if it's done the NWN! way is the ultimate solution for those who are guilty of just being born later than those who were around when this stuff was available. Fuck off nerd collector attitude!
Iscariah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my first Slayer Mag when issue 10 came out and Metalion sent me also for free 8 and 9 back then. I bought most since then but miss some, and of course the earlier issues, so a book would be awesome!!!
Slightly off topic: I would also LOVE to get my hands on some scanned issues of Hammer of Damnation...anyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: