P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Svartrit official webpage
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject: Svartrit official webpage Reply with quote

Just saw this pop up through DTB's FB: http://www.svartrit.net/

There seems to be some interesting things going on between Sir N. and the owner of Ancient records, Svartedöden. From the biography section of the webpage:

Quote:
The band Svartrit was founded by Sir N. and Ramn in 2003. They shared the dark desire to conceive pure Black Metal with Svartrit; and the meaning of their music was to be found in their mutual feelings of negativity as well as their interest in Dark Germanic Heathenism and the chaotic and chthonic forces represented therein.

In 2004 / ­2005, Sir N. and Ramn recorded the first demo for Svartrit: ­ Svarthetens ridå.

Afterwards, the original line-up split up but Sir N. choose to continue with Svartrit. He is the creative mastermind behind this band, who is composing the music and playing all instruments except for the drums.

In 2009, Sir N. decided to record three full-length albums and Svartedöden joined him as lead vocalist and lyricist; together they recorded the albums numbered "I", "II", and "III".

With the conclusion of this first trilogy, Sir N. already wrote four albums of new material. Svartedöden decided to start up a record label, Ancient Records, to release and to promote the music of Svartrit and the related projects of Sir N.

It was agreed between the two of them, that Sir N. would solely focus on his music while Svartedöden is distributing and selling records and uses the money for the studio budget required to record the next albums of Svartrit. In 2013, the drummer of Marduk (Fredrik Widigs) started to record the drums for Svartrit, Grifteskymfning and Grav.

Svartedöden also assumed responsibility for mixing / mastering the upcoming albums of Svartrit, Grifteskymfning and Grav. In this position, he was able to copy and paste drum loops and riff patterns for the use in his own projects which he kept releasing while Sir N. was meticulously working on his albums. Svartedöden increasingly expanded his plagiarism to the records of others too, like the drums Sir C. recorded for Grav. He never gave credit to anyone but carefully veiled the origination process of the music he released as his own projects, pretending it's all recorded by himself.

Hence in 2015, Sir N. decided to part ways with Svartedöden: Neither is he part of the various bands and projects of Sir N. (Svartrit, Grav, Draug, Esh, Helgedom, Grifteskymfning, Reverorum ib malacht, Dödfödd, Vanskapt, Acerbitas, Kaos Sacramentum,Hädanfärd, Ondo etc.) nor will he be permitted to (re-) release any of Sir N.'s records anymore.

Thus spake Sir N., in the words of his own and of no one else.

Drama aside it's interesting to hear that the Marduk drummer has now linked up with these guys.

Check out my sale-thread HERE!
Dalihrob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
Hallucinogen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I hope this gets sorted out, because I wouldn't mind some more sweet ass Hädanfärd songs.
ias

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Svartrit official webpage Reply with quote

bearsbearsbears wrote:
Just saw this pop up through DTB's FB: http://www.svartrit.net/

There seems to be some interesting things going on between Sir N. and the owner of Ancient records, Svartedöden. From the biography section of the webpage:

Quote:
The band Svartrit was founded by Sir N. and Ramn in 2003. They shared the dark desire to conceive pure Black Metal with Svartrit; and the meaning of their music was to be found in their mutual feelings of negativity as well as their interest in Dark Germanic Heathenism and the chaotic and chthonic forces represented therein.

In 2004 / ­2005, Sir N. and Ramn recorded the first demo for Svartrit: ­ Svarthetens ridå.

Afterwards, the original line-up split up but Sir N. choose to continue with Svartrit. He is the creative mastermind behind this band, who is composing the music and playing all instruments except for the drums.

In 2009, Sir N. decided to record three full-length albums and Svartedöden joined him as lead vocalist and lyricist; together they recorded the albums numbered "I", "II", and "III".

With the conclusion of this first trilogy, Sir N. already wrote four albums of new material. Svartedöden decided to start up a record label, Ancient Records, to release and to promote the music of Svartrit and the related projects of Sir N.

It was agreed between the two of them, that Sir N. would solely focus on his music while Svartedöden is distributing and selling records and uses the money for the studio budget required to record the next albums of Svartrit. In 2013, the drummer of Marduk (Fredrik Widigs) started to record the drums for Svartrit, Grifteskymfning and Grav.

Svartedöden also assumed responsibility for mixing / mastering the upcoming albums of Svartrit, Grifteskymfning and Grav. In this position, he was able to copy and paste drum loops and riff patterns for the use in his own projects which he kept releasing while Sir N. was meticulously working on his albums. Svartedöden increasingly expanded his plagiarism to the records of others too, like the drums Sir C. recorded for Grav. He never gave credit to anyone but carefully veiled the origination process of the music he released as his own projects, pretending it's all recorded by himself.

Hence in 2015, Sir N. decided to part ways with Svartedöden: Neither is he part of the various bands and projects of Sir N. (Svartrit, Grav, Draug, Esh, Helgedom, Grifteskymfning, Reverorum ib malacht, Dödfödd, Vanskapt, Acerbitas, Kaos Sacramentum,Hädanfärd, Ondo etc.) nor will he be permitted to (re-) release any of Sir N.'s records anymore.

Thus spake Sir N., in the words of his own and of no one else.

Drama aside it's interesting to hear that the Marduk drummer has now linked up with these guys.

I think the drama is huge, and they shouldn't release the album!!!
abarlum

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guess i'll stop checking ancient records website
Dalen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something seems a bit odd. It's been a few months in between and some records came out.
Graceless Recordings

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drummer from Marduk? Yuck. Fuck Svartrit now.
Dalen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why so? He can't play?
Graceless Recordings

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a boring drummer and Marduk is a poser/sell out band.
Dalen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Marduk a sell-out band? I ain't contrary, I really don't get your point.
Graceless Recordings

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock-stars. It's just my opinion. I'm sure 99% of people on this forum love that garbage but in my OPINION they have been shit since Heaven Shall Burn and even that was a bit polished.
To each their own.
Dalen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to use caps lock, it's your opinion yeah. Too many tough guys gathered.
aphidhair

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, I find this pretty interesting. I've noticed for the last few years that a lot of the Ancient Records projects seemed far more than similar, to the point that I thought they had just re recorded various songs for different projects. Maybe that's true, or maybe there's a bit of the ol' copy/paste going on (jesus, what the fuck have we come to?). Anyway, I'd be curious to hear some side by side examples of this plagiarism or whatever it's supposed to be, because ultimately it doesn't personally add up to much for me. If the work is different enough, who cares? This sounds like projects by both dudes will ultimately suffer though.
aphidhair

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and Summum, whether partly plagiarized (sampled) or not, has been revelatory for me lately.
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I understand the reason to go through so much bullshit? These guys were obviously connected to more than a few competent drummers...

Check out my sale-thread HERE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: