P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Favorite Graveland album/era?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

???
Demos
11%
 11%  [ 21 ]
The Celtic Winter
18%
 18%  [ 34 ]
Carpathian Wolves
14%
 14%  [ 27 ]
Thousand Swords
29%
 29%  [ 55 ]
Following the Voice of Blood
10%
 10%  [ 19 ]
Immortal Pride
5%
 5%  [ 10 ]
Impaler's Wolves
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Creed of Iron
6%
 6%  [ 12 ]
Post 2000
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 187

addison

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blutkvlt wrote:
Stalinorgel wrote:
@UlvhedinGrom:

Do you know if this band is worth checking out?
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Holocaust/21953

Would be interested if somebody that had these recordings could upload them.

I have one tape here that I can dub for those willing to cover the cost of a tape and shipping.
mithrandir

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like just about everything to a certain extent, but Celtic Winter is my all time fav, In the Glare of Burning Churches, Carpathian Wolves, 1000, Following, etc is near as perfect,
Cross of Donar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly off-topic, but I didn't know a self-released/Isengard version existed of Thousand swords: http://www.discogs.com/Graveland-Thousand-Swords/release/454527 Anyone has this? Any difference with the Lethal pressing? For trade?
Mz412

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totaly Different Artwork, Nice Statement for Lethal records, can make fotos but not for Trade Razz

ah, on Discogs are fotos already Wink
StygianVespers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go for "The Celtic Winter" without any regrets although "In the glare of burning churches" is comes very close to being a favourite as well, but its definitely my favourite from the demo-era.
Never really got into his post 2000 stuff though.
blewcheer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Glare... would be so much better if the original version didn't have such shitty-sounding drums, and if the alternate version didn't have the vocals way too loud in the mix.
StygianVespers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blewcheer wrote:
In the Glare... would be so much better if the original version didn't have such shitty-sounding drums, and if the alternate version didn't have the vocals way too loud in the mix.

Alternate version?
The version that I've heard was the original version to my knowledge, but I've never really had a problems with the drums to be honest.
blewcheer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StygianVespers wrote:
blewcheer wrote:

Alternate version?
The version that I've heard was the original version to my knowledge, but I've never really had a problems with the drums to be honest.

There's the version that you'd find on the original 1996 No Colours release, and the version you'd find on the Forever Plagued re-release (I think it's also the version of the Epilogue/Glare CD that No Colours did, but don't quote me on that). Two totally different recordings.
StygianVespers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blewcheer wrote:
StygianVespers wrote:
blewcheer wrote:

Alternate version?

There's the version that you'd find on the original 1996 No Colours release, and the version you'd find on the Forever Plagued re-release (I think it's also the version of the Epilogue/Glare CD that No Colours did, but don't quote me on that). Two totally different recordings.

Hm alright, thanks for letting me know! Greatly appreciated! I'll try and look up the other one just to compare myself.
blewcheer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StygianVespers wrote:
blewcheer wrote:
StygianVespers wrote:
blewcheer wrote:

Alternate version?

Hm alright, thanks for letting me know! Greatly appreciated! I'll try and look up the other one just to compare myself.

What release do you have? I can rip the other for you.
StygianVespers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blewcheer wrote:
StygianVespers wrote:
blewcheer wrote:
StygianVespers wrote:
blewcheer wrote:

Alternate version?

What release do you have? I can rip the other for you.

Sadly I'm not at home as of now, but I can return with more information on that tomorrow. Thanks for offer!
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite Graveland album/era? Reply with quote

rite of destruction wrote:
Which one?

The Celtic Winter is my favorite, but the Lord Wind material may be the best...
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

da666 wrote:
sacrifist wrote:
da666 wrote:

The sound/atmosphere on the original Carpathian Wolves (eternal devils) is amazing, the no colours version i just couldn't get into after being so use to the first version.

What specifically is the difference in sound between the two versions?

I believe it is the bass, in the newer version it was lowered or remixed or something and just simply doesn't have the same atmosphere - from what i gather it was because at the time he hated Karcharoth (we all know that story from Thousand Swords - Following the Voice era).

If you like Carpathian Wolves and only have ever heard the no colours version, i strongly suggest you try to track down the original - it is on a whole different level of greatness (in my opinion).

I also agree with goldenbull that Memory and Destiny is amazing.

can this original version be found on Cassette anywhere? I already have the no colors LP and would enjoy hearing the difference between these two mixes without spending a fortune on something I have already purchased once. hahaha
Frghl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case if someone is interested, I have Carpathian Wolves, Thousand Swords and Following the Voice of Blood Lps for Trade/Sell. All first press.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

da666 wrote:
sacrifist wrote:
da666 wrote:

The sound/atmosphere on the original Carpathian Wolves (eternal devils) is amazing, the no colours version i just couldn't get into after being so use to the first version.

What specifically is the difference in sound between the two versions?

I believe it is the bass, in the newer version it was lowered or remixed or something and just simply doesn't have the same atmosphere - from what i gather it was because at the time he hated Karcharoth (we all know that story from Thousand Swords - Following the Voice era).

It's most certainly the bass! Last week I went and bought the original Eternal Devils CD I was really amazed by the original mix. Sounded like a different album with the bass mixed that high, so much more powerful.

At the pagan samhain night....!

"You can't hide the hook!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: