P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Does keeping a band exclusive to yourself make a difference?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
navght

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
then there's also bands i see a lot of wanna be elitists whoring on youtube and facebook and think to myself "nobody cared about this band x years ago" but i guess whatever the flavor of the week happens to be right?

26,000,000 million bands out there, people get into things when they get into them. That doesn't make their appreciation any less relevant....
Deathcrusher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pathetic.
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathcrusher wrote:
This is pathetic.

mlotek
banned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What ticks off some of us is, when a demo band asks a tiny label or distro to help them, then years later demands that it never be spoken of as if it never existed in their discography.
Plus emails / messages are ignored years later, when they couldn't get enough of the label at the start.

Sure, there will always be some bands starting out that have the attitude that they are too good to be associated with you, which helps weed them out as to what their long term intentions are,
but when a supposed punk-type thrash metal band turns around and act like rock stars, then maybe those cocksuckers ought to be pirated and bootlegged to death so they never make a fucking dime.
I can sympathize with fans who never want their favorite band getting popular.
Plus it drives the prices of releases up! Very Happy
N.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as I've gotten older I've cared alot less about this issue. I remember when I was around 11 or so, I liked Bad Religion, and I had a fake friend who I fucking hated, and he liked Bad Religion as well, so he almost ruined the music for me. But maybe that's a bit different, but anyway when I first got into black metal it was a great feeling, you felt like you were entering something really obscure and hidden from most of the population....now these days I'm not sure with the internet and everything being so easily accessible, but I'm not spending my time worrying about it, whether a once obscure band becomes big, or how many people are listening to it shouldn't really matter if you like their music. I just spin the record, enjoy it and forget everything else.

- E. M. Cioran
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: