P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

WE WILL ALL LAUGH WHEN THEY FINALLY SEE THE GENIUS OF...
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: WE WILL ALL LAUGH WHEN THEY FINALLY SEE THE GENIUS OF... Reply with quote

Right now I see a lot of overhyped nonsense bands selling out of ultralimited runs of worthless plastic. At the same time, a few bands out there are making UNBELIEVABLE metal and escaping the eye of hype.

My candidates for "bands everyone will regret missing out on very soon" are:

1. ARES KINGDOM: It still blows my mind that distros all over the world, including NWN, still have copies of the first press of Return to Dust LP. This band continues to push the boundaries of heavy/black/thrash/death/everytypeofmetalworthashitonearthetc... with zero recognition. I can only imagine what this band's LPs will do on ebay 10 years from now when people actually get a chance to listen to them.

2. SACRIPHYX: Holy shit! I mean, I did not expect to play this random "Lone Pine" 7" and hear a perfected blend of Blue Oyster Cult, Rotting Christ, Bathory and Maiden with a most unique twist! Ever since I first heard this band I listen to their entire discography all in a row multiple times a week. Just a total gem that EVERYONE needs to hear.

3. DROWNED: I only bother to mention this because copies of "Viscera Terrae" demo 12" pop up in every distro on earth still. I assume that is because death metal fans have no idea what they are passing up. While interviews and reviews in zines have suggested that Grave or Repugnant are reference points for Drowned, they are all wrong. Drowned is a watery grave of morbid, horrifying death metal that sounds like noone else.

SO...

What bands continue to go unnoticed that one day will reign among the heroes of extreme metal???
HW

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

?????????????????
Strychnine

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there will be much regret about missing out those bands. See, I think who is ought to know them already know them or will get to know them eventually, in their time. I wouldn't call Ares Kingdom or Drowned unnoticed, just not exactly a mainstream really. And people that go after those "overhyped nonsense bands selling out of ultralimited runs of worthless plastic" are most likely not interested in those less hyped bands. Note that you mentioned bands that are very respectable among the people that are in it for a reasonably long time, and quite serious at it, so to speak. I think it is just simple as that, might be obvious, but oh well.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agreed on Ares Kingdom. Overlooked beyond belief, but then again, how many really even cared about Order From Chaos too?

Incendiary diehard is still available.

"You can't hide the hook!"
holy ghost

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see Necros Christos get a little more recognition on this board
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
I'd like to see Necros Christos get a little more recognition on this board

You, my sexy friend, are hysterically funny. Perhaps I should explain the sign hanging right above my anus. It discusses, in depth, topics that might relate to a young man trying to decide WHETHER TO ENTRY.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should probably explain that the whole objective of this thread is to provoke members into explaining why their favorite current bands deserve a place in the pantheon of the elite...
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nar Mattaru
They just released their first full length, so it may be a bit early to tell, but I feel like they will be overlooked by many while bands like Grave Miasma (a good band, but one that are completely shit on by Nar Mattaru), and their Incantation lovin' ilk continue to get their cocks sucked by the "underground elite". Nar Mattaru take that "occult" and "suffocating" death metal style which is currently popular and they absolutely destroy it. I'd go as far as to say that their debut is better than just about ANY release in that genre, including the classics. They do something that a lot of those bands fail to do while suffocating you with crushing heaviness, write memorable songs. They had a topic here, and it was about 80% me talking about how awesome the band was, but it only got like 2 other replies...which leads me to believe they will be overlooked by everyone outside of their native Chile.

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.

http://www.last.fm/user/carlzilla
ADB

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on Goldenbull!

I'll add Misery's Omen to the list too. Compeletely overlooked considering their excellence!
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woah, I must be on admin's shit list. posts being modded and or dweped all together. anyhow, my last post was actually serious, but as means to please the board I will add a more relevant addition in the form of:

EVILFEAST

might not be bestial enough, but seriously a band that creates incredibly moving atmospheres (IMO!!!) all albums are great!
pentfixion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed about Ares Kingdom, Saw them live last year and wondered why I hadn't heard of them sooner.

Seems like Eternity get overlooked a lot, I think they're one of the best bands to ever come out of Germany. Both of their full-lengths are great and I can't wait for the third to be released... if that ever happens.
Morbid69

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would buy shares in Innsmouth, Demon's Gate and Misery's Omen

As well as Dawnbringer, High Spirits, Superchrist and Pharaoh.

They're gonna boom if anyone has any taste.

Mr_Belvedere wrote:
I rather prefer playing with my girlfriends pussy instead of nerding around in a virtual hell
Ough

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens Creed

that is all
Kojiri

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacriphyx is the most hype-worthy band active today. Brilliant material.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
Cacique

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% Agreed Goldenbull, Ares Kingdom is one of the best bands around

another fine example of very underrated bands are Cult of Daath, Cultes de Ghoules and Axis of Advance IMO

The problem of those bands, is that they are are not "-I-rve Kvl-I-" Black Metal ltd to 2 that make the stupids buy them without question.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: