P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Demo Authenticity
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amon-goethe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngleOffDeeth wrote:
Had a guy sell me a Raio Negro demo I tape. Instead of the Orange pro printed tape, it was just a white shell with the letter A hand written on it. He states this was direct from Cruentus, but I'm obviously skeptical. Can anyone corroborate (or refute) this guy's story?

I had one with the white tape and letter A. Got it from Funeral Maelstrom distro.
excruciation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I got fucked over by the Greek dude who sold me these, but if anyone can give some insight it would be very appreciated.

Astaroth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnus looks dodgy to me. Take a look at this resource:

http://www.demoarchives.com/Bands/Nocturnus-Usa/Nocturnus.asp?mistake=Nocturnus&cntry=Usa

The hand writing doesn't match on 2nd version of their first demo.

Sadus DTP looks like a copy. Take a look at: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sadus-D-T-P-Demo-1986-ORIGINAL-Autopsy-Deicide-Morbid-Angel-Death-Metal/153079016980

If it's the same guy I am thinking of, then I hope he uses a different address for his sake. Anyone in Athens (near Piraeus) send me a PM. I'm happy to camp out near his PO Box.

I've seen a rise in ripoff activity in Greece, especially with DT, lately.
excruciation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astaroth wrote:
Nocturnus looks dodgy to me. Take a look at this resource:

http://www.demoarchives.com/Bands/Nocturnus-Usa/Nocturnus.asp?mistake=Nocturnus&cntry=Usa

The hand writing doesn't match on 2nd version of their first demo.

Sadus DTP looks like a copy. Take a look at: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sadus-D-T-P-Demo-1986-ORIGINAL-Autopsy-Deicide-Morbid-Angel-Death-Metal/153079016980

If it's the same guy I am thinking of, then I hope he uses a different address for his sake. Anyone in Athens (near Piraeus) send me a PM. I'm happy to camp out near his PO Box.

I've seen a rise in ripoff activity in Greece, especially with DT, lately.

Itís most likely the guy youíre thinking of. Iíll PM you his email and P.O. Box info. I tried to get my money back but I couldnít prove they were fake to PayPal, so Iím just shit out of luck. Heís a total dick head too.
crystalspeed

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty sure those are bootlegs, same guy (i think) tried to sell me some tapes weeks ago but he refused to send me pics, I hope you didnīt paid that much
Mysticus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you did not paid more than 2-3Ä per one cassette since they are ALL dubs.
excruciation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea he said they were legit and OG, he was selling lots of other stuff so I fell for it. As soon as I got them I knew they were bootlegs. I asked him for my money back and he refused. Avoid him at all costs.

Wizardgtr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excruciation wrote:
Yea he said they were legit and OG, he was selling lots of other stuff so I fell for it. As soon as I got them I knew they were bootlegs. I asked him for my money back and he refused. Avoid him at all costs.

Laughing Laughing

That's Spyris Oikonomides aka Vinylterror/Paragonazazel (https://www.discogs.com/user/Paragonazazel)

I can't believe that people still buying stuff from him. He's a well known bootlegger for like 10 years...

Didn't you ask for pictures before paying? It should be very clear that these are 100% fakes to anyone longer than 5 minutes into demo collecting!
Wizardgtr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excruciation wrote:
Astaroth wrote:

Itís most likely the guy youíre thinking of. Iíll PM you his email and P.O. Box info. I tried to get my money back but I couldnít prove they were fake to PayPal, so Iím just shit out of luck. Heís a total dick head too.

Show paypal the numerous pages that proof him as a rip off and scammer that sells bootlegs. A quick google search will show you a lot of cases where he sold bootlegs to other people in the past. Maybe that works to get you money back.
Astaroth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that's him. He uses different variations of his surname and sends emails from multiple accounts.

He's been using that same PO Box for a while now too.

Claims to be a serious collector since 1985 Laughing

AVOID :: AVOID :: AVOID

vinylterror777@hotmail.com

S.Oikonomidis
P.O.box 80518
18510 Piraeus
Greece

AVOID :: AVOID :: AVOID
manes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnage, Nocturnus, Tormentor and Grave are all bootlegs. But, given the fact that we now know who the seller is, I can tell you that all of them are bootlegs. I really hope you will get your money back somehow, even if I doubt it.
It's unbelievable that this guy keeps selling bootlegs for up to 200 300 euros and I know this story regarding a Dutch dumbass who sold the original Darkthrone demos with handwriting plus an original Ildjarn demo with Vidar's handwriting for 45 euros each. No words!
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow those are some half assed bootlegs! The LNN tapes are so obvious.

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

amon-goethe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Wlad was bummed that he apparently had to dub over his Ella Fitzgerald and other jazz cassettes to supply the Greek market with demos back in the 90s.
K.D.S.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizardgtr wrote:
excruciation wrote:
Astaroth wrote:

Show paypal the numerous pages that proof him as a rip off and scammer that sells bootlegs. A quick google search will show you a lot of cases where he sold bootlegs to other people in the past. Maybe that works to get you money back.

The one time some asshole filed a claim due to not having received his order I did the exact same thing after finding out he was a notorious rip-off (who, as it turned out, was also involved in credit card fraud and stolen cars). PayPal actually decided in my favor after I provided evidence. Fortunately it was only some US$ 12 CD but if no one bothers to revert a small claim they'll just scam another guy, and another guy, and another ad infinitum.
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amon-goethe wrote:
I'm sure Wlad was bummed that he apparently had to dub over his Ella Fitzgerald and other jazz cassettes to supply the Greek market with demos back in the 90s.

Laughing Keen observation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68
Page 68 of 68

Jump to: