P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Demo Authenticity
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
little_raven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scorn Pole wrote:

When a label sends X amount of a limited cassette release to another distro or label is it common to only send the numbered J-cards and let the label dub on to whatever cassettes they happen to be using?

Trading pro covers is a common practice, indeed. Otherwise, postage would make it impossible to sell releases from the other side of the world for 3-4 €
Freelance Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seed_stock wrote:
GBK goat tape is going to be tough to authenticate as there are no markings and no specific tapes that were used, every copy I've seen has been on a different brand tape.

Also who knows if the band made copies of copies as they pressed up more to be spread.

I would say 2 things could help: 1. If the cassette was a brand that was available in the USA in the 90s. 2. Figure where the tape originated from or buy from someone who was around during the time of release.

Yeah, i did some research on this tape. Looks like it was available in the US starting in 1988 so it very well could be the real deal.
Scorn Pole

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

little_raven wrote:
Trading pro covers is a common practice, indeed. Otherwise, postage would make it impossible to sell releases from the other side of the world for 3-4 €

Yeah I figured that would probably be the reason, thanks.
TotalKhaos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Authentic? No label on tape

CR99

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks oddly blueish and a bit pixelated, might just be because of the lighting/camera. Hard to say for sure without any background info and all, but I think I saw the same tape on a copy Neseblod was selling. If that means anything.
TotalKhaos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
Looks oddly blueish and a bit pixelated, might just be because of the lighting/camera. Hard to say for sure without any background info and all, but I think I saw the same tape on a copy Neseblod was selling. If that means anything.

I don't know what Nesbled is. And my phone just takes shitty pictures. The tape is grey and the paper is off white (but it looks like off white due to age). Thanks.
CR99

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TotalKhaos wrote:
CR99 wrote:

I don't know what Nesbled is. And my phone just takes shitty pictures. The tape is grey and the paper is off white (but it looks like off white due to age). Thanks.

Norwegian record store that had some old demo collections from Maniac, Fenriz, Metalion, some old Helvete stuff and so on for sale/trade.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TotalKhaos wrote:

You can compare it to my copy I posted on IG. My copy is 100% authentic since it was sent to R. Forster by the band.

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

TotalKhaos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
TotalKhaos wrote:

You can compare it to my copy I posted on IG. My copy is 100% authentic since it was sent to R. Forster by the band.

Link? I know this cassette doesn't look like the tape in the pics on discogs. But, it's discogs.
Wizardgtr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TotalKhaos wrote:

I highly doubt that it‘s an original...

With this old demos it‘s all about the source/seller. It‘s very easy to fake this kind of demos. You can buy this scotch cassettes for a few euros on ebay go to the copy shop around the corner and you have your ‚original kvlt demo‘...

When buying old demos always look for the source, the cassette brand (does the brand fits the time the tape was released), handwritten labels, age of paper and quality of the cover (normally xeroxed cover have a lower quality than the originals)...

P.S. the one on the NWN Instagram page can‘t be a first press from 1990. The cassette on the picture (TDK D90) was not manufactured before ~2000. If it‘s directly from the band it‘s a later version or the original cassette was later replaced by a new one. So it‘s maybe not the best one to compare in this case...
demogorgo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, here's my copies of the GBK stuff.

I got them in the early early 2000's. I'm not sure if it was before or after Judeobeast dropped.

Goat is questionable, this tape really got around with tape traders. But I got this 15+ years ago.

"Witness" might have come directly from the band, but I just can't remember for sure. I think GBK just kept selling dubs of their old tapes until they finally got another label in 2001.

Triumph of the Hordes is definitely real, someone can feel free to take it from my cold dead hands.

demogorgo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and an Arghoslent CDR from the same time period.

I -think- I ordered this from the band.

PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TotalKhaos wrote:

I was about to say this looks legit - then I tjekked my own copy and.... It looks a bit too black. I dont know man - mine has lots of white lines and stuff on the cover (could be from a messed up cover - that then was copied?). Anyway - my tape is BASF ferro extra 1 60 min and got from Uncle Underground back in the day.
CR99

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the tape of my Abruptum copy, with band name stamp on A side. It also includes some other old Abruptum recordings on it as bonus.
mecha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone post an authentic Impaled Nazarene - Taog Eht Fo Htao tape? Mine is on white tape with black marker hand-numbering ... and I have seen those with a Sony HF 90 tape ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 63 of 65

Jump to: