P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Nails/Full of Hell/Godshate/Eternal Sleep Tour June 2016
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metalheadjoe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Nails/Full of Hell/Godshate/Eternal Sleep Tour June 2016 Reply with quote

Anyone here go to any of the dates for this show, or planning on it? Apart from the crowd, it was one of the best shows I've seen in a while. Nails was intense and their stage presence was actually pretty similar to Dying Fetus in the way that they didn't do anything too crazy on stage but got the crowd very.... violent. As for Full of Hell, it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. The vocalist, Dylan Walker, is an absolute maniac on stage and his vocals were fantastic live. Their set was excellent, and even better than the first time I saw them partly due to the fact that this time Dylan was using a harsh noise generator instead of the band just using feedback from their instruments for the noise parts of the song.

http://blackmetalyesteryear.blogspot.com/
Evilman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Full of Hell with The Body recently, what a date.

Full of Hell destroyed the whole place with sonic bombs, clearly not a set you'd go to get crazy in the pit, but this was musically intense. Got a nailed drumstick from David, I had to ask him something for such a performance, i've never been so amazed by a drummer on stage, he was incredible.
metalheadjoe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilman wrote:
I saw Full of Hell with The Body recently, what a date.

Full of Hell destroyed the whole place with sonic bombs, clearly not a set you'd go to get crazy in the pit, but this was musically intense. Got a nailed drumstick from David, I had to ask him something for such a performance, i've never been so amazed by a drummer on stage, he was incredible.

That's awesome. Did The Body and Full of Hell collaborate on any tracks?

Evilman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately no, everyone was waiting for this to happen considering their recent collaboration, but they played both separate sets. Maybe they'll do something on stage in the future, but I don't think they did for now. They also played at Roadburn this year, both separate sets too. Confused

The Body was great too, very intense performance. I don't know how they manage to play without any ear-protection, the sound was SO loud and agressive (Full of Hell members didn't had any too), i barely use protections myself but i really needed some for this specific show.
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full of Hell always slay live.Nails are great too.

As for the FoH/The Body collab, they'll be doing a collab set on their upcoming tour together.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Face melting bat cum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got some old friends in Eternal Sleep, get prepared to do some karate.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the Toronto date as I'm on vacation, but I'm not a huge Nails fan at all. Full of Hell are great live though.
metalheadjoe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilman wrote:
The Body was great too, very intense performance. I don't know how they manage to play without any ear-protection, the sound was SO loud and agressive (Full of Hell members didn't had any too), i barely use protections myself but i really needed some for this specific show.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know how they do it, especially when Full of Hell does the harsh noise parts of their set.

Face melting bat cum wrote:
Got some old friends in Eternal Sleep, get prepared to do some karate.

Yeah, the whole show was some of the worst karate and crowdkilling I've seen haha. A bunch of fucking 20 year olds in football jerseys and gym shorts flailing their arms, what a stupid scene. Still worth going of course.

hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked out the Full Of Hell/Merzbow split and that is one of the coolest things I've heard in a long time.
la_ciudad_podrida

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalheadjoe wrote:
A bunch of fucking 20 year olds in football jerseys and gym shorts flailing their arms, what a stupid scene.

I don't really see whats wrong with this
metalheadjoe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

la_ciudad_podrida wrote:
metalheadjoe wrote:
A bunch of fucking 20 year olds in football jerseys and gym shorts flailing their arms, what a stupid scene.

I just think the karate and crowdkilling makes the show less fun. I'd rather be moshing, but then again this is a hardcore show so I expected it. When it's at a death metal show it's a problem.

la_ciudad_podrida

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalheadjoe wrote:
la_ciudad_podrida wrote:
metalheadjoe wrote:

I just think the karate and crowdkilling makes the show less fun. I'd rather be moshing, but then again this is a hardcore show so I expected it. When it's at a death metal show it's a problem.

I agree the over the top crowdkilling thing is annoying/in a way disrespectful. To some extent its okay but nothing worse then spending an entire set covering your head and not focusing on the band.
metalheadjoe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

la_ciudad_podrida wrote:
metalheadjoe wrote:
la_ciudad_podrida wrote:
metalheadjoe wrote:

I agree the over the top crowdkilling thing is annoying/in a way disrespectful. To some extent its okay but nothing worse then spending an entire set covering your head and not focusing on the band.

Yeah this show was the worst crowdkilling I've seen. It was basically a bunch of people beating the shit out of each other at parts (especially during Nails). All out aiming elbows at people's faces, kicking people, and all. Of course, didn't stop me from staying in the front, even though I got hit a lot haha.

Apostle of Plague

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

la_ciudad_podrida wrote:
metalheadjoe wrote:

when next after next class of clueless dickheads discover metal via bands/gigs like these and start going to any and all metal gigs thinking this is what it's about and turn every show into a display of utter idiocy. then they go on to start their own shitty, vapid bands that bring out more shitty, vapid people, and next thing you know all the previously metal-friendly bars/clubs in your area stop booking gigs because no one trying to run a business wants to hear or deal with that fucking bullshit every week.
la_ciudad_podrida

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apostle of Plague wrote:
la_ciudad_podrida wrote:
metalheadjoe wrote:

when next after next class of clueless dickheads discover metal via bands/gigs like these start going to any and all metal gigs thinking this is what it's about and turn every show into a display of utter idiocy. then they go on to start their own shitty, vapid bands that bring out more shitty, vapid people, and next thing you know all the previously metal-friendly bars/clubs in your area stop booking gigs because no one trying to run a business wants to hear or deal with that fucking bullshit every week.

You are from new york right? because I imagine things are probably a lot different where I am than where you are. All I'll say is that doenst really seem like a problem where I live.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: