P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Profanatica vs Havohej
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Profanatica or Havohej?
Profanatica
76%
 76%  [ 85 ]
Havohej
23%
 23%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 111

BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EARLGREYTEA wrote:
astralvesl wrote:
EARLGREYTEA wrote:
Really tried to get into both of these bands but I never did ... a big "meh" in my book.
Also, saw Profanatica live a couple years ago and I was not impressed - always thought those Nun Habits that they wear looked corny...

Was it the show in NJ where Paul yelled at the guitarist and made him restart two of the songs before beating his drums with a crucifix and storming off the stage 20-25 minutes into their set? 'Cause yea, I wasn't impressed either.

You are so right!
That show was Dingbatz in Clifton and it was so dissapointing ...

The sound board / mixer blew up during the early part of the show. They had to rig up some other concoction just to finish the show. We didn't have any vocals during our set because of this, nor a monitor mix or mic'd guitars / drums!! Profanatica had shit / awful sound due to the same reasons (no fucking PA mixer!!!). It was terrible and not their fault. Almost the exact same problems they had in Texas a year before, which was also not their fault. Blown mixer / PA problems with that one also. Almost eerily similar.

They were way better a year or so later with Nightbringer and Krieg. No sound problems. Paul on drums the way it should be. They killed it. Maybe the forces of darkness would not allow Profanatica to play unless Paul was on drums? Exclamation
multicide

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Profanatica. Dethrone is just Profanatica stuff though I really do dig his latest experimental outings (which I guess is the whole purpose of Havohej to begin with).
Saltrubbed Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy Dethrone' the most out of both bands albums, so Havohej.
astralvesl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS wrote:
EARLGREYTEA wrote:
astralvesl wrote:
EARLGREYTEA wrote:
Really tried to get into both of these bands but I never did ... a big "meh" in my book.
Also, saw Profanatica live a couple years ago and I was not impressed - always thought those Nun Habits that they wear looked corny...

Was it the show in NJ where Paul yelled at the guitarist and made him restart two of the songs before beating his drums with a crucifix and storming off the stage 20-25 minutes into their set? 'Cause yea, I wasn't impressed either.

You are so right!

The sound board / mixer blew up during the early part of the show. They had to rig up some other concoction just to finish the show. We didn't have any vocals during our set because of this, nor a monitor mix or mic'd guitars / drums!! Profanatica had shit / awful sound due to the same reasons (no fucking PA mixer!!!). It was terrible and not their fault. Almost the exact same problems they had in Texas a year before, which was also not their fault. Blown mixer / PA problems with that one also. Almost eerily similar.

They were way better a year or so later with Nightbringer and Krieg. No sound problems. Paul on drums the way it should be. They killed it. Maybe the forces of darkness would not allow Profanatica to play unless Paul was on drums? Exclamation

Yea I was at both but I'm referring to the Nightbringer and Krieg show. Paul was on drums, looked pissed after making the guitarist restart one of their songs, banged some shit around, knocked over some drums and stormed off stage after playing for about 20-25 minutes while the rest of the members finished the song then looked around and walked off. If I recall correctly, they then retook the stage and played for about 2 minutes before leaving again. Nightbringer ended up playing last and the vocalist kept complaining about no vocals in the monitors.
Primitive

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is a thought provoking thread... hard choice. I love the sound of profanatica but some of havohej's stuff has thistotal original eerie shit that I really can't compare to anything else...can't decide, sorry. Wasn't some early havohej stuff rereleased on a profanatica comp? Or maybe the other way around. I'm so wetbrained
eighthplague

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dethrone the Son of God is fucking horrible compared to the Profanatica material. Actually it's boring regardless. Man and Jinn was the best Havohej to me, but the worst Profanatica stuff (aka anything post-Broken Jew) is at least as good as the best Havohej material.
BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralvesl wrote:
BENEDICTINE PALPITATIONS wrote:
EARLGREYTEA wrote:
astralvesl wrote:
EARLGREYTEA wrote:

You are so right!

Yea I was at both but I'm referring to the Nightbringer and Krieg show. Paul was on drums, looked pissed after making the guitarist restart one of their songs, banged some shit around, knocked over some drums and stormed off stage after playing for about 20-25 minutes while the rest of the members finished the song then looked around and walked off. If I recall correctly, they then retook the stage and played for about 2 minutes before leaving again. Nightbringer ended up playing last and the vocalist kept complaining about no vocals in the monitors.

Oh really? Fuck, I must have missed that or been looking at something or not paying attention. My memory is a little hazy that night. I thought they at least sounded better than the last two times I saw them.
Sacrilege

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though both are excellent bands I've always been strongly into all kinds of experimental black metal stuff, so I definitely have to give my vote for Havohej.
wasteland

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, they both kill. I do enjoy Profanatica on a more consistent basis, so I picked them.

morg wrote:
Fuck is end!
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Profanatica, easily. I love everything they have released.
NN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Both are fucking amazing but I voted for Havohej.

COVERED IN BLACK SHIT

Exactly.
Bekaus the HEJ is mor conceptually taxing and abrasiv...it's far mor dislikeable.
which is good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: