P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Kvlting in Switzerland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morbidroot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Kvlting in Switzerland Reply with quote

Did not found topic for Switzerland even not in the "listing topic" so...
I'm heading to Switzerland for Chaos Ritval festival(Angel Witch etc.) and also going to see Saxon/Raven gig so any good record stores/distros around Basel or Zurich? Places to check out also welcome to this topic. One of the main reasons for this trip is also to visit H.R. Giger museum so that is already confirmed.
little_raven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this Zurich thread, will add it to the list:

http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=760030&sid=9efc40b3487b200370f214cc59c15d56

Any info on other cities will be appreciated, I'll be visiting there around mid November.
FactaLoquuntur

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outsider Metal Shop in Olten has a huge load of Black / Death / Thrash Metal LPs and CDs, but it's Switzerland, it will be expensive. They also have a big second hand section with rare gems. Found a Nokturnal Mortum - Lunar Poetry LP there for ~25€.
Endsieg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FactaLoquuntur wrote:
Outsider Metal Shop in Olten has a huge load of Black / Death / Thrash Metal LPs and CDs, but it's Switzerland, it will be expensive. They also have a big second hand section with rare gems. Found a Nokturnal Mortum - Lunar Poetry LP there for ~25€.

he recently got in a bunch of old black metal vinyl. Judas Iscariot first presses, Dark Throne test press, paysage d'hiver etc. but the prices are really over the top.
Numerator41

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going to Gruyeres for the Giger museum, Lausanne is roughly an hour away and has the Collection de l'Art Brut which is full of outsider art from a wide range of strange individuals. If you're into castles, the Giger museum had a two for one deal when I was there where you also got a ticket to the castle in the town. Chillon Castle is also nearby.

Vallorbe Caves are fairly close as well, I think.
AngelBlake

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go hiking in Lauterbrunnen
VoKu HiLa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there are two Giger museums, which one are you visiting?

Asking because I have not been yet and don´t want to go to one that is closed (if that is the case).
fappen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is/was as a cool record shop in Baden named Zero Zero, had a really large metal selection from what I remember. This was five years ago, so I'm not sure if it's any good according to the locals.

And as others have said, it's Switzerland so expect to pay a heap for whatever you buy.

I did my best to speak to them in a mangled hybrid of Swiss German and regular German, they realised I was a foreigner and started speaking in English no problem at all after we laughed it off.
HvS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VoKu HiLa wrote:
I think there are two Giger museums, which one are you visiting?

Asking because I have not been yet and don´t want to go to one that is closed (if that is the case).
Actually there is only one museum (in Gruyères - incl. a bar). However there is another Giger bar in Chur.
Endsieg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fappen wrote:
There is/was as a cool record shop in Baden named Zero Zero, had a really large metal selection from what I remember. This was five years ago, so I'm not sure if it's any good according to the locals.

been there a few times and always leave thinking "I'm not going there again." since the owner (?) is proper twat. Haven't found anything either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: