P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

MAYHEM gigs 88-91 + other question on DMDS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Astaroth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EdgeOfDamnation wrote:
There was i think 15 photos from this session.I got them originally from a guy called Robert Turazick (or something similar) in 95.Its his mate in the picture.They were passed to Morgan Hakansson then i guess he gave em to the guy who pressed the split CD cos that appeared a little later. At a guess it was the guy from Wrong Again Records who made that Mayhem/Darkthrone split CD, he also did the first Dawn Of THe Black Hearts picture disc.
Old Mayhem stories still rule.That gig in Singapore ofcourse never happened .Euro had some huge ideas, including also buying vinyl pressing equipment from Russia so they could make their own records.
When i got those photos there was 8 bad photocopies from the Dead suicide aswell.
There is still hundreds of old unseen Mayhem picures.Some old unseen footage,A couple of Lego videos and maybe some rehearsal tapes. Necrobutcher has stuff that Nesseblod would kill for.

Very interesting.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, a book about old Mayhem without all the sensationalist hype bullshit would be amazing.

Speaking of that shit, I had a truck driver at work today ask me about the Swedish band who killed their singer and ate his brain. Not that I have to say this to you guys, but that sort of thing is exactly why the sensationalism needs to be left out of the conversation when it comes to this, one of the most important bands in metal history. It becomes a caricature for dickfaces to giggle about.
csehszlovakze

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haunt In The Dark wrote:
deadskin wrote:

Someone should write q book about mayhem and release it ilustrated with all those cult photos.

Not "someone" but Metalion or a person close to the band so we don't get another useless piece of crap book that's not accurate, too romanticised and uselessly lurid.

Exclamation

my shitty metal blog
EdgeOfDamnation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a book was an idea several years ago.Ive got hours of audio/video interview with Necrobutcher,it includes all the relevent stuff,a ton of stories regarding mayhem that have never been told to anyone. However putting into a biography form proves to be a lot harder than actually getting the info,which was no problem at all.And as for the unseen stuff, it really does have to be seen to be believed.He has kept everything from the original Deathcrush layout,every rehearsal tape,the original video master tapes etc etc. He also still has around 30 copies of Slayer issue 3/4 in mint condition. Theres photos of Euro at school,getting his confirmation aged about 14 and so much more. For every killer photo out there you can be sure theres a full reel from that session.The rehearsal room you see on the old video is still standing aswell,complete with egg cartons on the wall,Deads scrawlings and even old cans and ashtrays etc.
As for a book. If it one days appears you can be sure it with crush everything.
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask Metalion about doing it. I almost want to suggest starting a Kickstarter about it but I don't trust that shit, haha.
Warren_Schofield

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by Warren_Schofield on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Bach

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EdgeOfDamnation wrote:
There was i think 15 photos from this session.I got them originally from a guy called Robert Turazick (or something similar) in 95.Its his mate in the picture.They were passed to Morgan Hakansson then i guess he gave em to the guy who pressed the split CD cos that appeared a little later. At a guess it was the guy from Wrong Again Records who made that Mayhem/Darkthrone split CD, he also did the first Dawn Of THe Black Hearts picture disc.
Old Mayhem stories still rule.That gig in Singapore ofcourse never happened .Euro had some huge ideas, including also buying vinyl pressing equipment from Russia so they could make their own records.
When i got those photos there was 8 bad photocopies from the Dead suicide aswell.
There is still hundreds of old unseen Mayhem picures.Some old unseen footage,A couple of Lego videos and maybe some rehearsal tapes. Necrobutcher has stuff that Nesseblod would kill for.

I have these photocopied pics, as well. I think they're from Morgan - very bad quality. I think it's two or three sheets of paper. I also have a few original photos of Euronymous, Dead, and one other...
Bach

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by Bach on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Warren_Schofield

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by Warren_Schofield on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Warren_Schofield

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

delete

Last edited by Warren_Schofield on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren_Schofield wrote:

indeed.

Not something I'd be owning up to.

Last edited by Weltering in Blood on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Warren_Schofield

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by Warren_Schofield on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Bach

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by Bach on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Warren_Schofield

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by Warren_Schofield on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Weltbrand

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pic is awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 18 of 30

Jump to: