P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

NIDROSIAN BLACK MASS IV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomapple

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did anyone pick up a Celestial Bloodshed album at the release show? Terratur's soundcloud says it officially released on Feb 6th... What's it like?
Cursed Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The performance of Vemod is all I can think of right now, it was just magnificent.
Apart from Horna and Urfaust all other bands delivered a solid performance.
The_Elite

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great fest- most importantly well run, great sound, good organisation, good venue- good work Ole and crew (especially the stage crew who just got shit done). Can't say I had any problems in the neighborhood walking the half hour back to the hotel at all.

Sortilegia- can't say they did too much for me
Teitanfyre- hadn't heard them before, solid poweful set
Sargeist- was looking forward to seeing them and they didn't disappoint
One Tail One Head- probably the Nidrosian band I listen to least on record, but live they are a punk rock machine.
Cult Of Fire- good solid performance
Svartidaudi- very focused and hypnotic
Pseudogod- brutal
Horna- I am a massive fan, have all of their releases, and having seen them with Spellgoth before was looking forward to great things... well lets just call it a mess... and leave it at that!
Mare/ Black Majesty- performance of the weekend. Incredible atmosphere, incredible performance.
Hetroertzen- stage performance aside, I find their songs lacking focus.
Urfaust- first time seeing them and they didn't disappoint
Behexen- really great show, good mix of material
MGLA- wow was dubious about them translating to the live environment (haven't bothered watching any youtube clips) they were immense
Black Witchery- not intot hem on record but they have always put in a strong live show
Vemod- again wow!!! found the album to be good but nothing special, but the live show was something special indeed.

Also randomly bumped into Kirby from Length Of Time who I have not seen in something like 13 years- turns out he runs that Elektrocution records in Brussels!
Wolfram

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As to be expected; killer festival. Best location in sound, light and atmosphere for Black Metal gigs that I can imagine.

A short report: The best band of thursday was One Tail One Head imo. Sortilegia was kind of sloppy, Teitanfyre and Sargeist aren't my cup of tea really. OTOH gets better every time I see them.. Raging and crazy without being really chaotic.

On friday the Satanic Klukluxklan of Cult of Fire's appearance was more interesting than the actual music to me. Svartedaudi was fairly solid and Hail Horna for showing penis on stage, though the concert was really messy. Mare was excellent, great atmosphere with just the candles on stage. Visiting the Brussels Absintebar afterwards was a success too, even if changed my opinion on that the morning after. Worst hangover in ages.

I considered saturday the most interesting musically: Hetroertzen was the discovery of the festival to me. Really unique band with equally great music and stage appearance. This band will surely get a lot of attention and recognition in the future.
Urfaust, some songs came out better than others but they're still unique in their own way. The sound wasn't always the best, but the vocals came out excellent. Maybe at some moments the drummer was a bit too sober though. Behexen turned out a lot better than expected. Hadn't follow them for a while but they sound less Finnish and more 'Orthodox/religious BM' nowadays. Good improvement on the singin too, more low and dark instead of the typical Finnish shrieks.
MGLA was one of the best bands of the fest: KILLER sound, really powerfull, excellent performance and the masks looked great. Impressive band!
Like in Berlin I was slightly disappointed by Black Witchery. Their typical sound did not really come through in this hall and seemed more suitable to the other bands. Also quite some mistakes again, which is understandable considering the fact that they hadn't slept in 4 days Laughing
Still a totally aggressive and fucked up warmachine on stage.
I didn't understand why VEMOD closed the fest, but I guess the organisers had their reasons. Well performed and good trancelike atmosphere, but to me more suitable to listen at home.

Nothing but compliments to the sound and light people and of course the organisers. Cool to meet many old and new contacts (also from this forum) and thanks to everybody who bought records from me at the New Era prod. stall!

Looking forward to the next edition!
terror_mit_uns

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vemod won.
Amor Fati

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ecstatic_Horror wrote:
asmael LeBouc wrote:

Also MARE's MLP and 7" got repressed as a LP. I think that "new" LP was gone by Saturday.

Guess people who could not attend missed out on that. DAMN

No, he had just 100 copies of the entire press for sale at the fest, the rest will be sold regularly within the next days.

www.amorfatiproductions.bandcamp.com

Last edited by Amor Fati on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which label is doing that LP re-press? I would like to stock it in the USA
Amor Fati

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen_Empire wrote:

Terratur did it!

www.amorfatiproductions.bandcamp.com
Descension

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen_Empire wrote:

Exclamation
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amor Fati wrote:
Fallen_Empire wrote:

Terratur did it!

Shoulda guessed, heh. Shot him another mail. Those VEMOD tapes and some other stuff from him will be in stock by the end of the month, I think.
Doom-Mantia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaking of Black Witchery, did they play some very old songs (pre-Desecration lp) at this show? i wasn't there but was watching a youtube video today and i totally didn't recognize the song other than it was not off an lp, it had the sound of their early stuff like Summoning of Infernal Legions. im a huge fan but i hardly ever listen to the pre-Desecration stuff, but some of that music has more of a 2nd wave sound at times IMO instead of their trademark chaotic black/death sound. correct me if i'm wrong, ive seen them 4 times and theyve always played about the same setlist so was surprised to hear it.

looks like this was an amazing fest from what ive seen, would have loved going to it if it wasn't so far off my radar after doing NWN fest. await more pics/stories soon
Ecstatic_Horror

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Descension wrote:
Fallen_Empire wrote:

Exclamation

Excellent news.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doom-Mantia wrote:
speaking of Black Witchery, did they play some very old songs (pre-Desecration lp) at this show? i wasn't there but was watching a youtube video today and i totally didn't recognize the song other than it was not off an lp, it had the sound of their early stuff like Summoning of Infernal Legions. im a huge fan but i hardly ever listen to the pre-Desecration stuff, but some of that music has more of a 2nd wave sound at times IMO instead of their trademark chaotic black/death sound. correct me if i'm wrong, ive seen them 4 times and theyve always played about the same setlist so was surprised to hear it.

looks like this was an amazing fest from what ive seen, would have loved going to it if it wasn't so far off my radar after doing NWN fest. await more pics/stories soon

Saw that video myself now. That video has the song Destruction of the Holy Kingdom Which Spawned the Cursed Trinity of God! Pleasant suprise...

"You can't hide the hook!"
Doom-Mantia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks! i couldn't really tell and didn't want to cycle through old stuff to find out. funny but i heard Vaz talking to some people at NWN fest III about old black witchery songs and them being rawer, etc. perhaps they decided to bust a few out and thought it fit better with the style of bm at this fest. i thought it sounded good with Impurath's deeper vocals nowadays, i prefer them than the older higher ones.
Abgrund

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ole asked Black Witchery to play a old song so they did.

All in all the Nidrosian Black Mass was a great festival. My favourite performances were from Mare, Vemod and Sortilegia. All three bands created a really strong and mesmerizing atmosphere on stage.
OTOH, Pseudogod, Mgla and Svartidaudi were also crushing on stage.

Thanks to all the people who make this event so special! And Hail to Blutkvlt, hehe!

And a big Fuck Off to the drunken people who started to mosh at the Mare performance! Next time you should stay at home if you don't know your limits!

Here some amateurish photos:

SORTILEGIA

CULT OF FIRE

SVARTIDAUDI

PSEUDOGOD

HORNA

HETROERTZEN

VEMOD

MARE/BLACK MAJESTY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 27 of 40

Jump to: