P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Collections #3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 542, 543, 544  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DSS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see "unusual" collections.
DSS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My small "The Rack" collection. And yes I have other Apshyx albums in my collection. This is the best Death Metal album ever recorded! Yosuke says it's "Mortal Throne of Nazarene" but opinions differ. However in this case we both win!!

DSS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuiSlayer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:

This one looks great indeed!
Final Holocaust

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:
My small "The Rack" collection. And yes I have other Apshyx albums in my collection. This is the best Death Metal album ever recorded! Yosuke says it's "Mortal Throne of Nazarene" but opinions differ. However in this case we both win!!

My pick would be Dawn of Possession or what do I know, but awesome album nonetheless - great teenage memories being haunted by one of my favourite intros and such corrosive production, raw as fuck for my untrained ears. Just blasted the fucker today hitting the gym, it's been on my vinyl wantlist for quite a long time, would be sweet to hear to the real deal getting the AOD treatment or any decent rip, since I've been told the CD sound doesn't hold a candle in comparison...
axebix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing collection. The Rack is a cool album but I hate the guitar sound. Also Drunen sounded better when he sang in Pestilence with deeper voice. I can understand the aura of desperation that he might wanted to achieve but I don't know. Still one of the best intros and the title track is so fuckung amazing. PAIN!

Embrace the Death is my favourite Asphyx.
Final Holocaust

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

axebix wrote:
Amazing collection. The Rack is a cool album but I hate the guitar sound. Also Drunen sounded better when he sang in Pestilence with deeper voice. I can understand the aura of desperation that he might wanted to achieve but I don't know. Still one of the best intros and the title track is so fuckung amazing. PAIN!

I agree on the EtD sentiment and MvD's voice being much better with Pestilence, yet still great with Asphyx... but I profoundly disagree with that remark on the guitar sound, I was just thinking the opposite today - also, the title track is my least favourite on the album along with "Evocation", but both are still great tunes.

BTW - Asphyx's s/t and On the Wings... get the most listens here as of now.
axebix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Holocaust wrote:
axebix wrote:

I agree on the EtD sentiment and MvD's voice being much better with Pestilence, yet still great with Asphyx... but I profoundly disagree with that remark on the guitar sound, I was just thinking the opposite today - also, the title track is my least favourite on the album along with "Evocation", but both are still great tunes.

BTW - Asphyx's s/t and On the Wings... get the most listens here as of now.

Haha well fuck it! I think all the other songs sounded waaaay better on EtD, so there's no way of them competing with the title track. I'm a sucker for that outro. About guitar sound, actually Last One on Earth is the worst. I just don't like that hyper distorted shrill sound, figured out a tone like that of Delirium or Bolt Thrower or Obituary would make those albums better.

On the Wings... is awesome, I had no idea it wasn't Drunen who's singing back then. Oh, the joy when I discovered Pentacle! Never really understood why Wanens went on to sound so close to Drunen, but I don't complain of course.
DSS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best 2 Maiden albums from their whole discography.
I was never a CD person.

PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Nice!
Those two records are eternally cult.
Are all those colored and splatter ones newer version or the real deal from the 80ies?
DSS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are all the real deal from the early days. I bought very few re-issues of the Maiden albums. Can't keep up with all that's being re-issued these days.
hellmask

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw on discogs that those splatter reissues are from the early '90s, on a Czech label called Globus International, licensed from EMI. Never saw those before - very cool!
DSS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellmask wrote:
Saw on discogs that those splatter reissues are from the early '90s, on a Czech label called Globus International, licensed from EMI. Never saw those before - very cool!

That is correct. I still see these once in a while at record shows but they always have a ridiculous price tag on them. I think I have "Rust In Peace" LP on the same label as well.
hellmask

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:
hellmask wrote:

That is correct. I still see these once in a while at record shows but they always have a ridiculous price tag on them. I think I have "Rust In Peace" LP on the same label as well.

Yeah, I imagine they would be expensive these days.

Anyway, killer collection of two of the greatest albums ever made!!

One Maiden record I'd like to get my hands on is the Venezuelan version of Maiden Japan, with the different cover. Definitely out of my price range on discogs! That EP is my favorite Maiden release.
DSS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellmask wrote:

One Maiden record I'd like to get my hands on is the Venezuelan version of Maiden Japan, with the different cover. Definitely out of my price range on discogs! That EP is my favorite Maiden release.

Almost every Venezuelan pressing is going for a crazy price tag when it comes to Maiden. Saw some 7" EP fetch over $1200. And that's something I would never spend on a record unless I won the lottery. No matter how huge of a fan of the band/music I am I simply can not justify the 'need' to have something when it costs that much.

And I think there is a more affordable bootleg of Maiden Japan with the said cover.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 542, 543, 544  Next
Page 543 of 544

Jump to: