P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Tormentor Vinyl Re-issues ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jameswolfe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ I think you can expect about 40.
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpathian_Florist wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:
It WILL be expensive but I'll have 8 or so of each LP for the distro.

How expensive?

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$50 each

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Crucifixion Vomit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then, where is still available?
lsid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crucifixion Vomit wrote:
then, where is still available?

TPL Records and Neseblod still have it listed.
WindsOfApocalypse

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weltering in Blood wrote:
WindsOfApocalypse wrote:
WindsOfApocalypse wrote:
Fantastic, essential recordings so it'd be nice if these were actually normally available for once instead of these absurdly limited, message-board-hawk-eye-only releases every few years or so. What a shame.

?
They're still available.

You missed my point.

Perhaps if you'd articulated yourself better, I wouldn't. It's pretty "normal" that vinyl releases are limited isn't it?

Don't be so snarky, you're not 16 I assume. By 'normally available' I meant that these releases are such essential Black Metal recordings by now, it'd be cool to have them readily available as CD versions etc. for kids getting into this type of music and so on. The Saturnus CD release is nearly impossible to get your hands on as well as far as I recall.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindsOfApocalypse wrote:
WindsOfApocalypse wrote:
WindsOfApocalypse wrote:
Fantastic, essential recordings so it'd be nice if these were actually normally available for once instead of these absurdly limited, message-board-hawk-eye-only releases every few years or so. What a shame.

?
They're still available.

You missed my point.

Perhaps if you'd articulated yourself better, I wouldn't. It's pretty "normal" that vinyl releases are limited isn't it?

Don't be so snarky, you're not 16 I assume. By 'normally available' I meant that these releases are such essential Black Metal recordings by now, it'd be cool to have them readily available as CD versions etc. for kids getting into this type of music and so on. The Saturnus CD release is nearly impossible to get your hands on as well as far as I recall.

this pretty much sums up my view to a T... not taking the piss on weltering here, but unless you only started buying or collecting within the last 5 years, you would know the limitation game is far from normal, and boasting about how many copies were specifically pressed had nothing to do with the presentation of the release itself... that catch phrase "limited edition" really seems to go to work at a very subliminal level on those who are easily manipulated. I've said this before... its like when purchasing food or something... when labeled "all natural" or "USDA approved Organic" (LOL) people suddenly feel much better about consuming a product

please give me the non organic Tormentor vinyl already. I'm comfortable consuming the cheap garbage version as it still tastes mighty fine to me... Very Happy
BulletBelt
banned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes any of you think that a version without the booklet and patch is going to be pressed?
And that somehow the postage is going to be cheaper on the "un-die hard" edition. ?
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindsOfApocalypse wrote:
WindsOfApocalypse wrote:
WindsOfApocalypse wrote:

?
They're still available.

You missed my point.

I'm not, I just didn't know what you meant by "normally available". I assumed you meant the vinyls. In fairness Anno Domini is on spotify, which I guess is where many new people, getting into this music, find a lot of their stuff nowadays. I've no idea what Attila hasn't had these records in constant production through some label for years, maybe he plans to do it himself now through his own label?
Vincebus Eruptum

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindsOfApocalypse wrote:
The Saturnus CD release is nearly impossible to get your hands on as well as far as I recall.

Where do you live? this is quite easy to get...
Zombie Dance

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received my copy of "7th day of doom" and it's beyond awesomeness. Seriously this is as good as a cult reissue could be, everything's perfect.

Can anybody makes a real difference between the new Anno-domini and the old version we all know? It says from the booklet they came from different masters (on the 7th day of doom you can really tell the difference).

I'm really considering selling my original for that new one...

(thumbs up again for the first demo, black masterpiece. Probably the best guitar work in early black metal along with Mefisto).
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie Dance wrote:

Can anybody makes a real difference between the new Anno-domini and the old version we all know? It says from the booklet they came from different masters

Haven't read the booklet yet but as far as I know (first hand info from people involved in the making) the NAP version was taken from a first generation dub whereas this new one is sourced directly from the original master. To be perfectly honest the difference isn't really that huge in the case of AD, drums sound a tad cleaner and vocals seem to be a bit higher than how I remembered them on the NAP vinyl. Then again it has been years since I spinned the first version so I might be wrong.

Zombie Dance

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the answer. Might buy it, still not sure if that's reasonable (and if i want to be reasonable).
WindsOfApocalypse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the master is the same (assuming so) as on the Saturnus CD release of Anno Domini, the difference is quite big to my ears. Especially the more chaotic tracks hugely benefit from the fresher master, previously buried riffs pop out more and so on. Definitely worth it, it's much sharper overall.
jameswolfe

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^

Yeah this pressing is really expensive. Probably too much, but at the same time this is one of the finest records I own. I thought that pretty much out of the box when I got it a few weeks ago, but wanted some time to critique it. The quality of this record pressing is really impressive imo. As stated above the mix is great compared to other versions. The record itself is plays perfect. No debris when you pull it out of the sleeve, no static or pops when playing, volume is uniform throughout the record.

Over the years listening to my albums I always find a little of something to pick on, even my favorite records. Im not sure where it was pressed but they did a fantastic job.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 25 of 28

Jump to: