P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

URKAOS - Urkaos I
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exitium

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
Clarification hammer:

1. Someone from the forum pointed out that it is an unnamed, unlisted RiM release.
2. Emil said that AR013 is a RiM recording. The drumming style, for those who have listened to it, would also show this is the case.
3. Disappointing though it is, because of the mix, it's an interesting release nonetheless.
4. This isn't about RiM again, it's about URKAOS which sounds excellent.
5. Suspicious as the Metal Archives reviews/page moderations look (including the URKAOS album being listed there about 4 months ago), I couldn't give a shit. 'URKAOS I' sounds very impressive and will sit nicely amongst similar sounding material from other Swedish bands; it's not original, but Black Metal never has been required to be in order for it to be good.

Blutkvlt wrote:
Wear your cunted out black metal shirts while practicing occult rituals like burning sage and posting quotes from Aleister Crowley on facebook.
Barghest

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I'd say that's a fair summary of the situation.
asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was indeed referring to AR013 "secret LP"

Why then the Ancient Record boss says it aint RiM?? Clearly Exitium seems to know what he's talking about, and if Emil himself has said it was RiM why would the label deny these allegations?

I edited the quote in my post to avoid misunderstanding. It's all sooo confusing Cool

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
alexyorkalive

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm more confused than ever...
Ancient Records

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asmael LeBouc wrote:
I was indeed referring to AR013 "secret LP"

Why then the Ancient Record boss says it aint RiM?? Clearly Exitium seems to know what he's talking about, and if Emil himself has said it was RiM why would the label deny these allegations?

I edited the quote in my post to avoid misunderstanding. It's all sooo confusing Cool

Emils words arent the law. There are other people on that recording too. He just called it a RiM release when he talked to some people it seems(to help him sell of his copies I guess), even though we agreed it was not to be talked about(even his idea) nor have any bandname/layout/titles/anything to take the extremecy of the chaotic tones to another level. Nothing more nothing less. He just couldt keep his mouth shut about it it seems so he destroyed everything about that band and the LP in my mind. Its a pointless release now as all its obscurity and brutalness is all gone. There exist another MLP from that band also but its no point in releasing it now as the concept is dead. And dont you think it would have said Reverorum Ib Malacht - Untitled LP instead if it was RiM? I would have sold alot more copies of it if it was a RiM release.
morbidhate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ancient Records wrote:
Emils words arent the law. There are other people on that recording too. He just called it a RiM release when he talked to some people it seems(to help him sell of his copies I guess), even though we agreed it was not to be talked about(even his idea) nor have any bandname/layout/titles/anything to take the extremecy of the chaotic tones to another level. Nothing more nothing less. He just couldt keep his mouth shut about it it seems so he destroyed everything about that band and the LP in my mind. Its a pointless release now as all its obscurity and brutalness is all gone. There exist another MLP from that band also but its no point in releasing it now as the concept is dead. And dont you think it would have said Reverorum Ib Malacht - Untitled LP instead if it was RiM? I would have sold alot more copies of it if it was a RiM release.

Huh more scene drama. Well at least now we know its worth getting if into RiM, even if you say its not RiM. I'll be getting a copy at some point anyways.

Btw, who added that Sir N is an ex-member of Dodfodd on Metal Archives then? Seeing as he never played on any known release of theirs, it'd have to been done by someone on the 'inside' right? It's a bit obvious!!!

'Secrets' never stay secret in BM, theres too much kult at stake Very Happy
asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be sad. It's still rather MYSTERIOUS AND MYSTICAL.

But seriously. Buying a vinyl record from a band completely unknown... Why would anyone buy it? Based on samples only? Or you'd better have a faithful crowd of followers that'll blindly buy anything you release...

Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
Guido

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was just listening to the ANCIENT REC bandcamp, Hädanfärd is the best ARMAGEDDA-like band i ever heard! Any release advice?
Deviationist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guido wrote:
Was just listening to the ANCIENT REC bandcamp, Hädanfärd is the best ARMAGEDDA-like band i ever heard! Any release advice?

is there any other?
Mikael

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you all fellows bought an Aske-vinyl and thought it's a Burzum-album instead of a german-band?

And to make a return from the actual band on this topic (totally different from the RiM):

To make it very simple, most likely the other people on the "unknown-album" are not on the same "religious" side with Emil, that for it's an unknown album instead of anything else, it's a good record, but some (or one) people behind it are not the ones anymore whom recorded it and that for it's an unknown album?

If you bought the "unknown-album" and liked it, why do you care who's on it unless you want to avoid Emils religious side and when reading this topic, noone is interested so they could avoid it, but to have it instead? That makes no sense.
Exitium

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ancient Records wrote:

I asked him if he was behind it, not if it was a RiM release, my apologies for the confustion or misunderstanding. If he calls it RiM or 'The Official Statement of Lego Ghosts' it wouldn't have made a difference. The drumming style and mixing is obvious so it would've been sussed out sooner or later. I see no problem in an unnamed band with an unnamed LP with a collaboration of unlisted members, so the acknowledgement of one member makes no difference either way. That other MLP would still be worth hearing.

Blutkvlt wrote:
Wear your cunted out black metal shirts while practicing occult rituals like burning sage and posting quotes from Aleister Crowley on facebook.
Phantom Feel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had never bought any Ancient Records releases before I picked up Grav's MLP and the Untitled record. I hadn't heard any samples of the latter, but based on the description, I was intrigued and took a calculated risk. I rather enjoy it, so it worked out!

Anyway, I'm disappointed that more of the material may never see the light of day now.
Pestkrieg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame that some people like Mr Exitium are so keen to show off their underground connections that they are unable to respect the mystery and obscurity that some releases deserve. Don't you think that if the label release an untitled lp, with no information, you should respect that? Seems like the RiM guy didn't help the situation either.
s.charlach

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asmael LeBouc wrote:
Buying a vinyl record from a band completely unknown... Why would anyone buy it? Based on samples only?

Err, yes. What do you base your decision on when buying a demo tape or an album from a new band? Fancy selling points? Name dropping? Possible resale value? Sorry if I should miss something from your post, but what's in a name, really, wherefore buying music based on the music itself seems like a pretty smart thing to do, don't you think?
asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.charlach wrote:
asmael LeBouc wrote:
Buying a vinyl record from a band completely unknown... Why would anyone buy it? Based on samples only?

Err, yes. What do you base your decision on when buying a demo tape or an album from a new band? Fancy selling points? Name dropping? Possible resale value? Sorry if I should miss something from your post, but what's in a name, really, wherefore buying music based on the music itself seems like a pretty smart thing to do, don't you think?

Well I should have been more precise because in THIS particular case there are no sample available. Nothing at all.
When I buy new stuff first I try to listen to it, i not possible various advices/positive opinions from people whose tastes I can rely on. Affiliations by band members "featuring members of..." or statements as "for fans of..." even though I'm wary about these. Artwork can play a role as well.

In this AR013 LP case nothing at all was known apart from their affiliation -that should settle the issue- with RiM
Without this afiliation I would have never been interested in a "project" totally unknown since I'm not yet familiar enough with the label to go on a blind-buy with already so many surefire releases I need to buy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: