P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Haw far do YOU go in the Iron Maiden catalog?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NAGAWIKA

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

only the first three for me too. only Di'anno is real. the following full lenghs with Dickinson are just video games soundtrack.
Moonchild666

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAGAWIKA wrote:
only the first three for me too. only Di'anno is real. the following full lenghs with Dickinson are just video games soundtrack.

Old video games had amazing soundtracks Cool Whether that be midi or real music.

I love every Maiden album so far. Even the Blaze ones, especially The X Factor. Those dark, moody songs just hit a spot.
The self titled debut and Piece Of Mind are probably my two favourite albums. There is of course some songs and albums that you like less than others, but all in all I like everything.

I really can't seem to understand how some of you don't like SSOASS?? Question
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me "Killers" is the ultimate Maiden album closely followed by "Somewhere In Time". My fave Maiden songs are "Hallowed Be Thy Name" and "Somewhere In Time". Actually I enjoy every Maiden album.
evil invader

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy every Maiden albums too...but I still need to listen the last two ones. The Dickinson area is my favourite so far.

Brave New World (which is underrated) and Powerslave are their best in my eyes.

Actually, No Prayer For The Dying is a correct heavy metal album but compared to Maiden standards...
Blood and Thunder

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caina wrote:
Huge Maiden fan here. However, there are places where I skip albums.

'Iron Maiden' all the way through to 'Seventh Son', then nothing except for Bruce Dickinson's 'Chemical Wedding' (GREAT record) till 'Brave New World' and onwards. Dance of Death is pretty weak, but far better than the 90's albums.

Ha, this pretty much sums up my feelings too. My faves are def 'Killers', and 'Powerslave', but I'm enamored with everything up to and including 'SS'.

And kudos for mentioning 'The Chemical Wedding' as a solo fave. Masterful album for sure! So heavy and raw... nice to hear Bruce singing without that click of Steve's bass ha ha. He has a best of album that has some killer old stuff of his... pre Maiden. Really kick ass.

I was really into 'BNW' when it came out and for a good 2 years after it, though revisiting in recent times left me a little uninspired. I'd say that overplay may be a catalyst, though that's hardly true of their earlier offerings, so who knows. 'Dance...' did not inspire at all.
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
Tireheb

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a Maiden fanatic for sure, and I do enjoy pretty much everything. But I can easily admit some serious downpoints in Maiden discography, like Fear of the Dark and Dance of Death as a whole are very weak.

And waiting for summer gigs eagerly!!!!!

"You can't hide the hook!"
masters_throne

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I cannot understand the problem with "Fear of the Dark", that album is great (completely), just the title-track is a bit worn out, but still nice to listen to and not that bad as i.e. "Painkiller"...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stop at S/T. I don't really like the rest.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

ThornCross

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All albums before Seventh son.
Especially "Killers", "The number..."& "Piece of mind"

I have to listen to "A matter ..." before I see them in July in Zaragoza-Spain.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:
Well, I cannot understand the problem with "Fear of the Dark", that album is great (completely).

IMO the album is plagued with stinky fillers and only a few killers. Be Quick or Be Dead, Afraid To Shoot Strangers, Judas Be My Guide (and title track, but I'm kind of tired with it). Rest is just stinky landfill material.

"You can't hide the hook!"

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood and Thunder wrote:
And kudos for mentioning 'The Chemical Wedding' as a solo fave. Masterful album for sure! So heavy and raw... nice to hear Bruce singing without that click of Steve's bass ha ha. He has a best of album that has some killer old stuff of his... pre Maiden. Really kick ass.

Dickinson's solo career is highly underrated, the Tattoed millionaire lp includes some of the best hard rock tunes I've ever heard. Balls to Picasso has its moments too, Tears of the dragon being a classic song that doesn't sound any less brilliant than Maiden in their heydays. That specific album is a bit ruined by some cheap attempt at rap in one or two songs though Embarassed

Nobody mentioned Adrian Smith's ASAP project yet, the 'Silver and Gold' lp still gets a few spins on my turntable every once in a while.
illomen

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried listening to brave new world yesterday and it still didnt do much for me. im going to give it a few mroe tries though.

after that i listened to piece of mind and somewhere in time back to back. when i was younger, i used to think piece of mind was the superior album, but now i think that somewhere in time is far better. the songwriting on s.i.t. is excellent. every song draws you in almost immediately.
snaps666

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThornCross wrote:
"

I have to listen to "A matter ..." before I see them in July in Zaragoza-Spain.

No need for that if it's because of the gig. They won't play any songs from the new albums. Fear of the Dark is the latest.

But I recomend you give it a go anyway, it's a great album.
SorceressBitch

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy most of Maiden's discography (all on different levels, however). I really like all of the first, what is it, 7 albums? I'm not too fond of No Prayer for the Dying. Perhaps I haven't been exposed to it as much but I don't think listening to it more would change my mind about it. I do like Fear of the Dark, mostly because of Wasting Love. heh. I think it's a really great song. Now, regarding the Blaze era. I absolutely love The X-Factor. I don't understand why many dislike it. The vocals are definitely not Bruce but the songs are great. How can anyone sit through Lord of the Flies and not want to sing along. I can't say the same about Virtual XI though. Anything after X Factor, with the exception of Brave New World, is just alright. Definitely not something I'll pull out of my collection to listen to.

Last edited by SorceressBitch on Wed May 21, 2008 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
SorceressBitch

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

illomen wrote:
i tried listening to brave new world yesterday and it still didnt do much for me. im going to give it a few mroe tries though.

after that i listened to piece of mind and somewhere in time back to back. when i was younger, i used to think piece of mind was the superior album, but now i think that somewhere in time is far better. the songwriting on s.i.t. is excellent. every song draws you in almost immediately.

I think if you haven't really been following the "latest" Maiden material it will be harder for you to get into it right away. You should give Brave New World some time. It really isn't horrible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: