P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

ARKHA SVA appreciation
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spektrale_Schattenlichter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: ARKHA SVA appreciation Reply with quote

Does anyone know anything about new material from this brilliant band?
Orlok

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken from http://journaux.ordo-aaaa.org/

Quote:
This is an official statement about external status.
ARKHA SVA has been on hold since MMX Anno Bastardi.

OAIKREME DAI SAITAN

Due to some esoteric reasons, all channeling related to the next full-length album ODS has been suspended since winter MMX A.B. After sorting things out for the resolution, it will start proceeding again. Only SAITAN knows when and what will be received from the under.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better ask SAITAN then
Närxhen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a huge fan of this amazing and kind of unique band.

All of of their material from the very first demo to the very last split and ep have completly possessed me.
I would say I prefer the Arkha Sva on Gloria Satanae and post GS in general but some songs like "Thou Disappear", "Salute To The Dark" or "Destroy Them All" are amongst my favourites so...

Anyways the "status" of Arkha Sva recently evolved on the 26th of January and the "message" changed to something more peculiar : http://ordo-aaaa.org/arkha-sva/

"Hell-Fire Burning"...Maybe the band begins to get more active...or the contrary. Waiting for the statement of AS wich Noel from Those Opposed Records talked about a couple months ago.

ps : I hope this thread will become more interesting, this band really deserve this kind of thread on such forum imo.
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A short while ago I learned that there is some new Arkha Sva side project. Something about necro symphonic black metal similar to the roughness of Peste Noire with almost progressive elements. The NH guy was talking about a promo tape he received. No idea what the band name is. A little curious about that anyway... I just hope it's not the digital fuzzy type.
Närxhen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahpdegma. All infos you need are on the ordo AAAA website linked above.

There is also Alswice but it seems they never did anything. Some basement group or some sort with members of the other bands maybe.

Also Allurement of Wormwoods seems to be no more and resurrected under the name of Amag Hyldr. I'm very curious to hear some stuff about these two bands...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the recently released compilations on Those Opposed worth picking up? I mean in terms of design and general content, the music is obviously kick ass.
Närxhen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't own some of their products and if you're really into the band then yes, definitely. I've both of the Odo Kikale Qaa compilations and they sound good and looks fine (I love the artworks, do someone knows who is the artist ? ).

By the way the lyrics are finally readable for all of the songs. So you have 12 pages of photos and lyrics...classic but nothing additionnal is needed from a cd in my opinion...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Närxhen wrote:
If you don't own some of their products and if you're really into the band then yes, definitely. I've both of the Odo Kikale Qaa compilations and they sound good and looks fine (I love the artworks, do someone knows who is the artist ? ).

By the way the lyrics are finally readable for all of the songs. So you have 12 pages of photos and lyrics...classic but nothing additionnal is needed from a cd in my opinion...

Isn't it some LLN hotshot who makes all their artwork? At least the strange calligraphy on GS is from his hands.
Närxhen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vordb did the calligraphy indeed. And he some ambient samples for them to, but I have no ideas about the artworks...
C./d.a.p.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:
A short while ago I learned that there is some new Arkha Sva side project. Something about necro symphonic black metal similar to the roughness of Peste Noire with almost progressive elements. The NH guy was talking about a promo tape he received. No idea what the band name is. A little curious about that anyway... I just hope it's not the digital fuzzy type.

The "symphonic" is not the most fortunate part of the description, I'd say. At least not in the sense most of the people would understands it. Very hunting piece of music. Definitely a thing to look forward to.
THR it putting out their debut full-length some time this year.
Närxhen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just discovered this new song, aphazardly, from the upcoming ep :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZL15KkGMJ4
astraltemple

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C./d.a.p. wrote:

The "symphonic" is not the most fortunate part of the description, I'd say. At least not in the sense most of the people would understands it. Very hunting piece of music. Definitely a thing to look forward to.

This sums it up rather well.

12" LP will be released through ASTRAL TEMPLE later this year in a limited pressing.
hevosrunkkari

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New track sounds great as usual. Ahpdegma is something I'm definitely looking forward too.

As for the appreciation of Arkha Sva, I also worship this band. Its really that unique feeling only japanese black metal manages to create.
Orlok

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahpdegma is pretty good, definitely recomended. Fans of Manierisme and Endless Dismal Moan will also enjoy the band.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: