P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

INFINITUM OBSCURE - Ascension Through the Luminous Black LP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captainretardo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: INFINITUM OBSCURE - Ascension Through the Luminous Black LP Reply with quote

The new LP from the Mexican death metal masters is out on LP on Doomentia, and on CD from Deathgasm!! I know many write them off as a subpar spinoff of The Chasm, but those who do really miss out on some expertly-written songs. I think IO have improved with each release, so I'm stoked for this one!!

Quote:
Formed in 2000 by Roberto Lizárraga, INFINITUM OBSCURE has always been the odd man in the crowd. A rarity on stage (in fourteen years, they’ve toured the US only twice and Europe once), they always believed that less is more and that should strive to forge its own path, no matter how long it’d take. Often too quickly described as a mix between their country fellowmen THE CHASM intense dark-metal and WATAIN mystical stance, they simply sound like no-one but themselves and each album of theirs has left the rest of the scene behind eating dust and getting stuck in the mud.

The product of four years of hard work and soul searching, ‘Ascension Through the Luminous Black’ is another triumph of the will. Epic but concise at the same time, heavy yet full of tortuous melodies, abstract but also very direct, its eight tracks offer a unique mix of classic metal with black and traditional thrash leanings. In a way, it’s the kind of album that needs to be listened to in its entirety, as it feels as a whole more like a voyage than anything else. Recorded last September and October in Los Angeles with legendary producer Bill Metoyer (SACRED REICH, SLAYER etc.) and mixed last March in Stockholm at the infamous Necromorbus studio, it includes a revamped version of the track “Luminous Black”, originally available on the single of the same name last year, with Mors Dalos Ra from NECROS CHRITOS and Anastasis Valtsanis from DEAD CONGREGATION both contributing with a guitar solo.

After four LP releases with BLOOD HARVEST, DOOMENTIA is extremely proud to be working with one of Mexico’s most original and singular. Whereas the CD will be available through the US’ DEATHGASM RECORDS, the deluxe LP version ‘Ascension Through the Luminous Black’ will be pressed in only 500 copies, 400 in black and 100 in ultra clear vinyl. Grab it while you can!

price LP: 14 EUR + shipping

order here:
http://doomentia.com/releases.html
Hallucinating Death

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent stuff. Certainly one of the highlights of this year. You can read my review on Transcending Obscurity -

http://transcendingobscurity.com/Webzine/1468/Album.aspx
Sunnportal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Sub Atris Caelis. Looking forward to this.
Hobophobic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice! been following them since the beginning. even got to see them live once heh, from a very random tour with nominon years back.

holy ghost wrote:

So basically... who gives a cats whiskers?
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobophobic wrote:
even got to see them live once heh, from a very random tour with nominon years back.

That was the summer of 2010. Both the bands had releases through Deathgasm and I'm pretty sure he set up the tour.

The show here was in a warehouse and hot as balls.
LifeDepraved

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to pick this up! Always enjoyed their brand of black/death metal, with some touches of Dissection and The Chasm.

Seen them live here in Tempe with one other guy up front and a few old heads at the bar...felt like they played a show just for me, haha!

Good Sellers/Buyers/Traders: In Solitude, metalbrain, IIIRD GATEKEEPER, Mangled Torsos, Kakarot SS5, S(2), Schoolslave, Heksekult, Hobophobic(2), IXTAB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: