P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia, why is it praised?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent release, nothing more.
Rottendlijk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top... 5... best... "Black"... Metal... release... EVER...!
Twisted Evil
Don't feel the need to explain why. Can't argue about taste.
Caine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
i like it b/c it's nice spacey bm, nothing more...everything they did afterward doesn't compare, too circus-y and/or toomuch trip-hop influence...

i think i dont like it so much cause of the circus-like influences and mixture Wink.
Rottendlijk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caine wrote:
DTP wrote:
i like it b/c it's nice spacey bm, nothing more...everything they did afterward doesn't compare, too circus-y and/or toomuch trip-hop influence...

i think i dont like it so much cause of the circus-like influences and mixture Wink.

Which didn't yet show on Aspera.....
Caine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rottendlijk wrote:
Caine wrote:
DTP wrote:

Which didn't yet show on Aspera.....

? nah something in that style, i dunno some kind of romanian styled influence, i have to relisten then again, damn you lol.
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time and place record? Black Metal was dying a death when that was released and the scene hadn't gotten totally gay just yet so this sort of stuff was still a bit new. Got it from my mother on our way to Spain for a holiday and listened to it there for two weeks. Haven't listened to it since. Ok record.
Grafvolluth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weltering in Blood wrote:
Time and place record? Black Metal was dying a death when that was released and the scene hadn't gotten totally gay just yet so this sort of stuff was still a bit new. Got it from my mother on our way to Spain for a holiday and listened to it there for two weeks. Haven't listened to it since. Ok record.

I'd say the Norweigen BM that was getting so much praise was dying the slow death. I considered this album just another nail in the coffin at the time. Not terrible by any means, but obviously searching for something else beyond the limitations of murder and church burnings.
SignofthePentagram

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia, why is it praised? Reply with quote

Caine wrote:
dont misunderstand me, im not a noob, i have this cd so many years in my collection but never came to listen to it so well and now im sorting out my collection as it just has too many releases i never really listened to (still not through with EMPEROR! lol).
i remember the release didnt stick in my head like a burzum cd, dimmu borgir for all tid, or whoever else, and i just listened to it in full.

well, im not surprised somehow why it didnt stick in my head, the songs are bland for my taste, wild played, nothing really remarkable only the artwork. i had a newer arcturus cd which was much different but i didnt like it either, i expected better from this so called CULT release. anybody feelin the same?

yes nonetheless topic i guess but somehow i am just very disappointed i dont like it and dont understand the praise at all, i prefer a lot more unknown and so called crap cds more over this one.

Fag?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: