P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Watain - The Vinyl Reissues - 4lp Box
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EternalNight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nosferatu wrote:
Hallucinogen wrote:

That's what Watain is. A band for people for people that like to pretend they're being extreme both in terms of musical taste but also in ideology.

as long as you do what you want and get "popular" on your own terms then that's never selling out. Writing for someone else (underground morons) is definetly selling out. Darkthrone do what they want and you still see hipsters with their shirts and stuff. A band that's been recording (and playing live) for 10+ years are bound to become more popular than when you first started. unless you're shit ofcourse. no idea why Watain is a magnet for those fools when Dissection wasn't so much. I've been following Watain since the start and i see no change in the band from when i first saw them 2001. It pains me to see their fanboys and girls go all H.S 218 HAIL WATAIN!!! but that's the people i dislike and not the band.

I guess black metal "rules" of old makes it different. People didn't shit their pants when Slayer, Morbid Angel, Death and whatever got bigger. Well maybe they did but there wasn't any internet to spread your bullshit.

anyways, rant over...thought Watain was forbidden to discuss on NWN nowadays because it always lead to this shit.

I agree with all of This.
So i'm just gonna Try to contribute.

I mean, most of you here have seen that "you can have your seven chalices and worship the lord" photo, right? Is TTNBLD sellouts because morons like them?
But that "HAIL 218 ILLUMINATE THE BLACK FLAME TO THE DEATH WATAIN" Shit is annoying as hell. I'm a spiritual person in the way that I actually believe in a force beyond This world. But I don't call myself a satanist and walk around screaming "THE BLACK FLAME BURNS ALIVE!!!!!!".

This is the part i hate most.
This and When people calling them sellouts But avoid to answer the questions asked when defending the band. But it is really a trend to hate Watain. Even the mainstream SLAAYER TILL DEATH I LOVE MEGADETH people call them fake. Not considering that songs like Total Funeral, Darkness And Death and Reaping Death are some of the most extreme songs the band has made. And Then they go "But they are metal Hammers cover". So what?
The Farthest Star

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallucinogen wrote:
The Farthest Star wrote:
Watain fit right in, kids nowadays love that weird, sadistic dark stuff.
I like your post, but I'd make a little correction:
The Farthest Star wrote:
Watain fit right in, kids nowadays love to pretend that they love that weird, sadistic dark stuff.

That's what Watain is. A band for people for people that like to pretend they're being extreme both in terms of musical taste but also in ideology.

It's also a band for people who love heavy fucking metal. Watain can be hit or miss and not everything they touch is solid gold, but can anyone question songs like Hymn to Qayin, Reaping Death, Malfeitor, Waters of Ain, Stellarvore, Sworn to the Dark? And that's just the recent material, their first two are usually universally fellated by everyone. I personally kinda beg to differ, but fuck, Devil's Blood, Limb Crucifix, The Essence of Black Purity -- grade A.
Deathcrusher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Solitude wrote:
Nosferatu wrote:
I think they do what they want and don't give a fuck about what anyone thinks. which to me is like it should be instead of sounding like transylvanian hunger forever and releasing your demos in 20 copies and get worshipped bu the NWN kvlt morons.

No matter how many times people repost this generic response, The Farthest Star made some good points. Rolling Eyes
EternalNight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Limb Crucifix is a classic!
The opening lines "SHOW ME THE FACE!!! OF UTTERMOST MADNESS!!!" makes you just... feel the greatness.
The Farthest Star

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I forget -- does anyone know why they never, ever play The Essence of Black Purity?
EternalNight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Farthest Star wrote:
Before I forget -- does anyone know why they never, ever play The Essence of Black Purity?

Hmm. They played My Fists Are Him in US atleast.
Nosferatu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathcrusher wrote:
In Solitude wrote:
Nosferatu wrote:
I think they do what they want and don't give a fuck about what anyone thinks. which to me is like it should be instead of sounding like transylvanian hunger forever and releasing your demos in 20 copies and get worshipped bu the NWN kvlt morons.

No matter how many times people repost this generic response, The Farthest Star made some good points. Rolling Eyes

nothing is more generic than the meaningless hate they get.
Ashdautas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole situation with Black/Death Metal and what is referred to as "credibility" is some of the most ridiculous bullshit that I have ever heard or read. You people all seem to forget that all of this is just music and nothing more. "Selling out," "staying true," underground credibility," what does all of that shit even mean? It's not like any of these people take any real rebellious action in any way other than playing music that is slightly subversive (and not really anymore since the world we live in now is almost all accepting). They are not murderers, they are not warriors, they do not sacrifice virgins to the dark lord below or whatever bullshit that plenty of delusional cunts (worldwide) like to have in their heads that they pretend that people in black or death metal bands are supposed to be and are actively doing.
It's all a huge paradox. In fact, I have found that most people that are in many well respected Black/Death metal bands will do anything to avoid confrontation. Why is that? Because it is just music, music heavily laced in negative fantasy, nothing more.
Nosferatu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a handful of individuals take it further than that though.

but yes in general 99.99999% of metal/rock people are white middle class whimps. But then again there's the Nödtveidts, Vikernes and Dead people that take it as far as it maybe should be. Not saying murder is ok but singing about fantasy for an hour and then go back to your normal life is what metal is.
caligulasremains

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EternalNight wrote:
The Limb Crucifix is a classic!
The opening lines "SHOW ME THE FACE!!! OF UTTERMOST MADNESS!!!" makes you just... feel the greatness.

agreed.

cannot wait to see them in november with TRIBULATION! almost a dream show. too bad Unanimated isn't on the tour instead of In Solitude though. always something to complain about.
Nosferatu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caligulasremains wrote:

cannot wait to see them in november with TRIBULATION! almost a dream show. too bad Unanimated isn't on the tour instead of In Solitude though. always something to complain about.

I don't really listen to In Solitude on record but they're great live

I'd prefer Invidious though!!
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else notice how all these bands coming out of Sweden are just mini-Wataints? Some good bands sure, but a lot seem to be very image conscious and seem to want to be the next Erik Danielson Laughing
Black Mass Ritual
banned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think Erik could play Gage if they did a remake of Pet Semetary.
KaosKommand

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caligulasremains wrote:
KaosKommand wrote:
I wanted to know if those re-releases are worth buying or not, but none of you guys could help me ...

Is the sound as good/better than the original Lp's or ar they like Morbid Angel's re-releases on earache, that is to say "CD sound on colorful vinyls for die hard collectors who never spin their Lps" ??

I'd pay if I was sure to buy something good, but nowadays I kinda fear re-releases ...

rabid death curse and sworn to the dark are 45rpm on the re-issues. i own all the original vinyls except for rabid death curse, but i havent listened to any of the reissues except for rabid deaths curse so i cant really compare. i have a feeling lawless darkness was better on the first edition cause they modified the arrangement of the songs on the reissue. ill do a back to back comparison of CL,STTD, and LD reissues this weekend with the original lps and let you know.

Thanks a lot, that's really cool !!! Do not really bother comparing each re-issue with the original sound, but just tell me if you can notice the vinyl "touch" or not. The thing is that I don't see the point of paying so much (the LP+the postage) for the sound of the cds I already own ...
To be honnest I'm more interested by RDC (I'm gonna stick to my first presses), just tell me about that one Wink
Nosferatu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:
Anyone else notice how all these bands coming out of Sweden are just mini-Wataints? Some good bands sure, but a lot seem to be very image conscious and seem to want to be the next Erik Danielson Laughing

they've influenced alot.. not the least swedish bands. majority is crap
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: