P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Watain - The Vinyl Reissues - 4lp Box
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
xyosefx



Joined: 06 Aug 2009
Posts: 5350
Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully someone can just do a black vinyl repress of "Rabid Death's Curse" so I can replace my picturedisc version.
_________________
Analog Worship label & distro (click for link)

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7193

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually want this. The price is a barrier however.
_________________
Weltbrand wrote:
I actually had Emperor in mind for some reason, but yeah the same logic would apply to a shredded goat man with his dick flapping in the wind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VnholyCvntz



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 1652

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bMz wrote:
Im suprised there aint any candles, tarot cards, eric's dildos etc. involved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
forever



Joined: 30 Apr 2010
Posts: 107

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck off
_________________
TRADELIST: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16893
Good business with: MEDICAL WASTE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iscariah



Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Posts: 1663
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously don't understand the hassle for this release, but seriously I can understand the perspective of the band since their fan base has grown and maybe the new fans mentality is not set on NWN forum news threads. Why would you limit to the underground if you feel your arts have the power and it happens on your own terms?

The price however is a bit steep, but Im not really surprised. Maybe they need to recoup their losses on the Morbid Angel box.

Total support to Watain.
_________________
ON DISCOGS:
www.discogs.com/seller/Iscariah667

LABEL (MORBOSIDAD / NOMINON SPLIT OUT NOW + DEATHCULT NORWAY CASSETTES):
www.edgedcircleproductions.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nosferatu



Joined: 09 Dec 2010
Posts: 749

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got all 4 on first release but i'm dumb enough to buy this

also, you kinda know with some things that you can sell if for as much or more... the morbid angel box not being one of em!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Evaldo



Joined: 15 Aug 2012
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iscariah wrote:
I seriously don't understand the hassle for this release, but seriously I can understand the perspective of the band since their fan base has grown and maybe the new fans mentality is not set on NWN forum news threads. Why would you limit to the underground if you feel your arts have the power and it happens on your own terms?

Exactly. Some people here seem to think that UG is the only way to go, it's the sheer opposite actually -the more a record sells the better for everyone, band, fans, labels, metal music as a whole. I laugh histerically at people proudly posting pics of their 16th generation generic darkclone new 7" pressed at GZ while throwing shit at Watain because their music is good enough to reach wider audiences. UGBM fans are possibly the dumbest beings ever to be found in nature.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7193

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watain is a great band. They've changed direction obviously but IMO they haven't released any bad records. And this box looks very nice. I don't need it but if I had $150 to toss away I'd probably get it anyway.
_________________
Weltbrand wrote:
I actually had Emperor in mind for some reason, but yeah the same logic would apply to a shredded goat man with his dick flapping in the wind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikael



Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 1982

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already have everything on vinyl, so no interest towards this one, but people calling this for generic piece of shit should take a year in silence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rswT58Jfc4

Commercially approached or not, awesome piece of black metal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
moonan



Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 837

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a big fan of the last two Watain records but I don't think they sold out like Satyricon for example their style slightly changed with each album bringing them to where they are today. They are a hard working band and deserve to be in the position they are in at the moment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
harmless



Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 2143
Location: 101 Reykjavík, Iceland.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exitium wrote:
First two albums are excellent, third one I didn't bother with and fourth had a few worthwhile moments but nothing exceptional. I'd have been happier with a repress of RBD and Casus in the same 2LP format as NoEvDia's pressing.


Although I would like to share you optimism I am far to pessimistic. Although I hope not I fear this will be another Studio Experience.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 5966

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be great if they offered an alternative version as well... one minus the wooden box. Just a regular box set.

My music listening does not require a wood box. I have a Conqueror cookie tin, that is more than enough to serve as my Urn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
klaw



Joined: 25 Mar 2010
Posts: 564
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Watain - The Vinyl Reissues - 4lp Box Reply with quote

Season of Mist wrote:
transparent clear
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Elite



Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Posts: 2726
Location: London

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Watain - The Vinyl Reissues - 4lp Box Reply with quote

klaw wrote:
Season of Mist wrote:
transparent clear


Believe it or not clear and transparent clear are totally different. Regular clear is like frosted glass and transparent clear is like well... transparent...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
klaw



Joined: 25 Mar 2010
Posts: 564
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Watain - The Vinyl Reissues - 4lp Box Reply with quote

The_Elite wrote:
klaw wrote:
Season of Mist wrote:
transparent clear


Believe it or not clear and transparent clear are totally different. Regular clear is like frosted glass and transparent clear is like well... transparent...

Oh, I see! Makes kinda sense I guess, since I know what you mean, as I have both kinds of records...

Still an odd description to me though!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group