P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Watain - The Vinyl Reissues - 4lp Box
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully someone can just do a black vinyl repress of "Rabid Death's Curse" so I can replace my picturedisc version.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually want this. The price is a barrier however.
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bMz wrote:
Im suprised there aint any candles, tarot cards, eric's dildos etc. involved.
forever

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck off
Iscariah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously don't understand the hassle for this release, but seriously I can understand the perspective of the band since their fan base has grown and maybe the new fans mentality is not set on NWN forum news threads. Why would you limit to the underground if you feel your arts have the power and it happens on your own terms?

The price however is a bit steep, but Im not really surprised. Maybe they need to recoup their losses on the Morbid Angel box.

Total support to Watain.

LABEL (MORBOSIDAD / NOMINON SPLIT OUT NOW + DEATHCULT NORWAY CASSETTES):
www.edgedcircleproductions.com
Nosferatu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got all 4 on first release but i'm dumb enough to buy this

also, you kinda know with some things that you can sell if for as much or more... the morbid angel box not being one of em!
Evaldo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iscariah wrote:
I seriously don't understand the hassle for this release, but seriously I can understand the perspective of the band since their fan base has grown and maybe the new fans mentality is not set on NWN forum news threads. Why would you limit to the underground if you feel your arts have the power and it happens on your own terms?

Exactly. Some people here seem to think that UG is the only way to go, it's the sheer opposite actually -the more a record sells the better for everyone, band, fans, labels, metal music as a whole. I laugh histerically at people proudly posting pics of their 16th generation generic darkclone new 7" pressed at GZ while throwing shit at Watain because their music is good enough to reach wider audiences. UGBM fans are possibly the dumbest beings ever to be found in nature.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watain is a great band. They've changed direction obviously but IMO they haven't released any bad records. And this box looks very nice. I don't need it but if I had $150 to toss away I'd probably get it anyway.
Mikael

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already have everything on vinyl, so no interest towards this one, but people calling this for generic piece of shit should take a year in silence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rswT58Jfc4

Commercially approached or not, awesome piece of black metal.
moonan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a big fan of the last two Watain records but I don't think they sold out like Satyricon for example their style slightly changed with each album bringing them to where they are today. They are a hard working band and deserve to be in the position they are in at the moment.
harmless

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exitium wrote:
First two albums are excellent, third one I didn't bother with and fourth had a few worthwhile moments but nothing exceptional. I'd have been happier with a repress of RBD and Casus in the same 2LP format as NoEvDia's pressing.

Although I would like to share you optimism I am far to pessimistic. Although I hope not I fear this will be another Studio Experience.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be great if they offered an alternative version as well... one minus the wooden box. Just a regular box set.

My music listening does not require a wood box. I have a Conqueror cookie tin, that is more than enough to serve as my Urn.
klaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Watain - The Vinyl Reissues - 4lp Box Reply with quote

Season of Mist wrote:
transparent clear
The_Elite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Watain - The Vinyl Reissues - 4lp Box Reply with quote

klaw wrote:
Season of Mist wrote:
transparent clear

Believe it or not clear and transparent clear are totally different. Regular clear is like frosted glass and transparent clear is like well... transparent...
klaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Watain - The Vinyl Reissues - 4lp Box Reply with quote

The_Elite wrote:
klaw wrote:
Season of Mist wrote:
transparent clear

Believe it or not clear and transparent clear are totally different. Regular clear is like frosted glass and transparent clear is like well... transparent...

Oh, I see! Makes kinda sense I guess, since I know what you mean, as I have both kinds of records...

Still an odd description to me though!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: