P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Ofermod - Thaumiel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
greencave



Joined: 16 Dec 2010
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the bass drum as clicky as on Tiamtu?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xyosefx



Joined: 06 Aug 2009
Posts: 5391
Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Elite wrote:
I love Ofermod. The new album is not good. Crying or Very sad

Any more info? For instance, why you think it isn't good?

I'm very excited for this, but I have pretty low expectations after hearing that new Nefandus track. I wish they would release what was recorded of "Pentagrammaton" some day...
_________________
Analog Worship label & distro (click for link)

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
greencave



Joined: 16 Dec 2010
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No samples?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Perverted Necrofucker



Joined: 08 Feb 2011
Posts: 357
Location: Germany Bayreuth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to "Tiamtü" 4-5 times because people seem to worship that album. But in the end it was still nothing but ... ok. Not a single riff remaining in my ear. Sorry, but that was just another 3rd class bm record.
_________________
medarov wrote:
After a few minutes of beating the door, I just went back, took some spray and drew swastika on their door. .



GOOD TRADERS : Vandreren , black sun, Kelkum, Gravelander , Division Lycanthrop, goat_lord, Kakarot SS5, S.P.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nosferatu



Joined: 09 Dec 2010
Posts: 768

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perverted Necrofucker wrote:
I listened to "Tiamtü" 4-5 times because people seem to worship that album. But in the end it was still nothing but ... ok. Not a single riff remaining in my ear. Sorry, but that was just another 3rd class bm record.


Mystérion Tés Anomias is pretty good, later stuff is bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Weltering in Blood



Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 2158
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nosferatu wrote:
Perverted Necrofucker wrote:
I listened to "Tiamtü" 4-5 times because people seem to worship that album. But in the end it was still nothing but ... ok. Not a single riff remaining in my ear. Sorry, but that was just another 3rd class bm record.


Mystérion Tés Anomias is pretty good, later stuff is bad.


The EP is great but it's also a time and place record. Thesedays, it doesn't leave the same impression on me.
_________________
WANT LIST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rthdx



Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 1478
Location: Korolev, Russia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greencave wrote:
No samples?


_________________
Kiss My Coffin!
news
bandcamp
bigcartel
youtube
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CrucifixionWounds



Joined: 02 Oct 2009
Posts: 1053

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weltering in Blood wrote:
Nosferatu wrote:
Perverted Necrofucker wrote:
I listened to "Tiamtü" 4-5 times because people seem to worship that album. But in the end it was still nothing but ... ok. Not a single riff remaining in my ear. Sorry, but that was just another 3rd class bm record.


Mystérion Tés Anomias is pretty good, later stuff is bad.


The EP is great but it's also a time and place record. Thesedays, it doesn't leave the same impression on me.

For me, that EP is among the best black metal ever recorded.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thoth



Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 579

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrucifixionWounds wrote:
Weltering in Blood wrote:
Nosferatu wrote:
Perverted Necrofucker wrote:
I listened to "Tiamtü" 4-5 times because people seem to worship that album. But in the end it was still nothing but ... ok. Not a single riff remaining in my ear. Sorry, but that was just another 3rd class bm record.


Mystérion Tés Anomias is pretty good, later stuff is bad.


The EP is great but it's also a time and place record. Thesedays, it doesn't leave the same impression on me.

For me, that EP is among the best black metal ever recorded.


Agreed 100%

As far as the musical direction of this album, from what I've heard from people close to Ofermod, this album further goes down the Death Metal path, rather than come back to BM roots.

Obviously I have not heard anything directly, so we will have to see, but needless to say I am more than skeptical about this release, as the parts I enjoyed least of Tiamtu (and even the song Rape the World) were the more Death Metal ones. However, I'm a huge DM fan, so if they are done properly it could turn out to be better than expected.

Also: I've always thought that taking pictures during rituals & esp posting them on the internet completely takes away the essence of what they are intented to do and they thus appear, at best, laughable. Which is quite the opposite of what they should invoke.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Weltering in Blood



Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 2158
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrucifixionWounds wrote:
Weltering in Blood wrote:
Nosferatu wrote:
Perverted Necrofucker wrote:
I listened to "Tiamtü" 4-5 times because people seem to worship that album. But in the end it was still nothing but ... ok. Not a single riff remaining in my ear. Sorry, but that was just another 3rd class bm record.


Mystérion Tés Anomias is pretty good, later stuff is bad.


The EP is great but it's also a time and place record. Thesedays, it doesn't leave the same impression on me.

For me, that EP is among the best black metal ever recorded.


It is great. I dunno, for me, this is one instance where knowing too much about the person behind the thing, devalued the music for me.
_________________
WANT LIST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pinhas



Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 121
Location: Ancient Israel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiamtü is an incredibly great record. It`s filled with great riffs and loaded with dark energies. Hakola is without a doubt a narcisst who wants to show off as much as humanly possible. BUT, the music he creates is still supreme! Looking very much forward to hearing Thaumiel!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steken



Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 1223

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoth wrote:
CrucifixionWounds wrote:
Weltering in Blood wrote:
Nosferatu wrote:
Perverted Necrofucker wrote:
I listened to "Tiamtü" 4-5 times because people seem to worship that album. But in the end it was still nothing but ... ok. Not a single riff remaining in my ear. Sorry, but that was just another 3rd class bm record.


Mystérion Tés Anomias is pretty good, later stuff is bad.


The EP is great but it's also a time and place record. Thesedays, it doesn't leave the same impression on me.

For me, that EP is among the best black metal ever recorded.


Agreed 100%


Absolutely. Few records have blown me away like that one. Still does, every time. Pure magic from beginning to end.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
greencave



Joined: 16 Dec 2010
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiamtü is a great death metal record IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nekrokunt_Usurper



Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 2987
Location: London

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoth wrote:
Also: I've always thought that taking pictures during rituals & esp posting them on the internet completely takes away the essence of what they are intented to do and they thus appear, at best, laughable. Which is quite the opposite of what they should invoke.


The fact that people believe that such rituals are based within any sort of reality in this day and age is laughable in itself.

And as a side note, the above picture looks ridiculous. I like Ofermod's music though all the same.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
morbidhate



Joined: 11 Jul 2010
Posts: 148

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That photo of Belfagor, check the far bottom right in the corner. Fashionable Swedish apartment flooring ahoy.

Also, his eyes makes it looks like he found a serious spelling error in his occult tome and cant believe it.

Anyways, joking aside, you guys do realise this is presumably just a promo photo right? I dont think he's conducting any kind of actual ritual here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group