P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Disc collection archaeology

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Disc collection archaeology Reply with quote

I've decided I fuckin' detest MP3s. Not for any reason other than that they're so brilliant, they make me lazy, and I forget to dive deep into the collection.

I was fucking around this afternoon and yanked out Master Collection of Souls. I'd forgotten why I like this the best of all the Speckmann early releases.

It has the same vigor of aggression as his earlier work, with more precision, and while there's a lot of speed metal and death metal in it, the choruses are pure punk but without breaking free from the metal form.

The result is a half hour or so of pure sonic joy...
captainretardo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I posted recently that CoS was the best Master album because of its killer punk vibe (although I didn't necessarily think this at time of release). You should have listened. It's one of those albums that I don't throw on as often as I should, but can basically play endlessly without getting tired of it. It just rules.
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulled out Carbonized Disharmonization today and enjoyed it, followed by Phantasm - The Abominable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: