P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Recent movies you watched/bought
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 726, 727, 728 ... 744, 745, 746  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K.D.S.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went and saw The House That Jack Built by Lars von Trier yesterday (a local movie theater did a one-off sneak preview months ahead of the European release date), what an awesome flick. Will definitely watch again.
cochino

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K.D.S. wrote:
Went and saw The House That Jack Built by Lars von Trier yesterday (a local movie theater did a one-off sneak preview months ahead of the European release date), what an awesome flick. Will definitely watch again.
Did dozens of people walk out while another hundred passed out and had to get medical attention? I bet that's what they're going to claim in the press releases for this movie. It's hilarious how people like Von Trier or Noe do these supposedly high brow provocative films only for them to get promoted with all those of William Castle gimmicks.
K.D.S.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a screening at a smaller, art house kind of cinema, I don't think more than fifty people were present, but a few people (two couples, looked like both were on a date, great success Laughing) did in fact walk out. Laughing

It's pretty bleak and violent and there's a bunch of scenes where I can definitely see why some more squeamish folks would get disturbed and/or upset, but I agree, the promotional gimmicks are unnecessary and are only distracting.
bitewerks

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The posters I've seen for The House That Jack Built are pretty bizarre. I haven't seen the film but he's not a director I have much interest in. The couple I've seen, I didnt' care for at all. Just not my taste.

Currently watching Horror Hotel aka City of the Dead & earlier, I put in an order for Fulci's The City of Living Dead on Amazon UK.

I should have The Song of Solomon here on Monday.
sloughfegkillers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errementari - The blacksmith and the devil. Recommended.
mithrandir

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The First Man - glad it wasn't another America masturbates over its accomplishments type film, more real and somber, much uncertainty permeates this flick, solid 8/10
The Missing Link

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goosebumps 2
Lamberto Bava's Demons

Shirts: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/posting.php
Jewdozer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apostle was pretty good. Gareth Evans proves he can do more than martial arts action (although any scenes involving fighting still use his Raid style camera work) and I've liked Dan Stevens as an actor since I first saw The Guest. I do wish the lore had been explored more, not much of anything is explained regarding the supernatural elements. A good amount of gore in the second half that'll cause horror casuals to turn their heads away. Overall I'll give it an 8/10.

1981 wrote:
Do you really think that the ZOG is going down when Gelal plays the Shitagogue riff?
The Missing Link

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewdozer wrote:
Apostle was pretty good. Gareth Evans proves he can do more than martial arts action (although any scenes involving fighting still use his Raid style camera work) and I've liked Dan Stevens as an actor since I first saw The Guest. I do wish the lore had been explored more, not much of anything is explained regarding the supernatural elements. A good amount of gore in the second half that'll cause horror casuals to turn their heads away. Overall I'll give it an 8/10.

I still say it's pretty much just the Wicker Man. Not to say it's a bad film and not enjoyable, but I felt VERY much like I had seen this done before.

cochino

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched Psycho II since it's one of the few horror franchises that I've never seen any entries of besides the original film, and I gotta say it's a very good movie. Making a sequel of a Hitchcock films, and so many years after the original looks like the shittiest idea ever on paper, but they actually pulled it off.
The Missing Link

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cochino wrote:
I just watched Psycho II since it's one of the few horror franchises that I've never seen any entries of besides the original film, and I gotta say it's a very good movie. Making a sequel of a Hitchcock films, and so many years after the original looks like the shittiest idea ever on paper, but they actually pulled it off.

Love Psycho 2. One of the best sequels to a franchise. Part 3 I like as well.

cochino

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Missing Link wrote:
cochino wrote:

I'll be watching parts III and IV soon as well, I'll skip the Bud Cort one though.
The Missing Link

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cochino wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
cochino wrote:

I'll be watching parts III and IV soon as well, I'll skip the Bud Cort one though.

Just heard this podcast this morning
https://www.earwolf.com/show/unspooled/

Also, the original author of Psycho the book, Robert Bloch, wrote a sequel book that has nothing to do with the 2nd film. Different plot and everything. Plus a twist ending.

cochino

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm a pretty big fan of Bloch but Psycho wasn't necessary his best work so I was never interested in any of the other books he wrote for the series. Psycho II (the book) shits all over Hollywood apparently, and that's why none of the sequels was ever based on it.
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Despite hating him, his son didnt want to kill him. It was patently obvious if you paid attention.

*shrug*

---
Deals/trades with : Al Infierno,amon-goethe, bearsbearsbears, cwprod, dethronewilliam, Hidden38, hume, hymnsoftheneedlefreak, jerry666, lordpazuzu, , mrgoatimus, nok, snakenuts, wirelessdarkness, xyosefx .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 726, 727, 728 ... 744, 745, 746  Next
Page 727 of 746

Jump to: