P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Recent movies you watched/bought
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 839, 840, 841 ... 852, 853, 854  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

windofpain wrote:

the helicopter ran into a crane
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch1WPPdCKog

Ooh I see! That makes a lot more sense haha!
I wonder how I missed that.
Now I feel dumb!

Laughing
bartwa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promised Land by Wajda. Great depiction of Lodz in 19th century. Three main characters/friends are a Pole, a German and a Jew which is pretty interesting and outrageous at the same time. Great, great movie. Based on a novel which I have never read. Oh, fantastic soundtrack by Wojciech Kilar on top of that.
cochino

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Missing Link wrote:
Argento presents Lamberto Bava's Demons 2- A dog turns into a demon. Great stuff.
I liked it for what it was, but it was such an inferior sequel, right down to the boring new wavy soundtrack and some dull moments that dragged on for a bit. Still one of the best from Bava Jr. (though that's not really saying a lot).
ANTI_HUMAN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Death - The Rise and Fall of Fred A. Leuchter, Jr. :1999 documentary

How a once prosperous man's life is destroyed by the zog for his findings or lack of cyanide found at Auschwitz.
The holocaust "scholar" and his fellow puppets in this doc sucked so much joo dick I was literally on the verge of puking for the remainder of the film. Calling Auschwitz "the holiest of holys" what a fucking joke.

Props to Fred Leuchter and my friend Ernst Zundel.
Coffinjoe93

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

highlander 1-5 no regrets
Coffinjoe93

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kvltivation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished Chernobyl, the stuff nightmares are made of. Some real heroes rise throughout it though, and we should all be grateful to them. Watching that series put into perspective how different the future would have been had it not been contained.

https://www.discogs.com/seller/kvltivation/profile
Logghi Barogghi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all in after watching the first episode of Refn's series, not that I wasn't already. Gonna watch another today at some point. Very looking forward to it.
ANTI_HUMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brewster McCloud - 1970

Fucking hilarious, under rated gem. Great cast, especially love Stacy Keach as Abraham Wright.
Widdershins

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motel Hell
Judge Minty- A Judge Dredd Fan Film

Aside from a few moments and a humorous scene or two Motel Hell was pretty underwhelming...the chainsaw battle at the end is some of the most comically poor fight choreography I've ever seen in a movie, that part was a plus.

In contrast, Judge Minty was good, normally I'm not into fan made movies or modern low budget stuff but this is an exception. Heil Dredd.

Nächtlich ‎– Twin Pillars Of Nocturnal Hatred lp

Maniac Butcher- Barbarians cassette

Chaos Cascade / Putrescent Fog: Nuclear Cremation / Post-Mortal Desecrator tape
chunks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logghi Barogghi wrote:
I am all in after watching the first episode of Refn's series, not that I wasn't already. Gonna watch another today at some point. Very looking forward to it.

the 5th episode is my favourite so far, by far. Its like peak Peckinpah but made on downers in 2019. Refn is really out there doing whatever the fuck he wants.[/i]
Saltrubbed Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaboom (2010)
Little Birds (2011)

I only watched these because I like Juno Temple, I expected both movies to be kinda average, however both movies were actually extremely enjoyable and funny.
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working all weekend so can't invest proper time into watching a movie and besides I don't have a movie on me anyway. I was thinking about ordering Ginger Snaps. Or something presumably leisurely. Or I could give Survivor season 33 updates which already aired in the states like a couple of years ago. But nevertheless, hail Probst!
The Missing Link

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bay Cove (1987)- At the suggestion of a couple (Jeff Conaway and Susan Rutyan)An urban couple (Pamela Sue Martin, Tim Matheson) move to an old New England village and begin to think their neighbors are coven of 300 year old witches. Woody Harrelson plays the couple's friend who finds everything on the island a little suspicious. This was a pretty fun one. Slow at some points, but pretty enjoyable.

For Sale:
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1418092#1418092
Logghi Barogghi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chunks wrote:
Logghi Barogghi wrote:

the 5th episode is my favourite so far, by far. Its like peak Peckinpah but made on downers in 2019. Refn is really out there doing whatever the fuck he wants.[/i]

Just so happens I had to stop halfway through episode 4. They are long but so deliver. It's not for everyone, I get it, but it feels like it was made just for me, because I'm not seeing flaws overall so far other than what others complain about. Sure some say 'slow' but it's more like 'deliberate' not unlike the dialogue in Lanthimos 'Killing of the Sacred Deer' from a few years back.

I happen to love it when an auteur just takes the 'norms' and states so with a big fuck you to Hollywood and the Oscars. I don't know much about this kid Miles Teller, other than I may have seen the end of the Pazienza film on cable not all that long ago, but he is casted perfectly. Liking the addition of a few other very solid actors/actresses that don't always buy into the larger productions and come back to an indie every now and again [Hawkes, Malone].

The 4K audio/video stream that Amazon Prime uses is really making Netflix look like a second fiddle in the streaming game. Watched Roma when it hit Netflix, and the stream quality really wasn't what most were expecting. I get a light shudder/pause every so many seconds, that once I notice it, I can't ignore it. My jump into Prime, which I have had, just hadn't noticed it as an app on my comcast on demand screen til not too long ago. I've only had limited viewings because it was dumped from chromecast so really never looked into since. The content is either great or it sucks, not too far off from what NF has, but after the noticeable quality difference, I hope they step it up on incoming releases.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 839, 840, 841 ... 852, 853, 854  Next
Page 840 of 854

Jump to: