P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Recent movies you watched/bought
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 527, 528, 529 ... 558, 559, 560  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sloughfegkillers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortado wrote:
OK, I have compiled a list of films I dig featuring stop-motion animation. Some well known, some not. This list isn't all-inclusive, just stuff I have seen and liked:

Häxan (1922)
The Lost World (1925)
King Kong (1933)
Son of Kong (1933)
Mighty Joe Young (1949)
The Lost Continent (1951)
The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms (1953)
It Came from Beneath the Sea (1955)
Earth vs. the Flying Saucers (1956)
The Beast of Hollow Mountain (1956)
20 Million Miles to Earth (1957)
The Black Scorpion (1957)
The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad (1958)
Monster from Green Hell (1958)
The Giant Behemoth (1958)
Dinosaurus! (1960)
Journey to the 7th Planet (1962)
Jason and the Argonauts (1963)
7 Faces of Dr. Lao (1964)
One Million Years B.C. (1966)
The Valley of Gwangi (1969)
Equinox (1967/1970)
When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth (1971)
The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (1974)
Flesh Gordon (1974)
Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger (1977)
Laserblast (1978)
Howard the Duck (1978)
Tetsuo: The Iron Man (1989)
Metamorphosis: The Alien Factor (1990)

Thanks very much for that! I've taken note because there are a few there that I haven't heard of.
Equinox is a blast indeed!
https://youtu.be/S0wb8-k46gY

Last edited by sloughfegkillers on Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ough

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of stop-motion. I was going through my favorite shorts & films of Jan Svankmajer the other day... some really special work, that guy.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdtfu

http://store.nghtrhthms.com
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:
Speaking of stop-motion. I was going through my favorite shorts & films of Jan Svankmajer the other day... some really special work, that guy.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdtfu

My ex was a huge fan of this guy, his stuff was really interesting.
Ough

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And as we were just talking about him... RIP H.D.S.

http://store.nghtrhthms.com
chunks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, what the fuck. This one hurts. Was actually watching that trailer posted here thinking he looks ready to go, not in a defeatist way but a content manner. From trying to give Warren Oates a wristie in Two-Lane Blacktop to having Debbie Harry write a love song about him & then fuckin' her the man had a hell of a life.
kvltivation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a special screening of Evil Dead 2 with Bruce Campbell last night, it was fucking awesome, now I'm going to see IT in about 30 minutes. Two days in a row at the movies this weekend then two days in a row at Red River family festival next weekend. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Numerator41

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:
And as we were just talking about him... RIP H.D.S.

Fuck. Friend and I were just talking about how he'd probably outlive half the cast of Twin Peaks.
TotalKhaos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of deceased, probably not the right thread, but Basil Gorgos passed away the other day at age 101.
swearengen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Fantastic

Loved it.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Evil Within - there were some pretty neat visual parts, the story was alright too for most of it, or at least the idea... might just have lacked decent acting or something. It felt like it was riding a fine line the whole time, do I like it or not?
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mother!

Movie of the year so far.Amazing performances, great creepy story and top shelf cinematography

---
Recent deals/trades with : Al Infierno, bearsbearsbears , jerry666, lordpazuzu, lunar stele, xyosefx . Feedback on ebay and discogs speaks loud.
Mortado

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlevinKelevra wrote:
Mother!

Movie of the year so far.Amazing performances, great creepy story and top shelf cinematography

Agreed. I had my doubts during the first act but once things got rolling the film was nuts. The third act was seriously over the top. I'm not sure a lot of people are going to understand what the movie really means and I'm not going to get into it here as it would fall into major spoiler country. Understand or not, this is going to seriously offend a lot of people. Christian fundamentalists could be potentially extra outraged Smile
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortado wrote:
SlevinKelevra wrote:
Mother!

Agreed. I had my doubts during the first act but once things got rolling the film was nuts. The third act was seriously over the top. I'm not sure a lot of people are going to understand what the movie really means and I'm not going to get into it here as it would fall into major spoiler country. Understand or not, this is going to seriously offend a lot of people. Christian fundamentalists could be potentially extra outraged Smile

Rex reed sure is irate

---
Recent deals/trades with : Al Infierno, bearsbearsbears , jerry666, lordpazuzu, lunar stele, xyosefx . Feedback on ebay and discogs speaks loud.
Mortado

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlevinKelevra wrote:
Mortado wrote:
SlevinKelevra wrote:
Mother!

Rex reed sure is irate

Wow, he really is. Seems to be an Aranofsky' hater. Anyone who isn't already a fan of Aranofsky's films will hate it. I love everything he's done with the exception of Noah.
Nihilist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortado wrote:
SlevinKelevra wrote:
Mortado wrote:
SlevinKelevra wrote:
Mother!

Rex reed sure is irate

Wow, he really is. Seems to be an Aranofsky' hater. Anyone who isn't already a fan of Aranofsky's films will hate it. I love everything he's done with the exception of Noah.

I witnessed mother! At the 7pm premiere on thursday here in seattle, and Its been on my mind since I went to see it. It's definitely a film that will divide viewers, it goes to absurd extremes at times, so much so that I was surprised Paramount released it. Not a big Jennifer Lawrence fan either, but she was o.k. However, Michelle Pfeiffer killed it in the short time she was on screen. I need to see it again, but at this point it gets a 7 or 8 out of 10 for me. The Wrestler will always be my personal favorite Arronofsky film though.
In The Hour of 11:11...
Nihilist

SLUMBER ROOM= www.novisiblescars.bandcamp.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 527, 528, 529 ... 558, 559, 560  Next
Page 528 of 560

Jump to: