P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Recent movies you watched/bought
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 548, 549, 550 ... 553, 554, 555  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logghi Barogghi wrote:

The Reflecting Skin (1990) ---when over use of symbolism and themes hit the screen and actually work. Love everything about this film. Re-watcing it reminded me I need to grab the DVD for the WS version.

Own it, love it, totally bizarre film.
Buried In Ohio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone here signed up for movie pass or thought about it? Basically from how it's been explained to me you pay a flat monthly fee a la Netflix and you are able to purchase one movie ticket per day. You sign up, they send you a card, you download their app that uses your location. You sign in when you are physically at the theater and they load the amount of money needed for the ticket on to your card. I have a friend who has one and it seems like a pretty awesome deal (while it lasts at least).

There's a list of specific theaters so maybe not worth it if you live in a smaller market but in Chicago the selection seems pretty good. Between the major chain theater releases and all the smaller midnight movie and art house stuff I could easily see a movie a month, which would definitely make it worth it ( I think the current fee is $6.95 a month). I've read some negative press coming from larger theater chains like AMC talking about how they don't like it and potentially want to try and block its use but I can't really figure out why. They're still getting the full price of a ticket and more people in the theater means more potential concession sales. I know I'd definitely be more inclined to buy popcorn or whatever.

anyone have any experience or thoughts?
alex_korrozia1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
Plowed through "Ozark" on netflix. Not perfect, but pretty damn good for a binge watch.

Currently watching Les Revenants/The Returned (French version) on Netflix. Two episodes in and I'm mighty intrigued.

Liked Ozark a lot too. Nerdy bit - whoever did the body double for the freestyle swimming in the river is a smoking fast swimmer. That openwater freestyle was legit.
Luxixul Sumering

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight, movies with my girlfriend.. few weeks ago we watched American History X and I was wondering what other good hate fueled skinhead/ neo-nazi films are there were missing? Hmm so not Romper Stomper, something else we havent seen, as those are the only ones we know of.

Also it can even be about sharps too, we dont give a fuck as long as its skinhead related -- dont know why but these movies get me in the mood, with a cold beer in one hand and popcorn in the other. Very Happy
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luxixul Sumering wrote:
Tonight, movies with my girlfriend.. few weeks ago we watched American History X and I was wondering what other good hate fueled skinhead/ neo-nazi films are there were missing? Hmm so not Romper Stomper, something else we havent seen, as those are the only ones we know of.

Also it can even be about sharps too, we dont give a fuck as long as its skinhead related -- dont know why but these movies get me in the mood, with a cold beer in one hand and popcorn in the other. Very Happy

The Believer is quite good.
Luxixul Sumering

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet dude, imma literally check that out tonight. Hope its good!!! If its better than AHX, this will have me at the edge of my seat.
Too Dark Park

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made in Britain (1982)
candlesmoke

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alcide wrote:
candlesmoke wrote:
Feuersturm wrote:
... In the beginning, what kind of police officer lets a woman just walk over him like that? What was that about?

I guess she simply played the right cards.. you know how powerful the racist label is these days in Western societies (I suppose especially in the U.S.?) and how people go to great lengths to avoid it being pinned on them.

Anyone seen the Mother! yet? Heard good things about it.

MOTHER! is something to be seen, which does not mean that it is good by the way, it is so devoid of subtlety in its message that I ended up speechless, and the violence in the last part of the movie is so outrageous it becomes almost hilarious (well I was laughing while the rest of the audience was protesting and wondering aloud what kind of movie they were seeing...)

So actually it was a tour de force to have a studio finance such a scenario and just for that reason, kudos... But, hell, some parts are so stupid that it defies belief (pun intended for those who have seen it...)...

Oh watch Jimmy Screamerclauz"s WHEN BLACK BIRDS FLY, if you can stomach the rather peculiar visuals... and consider how that movie is close to MOTHER! in some of its themes... I even advised Jimmy to consider sueing...

Good description. Twisted Evil Going to see if MOTHER! is still on at the cinema. Will check When Black Birds Fly as well.
Alcide

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luxixul Sumering wrote:

Here you go:
https://mubi.com/lists/skinheads

You can add the recent Kriegerin: https://mubi.com/films/combat-girls

Oh and this one also: https://mubi.com/films/adams-apples

And this hilariously bad movie featuring Hollywood skinheads, with the Hauser family, where you can actually see a scene where the son literally beats up his father and pisses on him... Remembered me the Argento films where he cannot help but filming his daughter being raped... Cannot remember the name, in France it was released under the name SKIN GANG...
LazerBeast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

started The Punisher on Netflix. Digging it so far. They definitely aren't holding back on Frank killing dudes, that's for sure.
stanooo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New kids turbo and New kids nitro - excellent comedies... can someone recommend some other comedies with this kind of humour?

are there english subtitles for New kids (series) ?
Alcide

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stanooo wrote:
New kids turbo and New kids nitro - excellent comedies... can someone recommend some other comedies with this kind of humour?

From the same authors I guess:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfnzCfFYLic
LuiSlayer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorm wrote:
Blade of the Immortal.

I wasn't aware of that adaptation until I saw a trailer online. As it is with other adaptations, I wasn't expecting much of it, but it is in fact pretty good. Of course the action is faster than it is in the comics, despite the 2h20 duration of the movie, and you don't really get to know the characters. Yet, everything that made the comic what it is remains here.

8/10

I wasn't aware of this too, thanks! Dark Horse are repressing the manga in Omnibus form right now too.
Stranger Things 2 is the best thing ever. Ever.
Deccal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the killing of a sacred deer yesterday. One of the best movies i've seen this year. Totally horrifying.
stanooo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alcide wrote:
stanooo wrote:

From the same authors I guess:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfnzCfFYLic

yes, I saw it... it was good but not as funny as NK

Flodder 1,2,3 was also good
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 548, 549, 550 ... 553, 554, 555  Next
Page 549 of 555

Jump to: