P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Recent movies you watched/bought
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 559, 560, 561 ... 630, 631, 632  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peopleface

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the new Star Wars, thought it was alright.

MAYBE CONSIDERED SPOILER TALK FOR SOME!

Parts are the best looking scenes I've seen in Star Wars and movies in general. Certain scenes that were meant to have more impact were hindered by following scenes that essentially negated what previously just happened. Also I think the editing was jumpy shit for the first 20-30 min. Felt like there were no real conversations for half of the movie just a few lines and then onto the next group of people which bored me. Some great world building stuff... and some not so great shit that made no sense
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched Bone Tomahawk! Old man Snake Plissken, cripple discount Elvis, guy from Party Of Five and someone else go after innocent natives who were stocking their pantry for the winter. Basically starts off as a western, then takes a turn for survival horror, albeit sans the horror. What is to come is expected, but sliding from one type of movie to another still reminded me a little bit of From Dusk Till Dawn.

I appreciated the honest brutality here. It's actually pretty lifelike in its depiction of violence. I really liked how the action, when it happens, just happens as suddenly and mercilessly to the viewer as it does to the characters, without being paraded with soundtrack bombast or other cues. When you get showered in a hail of arrows mid sentence, you probably didn't expect it. The villains are left largely a mystery, and there's a clear division between their near brainless, instinctive behavior and the wit of the protagonists, so it becomes a brains vs. brawn type of thing.

Kurt Russell rules the film, but the cast is great and I believed Arthur, played by Elvis, played by Patrick Wilson (from The Conjuring movies, stop following me) was indeed in a lot of pain. The era makes the whole journey feel like a suicide mission where something hurts and gets infected all the time, but shit needs to get done even if it kills you.
Buried In Ohio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were parts of the new Star Wars I enjoyed though overall I was pretty disappointed. Most of the comedic one liners felt very forced and totally took away from the tone of certain characters. It's one thing to have FN or K-2S0 crack jokes every now and then because that's in their character. When it's Rey or Poe it feels very ham fisted. The opening scene seemed more like Spaceballs than Starwars.

The pacing of the whole movie seemed very off. The whole thing seemed bloated and would probably have benefited with some heavy editing (especially the script). A lot of the plot points seemed to only exist to move the story along and you had certain characters acting in ways that might not have made sense. Say what you will about the prequels but over the course of the three movies I always felt they were a single story being told. This one felt more like a stand alone movie that picked up where The force awakens left off.

And that Leia space scene was terrible

that being said I believe there were positives and I felt the movie was much better towards the end. Specifically the final encounter was for the most part enjoyable. Im interested to see where things go from here though for me this movie was a step in the wrong direction. I hope for the next one they tighten up the script/story as well as dial back the sassy one liners and sight gags.
mithrandir

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teh Last Jedi - Leah flies thru space out of 10! yeah, this was disaster, almost laughably so....
Alcide

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DEVIL'S CANDY: Is it me or have I just seen a christian propaganda film taking a waterdown version of metal into hostage? Just layers of clichés upons clichés...

LEATHERFACE: How come those two French directors seem to regress film after film? No that bad but just so random... Made me feel want to re-watch the fourth opus, both fascinating and hilarious especially for you know who starring inside, delivering the acting performance of a lifetime...
Oh actually it was fun to see the old guy from RAZOR BLADE, who has barely gotten old in two decades...

STARRY EYES: Good! especially watchable in these days of Hollywood new witch hunt, for it is one of the themes of the movie... Does not reinvent the wheel indeed, but brings a fresh view with old tools, and was pleasantly surprised by the end that at least does not hide behind morality... Change and consume yourself, die and become...
The Missing Link

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daddy's Home 2- as funny as the 1st
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark : excellent, can't recommend enough.
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Missing Link wrote:
Daddy's Home 2- as funny as the 1st

so.... not funny at all?

---
Recent deals/trades with : Al Infierno, bearsbearsbears ,Hidden38, jerry666, lordpazuzu, lunar stele, snakenuts, xyosefx .

Feedback on ebay and discogs speaks loud.
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made it an entire day to watch The Punisher series. Good gore, good acting, emotional storyline and not an atypical ending. Looking forward to watching what develops next.
jonny

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark
Godless
Babylon Berlin

all excellent and highly recommended
LazerBeast

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hymnsoftheneedlefreak wrote:
Made it an entire day to watch The Punisher series. Good gore, good acting, emotional storyline and not an atypical ending. Looking forward to watching what develops next.

I'm glad they set up Jigsaw at the end of this season so he can be ready to roll next season.
Snark Shark

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, weird, and entertaining!

Not really scary, though.
Hallucinogen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched TLJ. Pretty good for a Star Wars movie. Easily better better than the last one. It's still Star Wars though, so it still kinda sucks, but I was mildly entertained as opposed to feeling like I'm watching cinematic diarrhea.
Snark Shark

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chunks wrote:
Snark Shark wrote:

Good, solidly entertaining action movie! Better than Rambo 2.

working my way back through all the Rambos this weekend, the most recent one was so sick.

Yes, I liked the fourth one, too!

The Missing Link wrote:
Snark Shark wrote:

Good, solidly entertaining action movie! Better than Rambo 2.

Respectfully disagree. I find part 3 boring and sluggish compared to 2.

Shocked it's non-stop (almost) action! TANK VS. HELICOPTER CLIMAX! Very Happy

I don't hate 2 at all... I just found it a little flat.
treebeard

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazerBeast wrote:
hymnsoftheneedlefreak wrote:

I'm glad they set up Jigsaw at the end of this season so he can be ready to roll next season.

Agreed with both of you. And it was so insanely brutal how they set Jigsaw up, too. Wow, just wow... you could almost feel that broken glass... Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 559, 560, 561 ... 630, 631, 632  Next
Page 560 of 632

Jump to: