P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Cvlting in south France

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vitriol666

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:16 am    Post subject: Cvlting in south France Reply with quote

Maybe some frenchies here can recommend me rock/metal related clubs, stores, venues, websites in south France, cote d'azur region around Cannes, Nice, Marseille.
Moving there for a longer stay. Metal wise the area seems pretty dead, but at least I found out that Carpenter Brute plays Nice in November.
Humus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it still exists but I think Drakkar records used to have a physical shop somewhere down south?
Vitriol666

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Info!
The website says:
Drakkar Productions Webshop & Metal Shop: Extreme Metal Online Store Black/ Death/ Thrash
10 rue Louis Blanc
12100 - Millau

I give it a visit when I am around in Montpellier.
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact the Drakkar crew before going to be sure there will be Noktu to greet you when you come!

In Nice visit Hit Import if they're still open! The shop sells all kind of music but always had a small but good selection of Metal records when I visited back then. The second-hand section was worth visiting too.
Don't expect miracles but it's probably the sole shop worth visiting IMO!

In Montpellier there's nothing good. I go there at least once a year and the city has become very poor in terms of record stores. Maybe try the 2nd-hand store O'CD but finding something good is pure luck! I found VIRGIN STEELE's Invictus CD for €7 a few weeks ago there.
There's the Gibert Joseph chain (mostly a bookstore) too but their shop in Montpellier offers nothing good since ages. Their shops in bigger cities like Lyon or Paris are way more interesting, at least when I came last.

I didn't go to Marseille for shops since a long time but the shops were overpriced. Sabretooth had some gems but expect eBay/Discogs prices!

Enjoy the beaches, the good food, the climate - beware of the heavy rains in Autumn though - , avoid the tourist traps too, but apart from the Drakkar shop and Hit Import don't loose your time IMO.

Check this website for shows: http://sueurdemetal.com/ . It's not 100 % complete, but you'll get good info there.

There's this Heavy-Metal festival too : https://www.southtroopersfestival.fr/ too. I'll most probably assist, on Saturday only because of work.

Last edited by Xeniteia on Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Ethylic Overkill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystifier plays in Nice the 9th november.

And indeed Hit Import (rue Lépante) is the best choice for Metal in Nice even if the choice decreased a bit with time.

In Cannes, there's Discotis (rond point Duboys d'Angers), little shop, nearly only vinyl, but interesting choice in Hard Rock / old Heavy Metal (including some bootlegs) and a bit of old school Thrash Metal. Found there my Sepultura "Bestial Devastation" LP for a fair price there few years ago.
Vitriol666

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for your recommendations. Really appreciate that!
Pretty sure to be spending too much money on the stores you mentioned Twisted Evil. Probably spending the next couple of years in that area, so that are some nice staring points to dig into that scene.

The Mystifier gig will be a mandatory visit.
South Troopers sounds interesting but probably won't fit my schedule.
Gathering Stones

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Aix-en-Provence, there is a "rock bar" called the sunset Café, which has metal nights.

I chatted with the guys from Blessed in Sin there, cruising for goth pussy, quite a few local musicians would hang out there.

I don't know if it still exists, but there was a Bandidos biker bar / clubhouse north of Marseille where they had some good local black metal shows back in the day. I can't remember the name for the life of me, but maybe someone at the sunset will know or will be able to point you towards a newer version of that.
Ough

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Soleil Blanc pokes his head itt, do the opposite of whatever he says.
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow these guys, who are located in Avignon - Sebastian and his crew are some of the most die hard guys I know and they will appreciate some new blood:

https://www.facebook.com/volumebrutalassociation/
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gathering Stones wrote:
In Aix-en-Provence, there is a "rock bar" called the sunset Café, which has metal nights.

I chatted with the guys from Blessed in Sin there, cruising for goth pussy, quite a few local musicians would hang out there.

I don't know if it still exists, but there was a Bandidos biker bar / clubhouse north of Marseille where they had some good local black metal shows back in the day. I can't remember the name for the life of me, but maybe someone at the sunset will know or will be able to point you towards a newer version of that.

Oh, I know of this place, but Aix-en-Provence being what it is, I maybe went there one when I was in the area and I'd better go to a good restaurant than to any place Metal related there. The BiS guys being there hunting for goth pussy doesn't surprise me though. :Wink

The place in Marseille is probably "Le Local", if it's still open. There were great shows sometimes there, and they were a replacement place when the ARGHOSLENT show had to move due to antifa/jealousy reasons. I forgot to mention them. Embarassed

I never went to other Metal-related pubs in Marseille but none had good reports from my local acquaintances.
morkgryner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't make it myself but they deliver every year a great line up
https://www.facebook.com/pyrenean.metal
Soleil Blanc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:

NEVER GO TO MARSEILLE

Laughing
Squatz_n_oatz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soleil Blanc wrote:
Ough wrote:

NEVER GO TO MARSEILLE

Laughing

Ok I laughed Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: