P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Immolation - Here In After LP (NOTVD) pressing fuck-up?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
So far they've released over a hundred records and only a handful of them had issues, which again GZ media and not NOTVD should be blamed for for the most part. No one ever mentions the great quality of their Sodom/Benediction/Bulldozer/Artillery etc releases though.

It may be GZ's mistake, but that's what test pressings are for. Why run a vinyl label and then not listen to the test press for problems?

Also, excluding that Asphyx song was inexcusable.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
maniact666

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they have to make quick money. no time to waste
darkdescentrecords

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't this label do an Asphyx album and left off a track instead of doing a 2lp?
darkdescentrecords

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:

Well they usually do fairly big bands which would easily sell more than 500 units so I don't think that's the problem here. Although it's true that even 300 copies can be too many for certain bands - see the Avulsed lp they did, they pressed like 350 of them three years ago and it still hasn't sold out.

It is hard to feel sorry for them sitting on stock because they don't really make their titles available to other than a couple distributors. Unless you have a super popular release, it is difficult to sell pressings alone without moving copies to distributors.
The_Elite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyosefx wrote:
NK7 wrote:
So far they've released over a hundred records and only a handful of them had issues, which again GZ media and not NOTVD should be blamed for for the most part. No one ever mentions the great quality of their Sodom/Benediction/Bulldozer/Artillery etc releases though.

It may be GZ's mistake, but that's what test pressings are for. Why run a vinyl label and then not listen to the test press for problems?

Also, excluding that Asphyx song was inexcusable.

Has absolutely nothing to do with GZ- they will always get in contact if a master is corrupt and obviously it's the labels responsibility to listen to test presses and get them recut if anything is wrong. Immolation is due to the label not bothering to listen to their testpresses, missing songs are due to incompetance or more likely trying to save money putting out a single lp instead of a double so their profit margins are even bigger on their 'limited' releases. Fuck them. Hopefully most of the stuff will get repressed by better labels sooner rather than later.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the first label which fucks a couple of releases up, won't be the last, personally the limited edition thing annoys me more than a missing song on some Asphyx record, to press just 300 copies of that old Kreator live they recently did is just dumb.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcos has a nearly autistic obsession with hating GZ, so despite this label being run by fucktards without quality control, it's going to always come back to GZ for him.
moonan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The crypt should put out a few of the Immolation albums on vinyl most of the albums are very hard to find for decent prices.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to some of you it would seem like everything they put out is complete rubbish, which obviously isn't the case. They did an amazing job with pretty much all their releases except for those 3-4 albums repeatedly mentioned in the thread. That doesn't take away from the excellent quality of the Sodom, Mercyful Fate, Annihilator, Benedicion etc albums

Quote:
The crypt should put out a few of the Immolation albums on vinyl most of the albums are very hard to find for decent prices.

Yeah and charge 30+ for a poster you'll never hang and five demo songs you'll never listen to.
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonan wrote:

This. I'd love to see Ted do some Immolation... maybe a box set of the demos & the first 2 albums Twisted Evil

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
moonan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyosefx wrote:
moonan wrote:

This. I'd love to see Ted do some Immolation... maybe a box set of the demos & the first 2 albums Twisted Evil

And don't forget Unholy Cult
msp666

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd label. I'm not sure how they come to their decisions on quantities to press. I mentioned it before in other topics but releasing those Saxon lp's in quantities of 333 or so was ridiculous. Then to cap it all off none seemed to make it into the usual distros, only Greek sellers on ebay charging 80 EUR a pop Evil or Very Mad
As my crushed bowels evacuate much to my dismay...
Bach

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msp666 wrote:
Odd label. I'm not sure how they come to their decisions on quantities to press. I mentioned it before in other topics but releasing those Saxon lp's in quantities of 333 or so was ridiculous. Then to cap it all off none seemed to make it into the usual distros, only Greek sellers on ebay charging 80 EUR a pop Evil or Very Mad

Why repress Saxon LPs when you can get originals for under $10??
msp666

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bach wrote:
msp666 wrote:

I'm talking about the "Metalhead" and "Killing ground " albums from the late 90's and early 00's that NOTVD released. These were their first time on vinyl.

The lp's from the 80's can be found anywhere
As my crushed bowels evacuate much to my dismay...
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bach wrote:
msp666 wrote:

The Saxon records they did had never been pressed on vinyl before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: