P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Immolation - Here In After LP (NOTVD) pressing fuck-up?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bach

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Gotcha. I thought these were the represses I see at HHR all the time.
wasteland

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Yeah and charge 30+ for a poster you'll never hang and five demo songs you'll never listen to.

And vinyl mastering, and high quality sleeves, and non-pixelated artwork (sometimes entirely new, e.g. Centinex), and previously unseen pics, and actual care and thought put into the releases...

I paid about the same price for 'Subconscious Lobotomy' and 'Malleus Maleficarum' ($1.75 difference) and it's blatantly obvious which is the higher quality release.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasteland wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Yeah and charge 30+ for a poster you'll never hang and five demo songs you'll never listen to.

And vinyl mastering, and high quality sleeves, and non-pixelated artwork (sometimes entirely new, e.g. Centinex), and previously unseen pics, and actual care and thought put into the releases....

Tastes differ. I'd much rather pay 15-20 for a regular reissue, no fancy 3lp editions, no bonus tracks/posters/stickers whatsoever instead of having to fork out three times as much to listen to Malice on vinyl. Give me a decently pressed lp with its own original artwork and lyrics, that's all I really need to enjoy metal.
ADB

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate (tee hee hee) and actually admit that I like special editions and I don't mind paying a bit more for them. I don't need them for every release, but for those releases I would personally rate as a 9 or 10 I like to get a special treatment for them with stickers, patches, posters, etc. It's like a commemorative edition for me Wink
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADB wrote:
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate (tee hee hee) and actually admit that I like special editions and I don't mind paying a bit more for them. I don't need them for every release, but for those releases I would personally rate as a 9 or 10 I like to get a special treatment for them with stickers, patches, posters, etc. It's like a commemorative edition for me Wink

The thing is, these days special editions have become more common than regular lps which as far as I'm concerned took away all the magic of it. Why can't all vinyls be done the way Peaceville makes them for their Darkthrone albums? Anti-static record, sleeve with lyrics, no fancy crap and labels that are properly black and not grey like they make them in that plant. Call me an old fart but having to fight three lps back into multiple-opening sleeves while trying to fit there posters, pins and whatnot isn't my idea of a satisfying listening experience.
ADB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll agree with you there, if the special edition is more common than the standard edition, it's not very special is it? However, if it's a collectors edition where every pressing has the same cool shit, I don't have a problem with that.
darkdescentrecords

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should just all drive the same vehicles and eat the same food too. Hopefully they will adopt a standard LP packaging format and make it illegal to deviate from this.
vociferous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkdescentrecords wrote:
We should just all drive the same vehicles and eat the same food too. Hopefully they will adopt a standard LP packaging format and make it illegal to deviate from this.

I'm on board so long as we also poop the same. E. Coli equality!
ADB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vociferous wrote:
darkdescentrecords wrote:

I'm on board so long as we also poop the same. E. Coli equality!

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: