P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Why some distros or labels add extra fees in the Post rates?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Der_Onkel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Why some distros or labels add extra fees in the Post rates? Reply with quote

Have you ever noticed that you pay for the S&H fees an amount and when you get the package in the post rates (upper right corner) appears a lower amount?
BBQ Booking

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Why some distros or labels add extra fees in the Post ra Reply with quote

Der_Onkel wrote:

Have you ever noticed that you pay for the S&H fees an amount and when you get the package in the post rates (upper right corner) appears a lower amount?

PayPal fees, if the store host has a fee, packaging, etc...
Der_Onkel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Why some distros or labels add extra fees in the Post ra Reply with quote

BBQ Booking wrote:
Der_Onkel wrote:

PayPal fees, if the store host has a fee, packaging, etc...

Well that's right but that should to be explained as well, to avoid misunderstandings, don't you think so?
MoshItUp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right...there's the shipping and then the handling. (packing, boxes, fuel.) ups does it. ever notice the ups fee if you live in a rural area? handling fees are normal, but they should be within reason, not an excessive amount.
Der_Onkel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoshItUp wrote:
right...there's the shipping and then the handling. (packing, boxes, fuel.) ups does it. ever notice the ups fee if you live in a rural area? handling fees are normal, but they should be within reason, not an excessive amount.

Well I understand that, but I live in a city and I never received before an extra fee, the thing is that I posted this because a small distro asked me for 40.00 Euros as a Post fee but when I got the package in the Post fee appeared just 25.20 Euro.
Der_Onkel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Der_Onkel wrote:
MoshItUp wrote:

Well I understand that, but I live in a city and I never received before an extra fee, the thing is that I posted this because a small distro asked me for 40.00 Euros as a Post fee but when I got the package in the Post fee appeared just 25.20 Euro.

Do you understand my point of view?
Cacique

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do charge handling expenses (envelopes, boxes, mailers, etc... ) and paypal fees as well, and yes, maybe some make a small profit on it as well... Cool
Der_Onkel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cacique wrote:
They do charge handling expenses (envelopes, boxes, mailers, etc... ) and paypal fees as well, and yes, maybe some make a small profit on it as well... Cool

Well your point is understandably but anyway, those charges must be braked down.
Cacique

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should write that distro and ask why they did it.
Der_Onkel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cacique wrote:
You should write that distro and ask why they did it.

That's what I did indeed. But if I don't receive a coherent answer, I will post the name of that distro, because that for me is not honest.
Cacique

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chingatelos!
Zone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering the same thing. SKR charges a Jewish amount for shipping either for unspecified fees or just a minor profit, I think it was like 6 dollars shipping for my copy of Mercy's Witchburner. Great label, great stock of OOP stuff, but incredibly heeb shipping costs
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You pay more so they don't.

Plus generally shipping added by websites (when buying from the automated store) is not always accurate, it is estimated. Maybe to a little higher so once again the vendor don't go broke by under charging.

If it is simply by a dollar or so more, hardly a issue... I think it is within reason to understand the reason why (automated estimating from store)
If it is by ten or fifteen dollars more... quit shopping at fucking ebay. Laughing
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If some poor kunt is sitting there packing records/cds all night long after his day job, then he deserves that extra 2 an order. It's not a deal breaker.

Can understand people charging paypal fees, especially through ebay. started doing it too.
Lowendtorture

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zone wrote:
I was wondering the same thing. SKR charges a Jewish amount for shipping either for unspecified fees or just a minor profit, I think it was like 6 dollars shipping for my copy of Mercy's Witchburner. Great label, great stock of OOP stuff, but incredibly heeb shipping costs

You are aware that this is a flat rate? It's a bit high (not really) if you order one (1) item, but again it sucks to ship just one item. Now if you order say five (5) items, the price is still $6 or say you order 100, still $6. Personally I think SKR has the best shipping options available in the US for buying multiple items. Try ordering multiple items from cmdistro or earacheUSA, now those are gouging shipping rates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: