P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Why some distros or labels add extra fees in the Post rates?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Der_Onkel



Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 20
Location: Mexico

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Why some distros or labels add extra fees in the Post rates? Reply with quote

Why some distros or labels add extra fees in the Post rates?

Have you ever noticed that you pay for the S&H fees an amount and when you get the package in the post rates (upper right corner) appears a lower amount?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
BBQ Booking



Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1008
Location: New York City

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Why some distros or labels add extra fees in the Post ra Reply with quote

Der_Onkel wrote:
Why some distros or labels add extra fees in the Post rates?

Have you ever noticed that you pay for the S&H fees an amount and when you get the package in the post rates (upper right corner) appears a lower amount?


PayPal fees, if the store host has a fee, packaging, etc...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Der_Onkel



Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 20
Location: Mexico

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Why some distros or labels add extra fees in the Post ra Reply with quote

BBQ Booking wrote:
Der_Onkel wrote:
Why some distros or labels add extra fees in the Post rates?

Have you ever noticed that you pay for the S&H fees an amount and when you get the package in the post rates (upper right corner) appears a lower amount?


PayPal fees, if the store host has a fee, packaging, etc...


Well that's right but that should to be explained as well, to avoid misunderstandings, don't you think so?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
MoshItUp



Joined: 12 Nov 2012
Posts: 53
Location: The City of Wind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right...there's the shipping and then the handling. (packing, boxes, fuel.) ups does it. ever notice the ups fee if you live in a rural area? handling fees are normal, but they should be within reason, not an excessive amount.
_________________
Sick Boy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Der_Onkel



Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 20
Location: Mexico

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoshItUp wrote:
right...there's the shipping and then the handling. (packing, boxes, fuel.) ups does it. ever notice the ups fee if you live in a rural area? handling fees are normal, but they should be within reason, not an excessive amount.


Well I understand that, but I live in a city and I never received before an extra fee, the thing is that I posted this because a small distro asked me for 40.00 Euros as a Post fee but when I got the package in the Post fee appeared just 25.20 Euro.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Der_Onkel



Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 20
Location: Mexico

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Der_Onkel wrote:
MoshItUp wrote:
right...there's the shipping and then the handling. (packing, boxes, fuel.) ups does it. ever notice the ups fee if you live in a rural area? handling fees are normal, but they should be within reason, not an excessive amount.


Well I understand that, but I live in a city and I never received before an extra fee, the thing is that I posted this because a small distro asked me for 40.00 Euros as a Post fee but when I got the package in the Post fee appeared just 25.20 Euro.


Do you understand my point of view?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Cacique



Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 664

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do charge handling expenses (envelopes, boxes, mailers, etc... ) and paypal fees as well, and yes, maybe some make a small profit on it as well... Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Der_Onkel



Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 20
Location: Mexico

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cacique wrote:
They do charge handling expenses (envelopes, boxes, mailers, etc... ) and paypal fees as well, and yes, maybe some make a small profit on it as well... Cool


Well your point is understandably but anyway, those charges must be braked down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Cacique



Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 664

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should write that distro and ask why they did it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Der_Onkel



Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 20
Location: Mexico

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cacique wrote:
You should write that distro and ask why they did it.


That's what I did indeed. But if I don't receive a coherent answer, I will post the name of that distro, because that for me is not honest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Cacique



Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 664

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chingatelos!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zone



Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 1093
Location: United Christianized States of America

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering the same thing. SKR charges a Jewish amount for shipping either for unspecified fees or just a minor profit, I think it was like 6 dollars shipping for my copy of Mercy's Witchburner. Great label, great stock of OOP stuff, but incredibly heeb shipping costs
_________________
Kojiri wrote:
2. It's unhealthy to not be able to name an actor or pop-culture figure but be able to name 88 Romanian black metal projects off the top of your head. It screams Rain Man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 5803

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You pay more so they don't.

Plus generally shipping added by websites (when buying from the automated store) is not always accurate, it is estimated. Maybe to a little higher so once again the vendor don't go broke by under charging.

If it is simply by a dollar or so more, hardly a issue... I think it is within reason to understand the reason why (automated estimating from store)
If it is by ten or fifteen dollars more... quit shopping at fucking ebay. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Weltering in Blood



Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 2149
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If some poor kunt is sitting there packing records/cds all night long after his day job, then he deserves that extra 2 an order. It's not a deal breaker.

Can understand people charging paypal fees, especially through ebay. started doing it too.
_________________
WANT LIST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lowendtorture



Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 115

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zone wrote:
I was wondering the same thing. SKR charges a Jewish amount for shipping either for unspecified fees or just a minor profit, I think it was like 6 dollars shipping for my copy of Mercy's Witchburner. Great label, great stock of OOP stuff, but incredibly heeb shipping costs


You are aware that this is a flat rate? It's a bit high (not really) if you order one (1) item, but again it sucks to ship just one item. Now if you order say five (5) items, the price is still $6 or say you order 100, still $6. Personally I think SKR has the best shipping options available in the US for buying multiple items. Try ordering multiple items from cmdistro or earacheUSA, now those are gouging shipping rates.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group