P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Dissection worship/trivia thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically they're from Strömstad though.
Nosferatu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strömstad yes, moved to Gothenburg later.
Frozen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candlemass wrote:
I'm resurrecting this thread just to say I've been a complete fucking retard for listening to idiots who compared Reinkaos to gay swedish shit and therefore not giving the album a chance until recently. What a GREAT fucking album!

Hallelujah!
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's taken years, but everyone is coming to realize what a monument of an album Reinkaos actually is. Jon didn't give a fuck what the fans of the old or anyone else in the metal public cared about, he made the album that purley described his life, beliefs, and dedication to the black arts. You can hear the passion and emotion he put into the album within every note, riff, lyric line and melody. THAT'S what makes this band stand out among others. Jon was a trailblazer and set his own standards.
Laugh At Your Corpse

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
rauta wrote:
Googled youtube in flames and the first hit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLjSzwFa4QI

Production, clean (i.e. silent) guitar breaks, "heavy" riffing topped with melancholic lead melodies, emphasis on the bounce-enabling rhythmic elements in the arrangements, hell even the vocalist sounds similar enough at times.

I really don't know why people get so bent out of shape when they are told Reinkaos sounds similar to In Flames. Why is it a bad thing?

Because it doesn't, it's mainly the cleaner production of Reinkaos which misleads people into linking it to the Gothenburg style. In Flames' sound relies on happy melodies, sort of Hammerfall/Nocturnal Rites on steroids, almost pop-like arrangements etc. Reinkaos is a much darker, blackened heavy metal album with monster riffing and insanely killer refrains/obscure vibe, vocals also are a completely different thing compared to In Flames.

As stated in a previous post, people who dislike the album are usually young norsecore enthusiasts who got introduced to metal through modern blastbeat noise and would probably call "gay" anything that doesn't at least partially resemble that style.

36 years old life long metal fan who doesn't listen to norsecore and has been a fan of Dissection from the early days. Reinkaos was a huge disappointment and still is. It absolutely does sound like In Flames/Dark Tranquility and all the other melodic cookie cutter Gothenberg bullshit. It has none of the style, balls or originality of the first two albums. It's really on par with the type of shit Arch Enemy fans would listen to.
Candlemass

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh At Your Corpse wrote:
NK7 wrote:
rauta wrote:

Production, clean (i.e. silent) guitar breaks, "heavy" riffing topped with melancholic lead melodies, emphasis on the bounce-enabling rhythmic elements in the arrangements, hell even the vocalist sounds similar enough at times.

I really don't know why people get so bent out of shape when they are told Reinkaos sounds similar to In Flames. Why is it a bad thing?

Because it doesn't, it's mainly the cleaner production of Reinkaos which misleads people into linking it to the Gothenburg style. In Flames' sound relies on happy melodies, sort of Hammerfall/Nocturnal Rites on steroids, almost pop-like arrangements etc. Reinkaos is a much darker, blackened heavy metal album with monster riffing and insanely killer refrains/obscure vibe, vocals also are a completely different thing compared to In Flames.

As stated in a previous post, people who dislike the album are usually young norsecore enthusiasts who got introduced to metal through modern blastbeat noise and would probably call "gay" anything that doesn't at least partially resemble that style.

36 years old life long metal fan who doesn't listen to norsecore and has been a fan of Dissection from the early days. Reinkaos was a huge disappointment and still is. It absolutely does sound like In Flames/Dark Tranquility and all the other melodic cookie cutter Gothenberg bullshit. It has none of the style, balls or originality of the first two albums. It's really on par with the type of shit Arch Enemy fans would listen to.

*kicks the scottish DRESS wearing fairy out of the hall*

Last edited by Candlemass on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Laugh At Your Corpse

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candlemass wrote:
NK7 wrote:
rauta wrote:

*This place reeks of newcomer and poseur*

How can you smell anything beyond the smell of your shit taste in music?
Candlemass

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candlemass wrote:
NK7 wrote:
rauta wrote:

Ouch! Smile

Go try out some summer fashion skirts, kid.
Laugh At Your Corpse

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candlemass wrote:
Candlemass wrote:
NK7 wrote:
rauta wrote:

Ouch! Smile

Go try out some summer fashion skirts, kid.

Haha! Another internet tough guy who would otherwise do anything possible to avoid a confrontation with if we were face to face. Go back to the mall and hang yourself by your Children of Bodem panties.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a problem with people disliking the album, but to say it sounds like In Flames just isn't correct for the reasons explained above. The production might have something in common with that scene but the songwriting is on a completely different plan.
Laugh At Your Corpse

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:

I don't have a problem with people disliking the album, but to say it sounds like In Flames just isn't correct for the reasons explained above. The production might have something in common with that scene but the songwriting is on a completely different plan.

The reasons above are why I feel it is greatly inferior to their previous releases. The reason why I and countless others think it sounds like In Flames, is because it sounds like In Flames. It's the songwriting specifically that makes it that way.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok dude, whatever floats your boat. No point arguing with a deaf retard, even if he's 36.
Candlemass

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:

The reasons above are why I feel it is greatly inferior to their previous releases. The reason why I and countless others think it sounds like In Flames, is because it sounds like In Flames. It's the songwriting specifically that makes it that way.

Your people wear skirts.
Laugh At Your Corpse

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candlemass wrote:
NK7 wrote:

Your people wear skirts.

Could be worse, could be a witless dullard who pays shemales to give him rectal exams like yourself.
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: