P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

WULKANAZ - HNI Tape Repress Out Now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikael

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vega360 wrote:

I used to be one of those "underground isn't more money/profit/whatever" peoples but usually when that is your mindset you find yourself buying shit you don't ever listen to, and the point of the actual music becomes lost. Plus if you ever want to interact and deal with people who don't persay share the "our music is only for the chosen people" ideals, you will sound like a retard and they won't take you serioulsy.

Well, you jumped to "customers" point of view instead of the bands I was writing about. Not all bands want to move to bigger labels etc, I'm sure the current UG has a lot of bands that would've been welcomed to bigger labels, but they decide otherwise for various reasons. What ever the reasons are, they're not searching for bigger audience, but stays where they prefer to stay.

Vega360 wrote:

Just ask the guy behind Terrorwolfe, he will more then likely tell you that I am unserious child who's got no fucking clue what's he's doing and can't be taken seriously.

Sorry, I have zero knowledge about you, your label or Terrorwolfe.
Vega360

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikael wrote:
Vega360 wrote:

I used to be one of those "underground isn't more money/profit/whatever" peoples but usually when that is your mindset you find yourself buying shit you don't ever listen to, and the point of the actual music becomes lost. Plus if you ever want to interact and deal with people who don't persay share the "our music is only for the chosen people" ideals, you will sound like a retard and they won't take you serioulsy.

Well, you jumped to "customers" point of view instead of the bands I was writing about. Not all bands want to move to bigger labels etc, I'm sure the current UG has a lot of bands that would've been welcomed to bigger labels, but they decide otherwise for various reasons. What ever the reasons are, they're not searching for bigger audience, but stays where they prefer to stay.

Vega360 wrote:

Just ask the guy behind Terrorwolfe, he will more then likely tell you that I am unserious child who's got no fucking clue what's he's doing and can't be taken seriously.

Sorry, I have zero knowledge about you, your label or Terrorwolfe.

I'm not debating with you specifically, I'm trying to talk to everyone reading this.

As I said there are bands that don't want to become bigger/people who want to own shit that isn't everywhere. That too me really doesn't make a lot of sense, but for some people it does and makes them happy. I understand this, people then do lose out, and can find other bands that probably sound the same. If not I doubt it will cause them zero physical harm.

My issue, is there are releases that masquerade under the banner of what you described.

Ex "We do 100 copies because we don't want a lot of people to have it"

Yet then those people/labels/bands go tell everyone about it and promote it as if it were a real release and not a private pressing. It sells out in a day and then goes straight to ebay. If it's private it should stay private, if it spoken of to the public then they should be able to get it. If the public is a mass horde of people who want to buy it, and you tell them about they should be able to get it.

It's like taking 10 meals to a homeless shelter of 100 starving people and saying "we got food" how do you think the other 90 feel?
www.vinlandspecialservices.bandcamp.com
www.vinlandss.wordpress.com
www.ilsakoch.wordpress.com
derelict

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's like taking 10 meals to a homeless shelter of 100 starving people and saying "we got food" how do you think the other 90 feel?

Not sure this analogy is sound. Food to maintain physical existence is surely not the same as cassette releases to maintain ones own materialism. If anything, perhaps missing limited releases all of the time leads some to not care so much about possessions. I'm not sure this is really a bad thing.

Certainly one chooses if they want to be a slave to these sorts of things and if one steps back to look at the bigger picture, these things are hardly relevant anyway. In other words, if anyone someone misses out and is upset about it, then perhaps ones priorities of life are completely ass backwards. These are just cassette tapes, so why care that much, its really just a waste of time and life.
dumbnoise

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sure there will be rips available for those who weren't able to buy the tape.
derelict

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to further drive the point, if everything was download, i.e. not resellable and not physical, then we'd probably just care about the music for musics sake. We wouldn't have shelves of tape (and the want of) bogging us down.

Perhaps the "purest" approach would be that, it would definitely avoid the entanglements of physical materialism with the flipper mentality and rabid fanboyism. Just a thought.
Ough

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wish I could have snagged a copy Sad
Myrkwidr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cursed Emperor wrote:
I managed to snatch a copy away, but I still can't figure out how it is possible for such an obscure band to sell over 100 copies of a tape in less than one day. The collecting madness these days is unbelievable.

Of course the collecting madness these days is very big, but when you post a release with around 150 copies on a forum, that is accessable to maniacs all around the world I think itīs no problem to finf that many people interested into it.
Gruwel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myrkwidr wrote:
Cursed Emperor wrote:
I managed to snatch a copy away, but I still can't figure out how it is possible for such an obscure band to sell over 100 copies of a tape in less than one day. The collecting madness these days is unbelievable.

Of course the collecting madness these days is very big, but when you post a release with around 150 copies on a forum, that is accessable to maniacs all around the world I think itīs no problem to finf that many people interested into it.

Yeah, sometimes it's hard to realise but 150 people really isn't much. It reminds me of how Nidrosian Black Mass was sold out in a couple of hours. There's easily a couple hundred people that frequently browse this forum alone.
Soth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wulkanaz rules. So that's the reason why it sold out that fast.
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I didn't spend my day online yesterday and missed out on this. Any distro has it maybe? Thanks.
ravn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just listen to Gennjan þramiz...
this is just great!
cant wait to get my copy!

this is one of the best underground bands lately...!
fuck the haters!
blacksun__,moonan__Kerker_aus_zeit(X3)__the Chosen__alhaz__probert__iscariah__cursed blood__SerpentOfTheVoid__NWNPROD__haldarn_throneofashes_Ironwood_Vowels_tehomapzu_skygge_Paria_Svartavingar_aetergap_grav_ Desolation Path
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the email for this after returning home from a night of drinking, but passed out before ordering. When I woke up there were 3 copies left, whew!
In Solitude

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:

First time hearing of this label, also. Will be keeping up!
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Solitude wrote:
Ough wrote:

Great label. The Lutomysl tape he released is highly recommended.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
danofort

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyosefx wrote:
In Solitude wrote:
Ough wrote:

Great label. The Lutomysl tape he released is highly recommended.

And then some. That Lutomysl tape is one of the best flat out black metal releases I've heard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: