P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Problem with Priority Mail International ??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scentofdeath

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Problem with Priority Mail International ?? Reply with quote

Ordered a big one from Blue Collar Distro (US) to Canada, they shipped with Priority Mail International, but the tracking shows it's stuck in Chicago since November 17.

Blue Collar says it's not returned to them, but I still didn't get it either.

Anyone ever had any problems with Priority Mail?
Any similar experience?

Both senders and receivers, PLEASE, I would really appreciate your input or advice.

Thank you in advance.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's christmas time. That's the only explanation.
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.

"You can't hide the hook!"
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
abysmal.lord

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scentofdeath

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:

Yeah but Priority Mail travels fast. It's been shipped November 15, should have been in my hands in under 2 weeks - that's before the 1st of December.

Meanwhile I'm receiving loads of First Class Mail orders, which are slower than priority, and they don't seem to be obstructed by "Christmas".

I was hoping someone had a troubleshoot experience with Priority Mail, excluding Christmas...
Weltbrand

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent something to Australia recently via Priority Mail. What should have taken a week took over a month, but it did arrive.
darkdescentrecords

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell the Blue Collar Distro to put in a trace on the parcel. They have to call the USPS help line...very easy. I have had to do this twice recently on two different parcels sent first class to the SAME person sent two days apart (in the US no less). Oddly enough, within days of placing the trace, both parcels were on the move again and the customer received them shortly after.
Vega360

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCD is more then likely going to have to call wherever it is stuck at and figure out why it is being held. If the tracking number has it stuck someplace in the US that is what usually stops the logjam.

Due to the Christmas Chaos I highly doubt they'll be able to give everything a proper scan. So it might be stuck in Canadian customs

How are you tracking this though? Because if your just going by the number of the customs form they don't scan that in other countries (so then it might be stuck in Canada) and that is basically worthless.

The Large forms I have here begin with CW before the numbers, but that may differ. You'd probably have to ask BCU what they specifically used. Some people are the under the assumption that buying insurance (even thought that is useless once it gets to the border) is a cheap method of international tracking. I have no idea if that works (but I assume it does not) and to my understanding you can't send Priority packages registered.

This is why you never use International Priority Mail.
www.vinlandspecialservices.bandcamp.com
www.vinlandss.wordpress.com
www.ilsakoch.wordpress.com
scentofdeath

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vega360 wrote:

The Large forms I have here begin with CW before the numbers,

Mine has CJ
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scentofdeath wrote:
Tireheb wrote:

Yeah but Priority Mail travels fast. It's been shipped November 15, should have been in my hands in under 2 weeks - that's before the 1st of December.

Meanwhile I'm receiving loads of First Class Mail orders, which are slower than priority, and they don't seem to be obstructed by "Christmas".

I was hoping someone had a troubleshoot experience with Priority Mail, excluding Christmas...

All bets are off around xmas, especially with international orders. Shit can sit in customs for a loooooooooong time.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
scentofdeath

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyosefx wrote:

All bets are off around xmas, especially with international orders. Shit can sit in customs for a loooooooooong time.

Laughing Please stop saying that. It makes me cringe.

Last edited by scentofdeath on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
scentofdeath

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously now, thanks to everyone of you for taking the time to reply here.
Doom-Mantia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just delt with a similar experience only I was the seller and it was through first class mail. I was sending it to Texas, but the next day it said it was out for delivery in MY city (wtf moment #1) and the next update showed it was in Atlanta (wtf moment #2), and then again updating it simply as "missent" (wtf moment #3). All the while not being updated daily so for a couple days I had no clue where it was at. Asked the post office when i was back and they had no answers other than it was a mistake made, which i imagined is increased by the holidays. the next week it showed it was back in TX and eventually heading to the destination and arrived. this was the first week of December so I imagine it only gets worse. Not to say don't take advantage of sales and sending gifts, just make sure you get delivery confirmation being the buyer or seller and assume there's more of a chance for error this time of year.
Blood Music

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say that the postal system worldwide seems to have its bizarre blips and fidgets.

Examples:

1. Shipping LPs from Finland to France took 5 weeks for many people during a two-month period (got a ton of complaints from France, suddenly they all arrived, never heard a complaint again)

2. Shipping CD box sets to around the world from Finland -- no complaints from ANYONE except nearly 10 Americans, 3 of whom issued chargebacks, and I had to keep urging them to wait. Took 8-9 weeks, but they all arrived. Let it be known that at the same time, other CD box sets arrived to USA within 1-3 weeks.

3. Shipping Economy mail from Finland to Norway and Priority mail from Finland to Norway on the same day. Economy arrived faster.

4. Shipping First Class Mail International to Germany from USA (after your November 17th). Took 5 days to get there.

It's all fucking nonsense. I'm surprised that most packages arrive, but I've never ever had a package just get lost.

Blood Music
http://www.blood-music.com
http://www.facebook.com/BlooodMusic
holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had priority mail from the US to Canada take longer than first class many times but that's usually a week or two at the most. I would be somewhat concerned by the fact that it's 4 weeks though, that does seem unreasonable. Did you check the tracking on both Canada Post and usps.com?

I just had a package shipped first class take over three weeks from date of shipment, and a package from HHR, again first class take 3 business days. Shit is insane this time of year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: