P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Warloghe reissues
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7134

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Warloghe reissues Reply with quote

Northern Heritage is officially reissuing The First Possession and Womb of Pestilence pretty soon according to their website...

Just thought some people would be interested to hear that. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thetrueevil



Joined: 15 Mar 2008
Posts: 385
Location: Singahell

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A digipak version of "The First Possession" is circulating around.
Those who got that bootleg are retards to have spend that amount of money.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7134

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one for 20 bucks...still all in all I am definitely going to get the official one, just to support it, will probably just trade the boot...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
huja



Joined: 10 May 2007
Posts: 1102
Location: indiana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellsheadbangers has them for $14.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrushUntilMadness



Joined: 12 May 2008
Posts: 341

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from Northern Heritage website:

Northern Heritage has agreed to release official re-releases of WARLOGHE "First possession" and "womb of pestilence" CD's. It is important to notice that the digipak sold on various auctions and possibly in some mailorders is BOOTLEG. Official re-pressings will be in jewelbox, and nearly identical for original CD's (only NH logo included). We urge all distributors to boycott the labels responsible for the bootleg and not taking it for sale. Official versions should be available soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7134

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, are they surprised somebody bootlegged that album or something? I'd say based on demand and prices that thousands of people want it. 1,000 copies of the CD and 333 copies of the LP... what did he expect? The bootleg is of quality and is being sold cheaply...
I have even heard of members of Warloghe selling the LPs on ebay and cashing in, so...personally I have no sympathy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Albin



Joined: 17 Feb 2008
Posts: 1301

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody interested by the Womb of pestilence LP ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Humus



Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 2893

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
I have even heard of members of Warloghe selling the LPs on ebay and cashing in, so...personally I have no sympathy.


Don't you think there is a difference between one band member selling one copy of his LP on auction (which means he didn't hoard them to begin with to cash in later), and somebody who has no connection whatsoever with the band selling a bootleg? Yeah, it may be nice, but we all know how much it costs to press a digipack so we all know this guy is making a ton of money, probably already earned more on the back of warloghe than the bandmembers ever made of the band.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrushUntilMadness



Joined: 12 May 2008
Posts: 341

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the guy who pressed the (bootleg) digipak takes wholesales only... Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
tom245



Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 691

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thetrueevil wrote:
A digipak version of "The First Possession" is circulating around.
Those who got that bootleg are retards to have spend that amount of money.


12 inc postage? Madness!

Humus wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:
I have even heard of members of Warloghe selling the LPs on ebay and cashing in, so...personally I have no sympathy.


Don't you think there is a difference between one band member selling one copy of his LP on auction (which means he didn't hoard them to begin with to cash in later), and somebody who has no connection whatsoever with the band selling a bootleg? Yeah, it may be nice, but we all know how much it costs to press a digipack so we all know this guy is making a ton of money, probably already earned more on the back of warloghe than the bandmembers ever made of the band.


Tyrannos sold numerous copies. Why put them on ebay rather than sell them directly to fans a t a reasonable price? I wonder...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7134

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Precisely why I happily bought the bootleg...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thetrueevil



Joined: 15 Mar 2008
Posts: 385
Location: Singahell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom245 wrote:
thetrueevil wrote:
A digipak version of "The First Possession" is circulating around.
Those who got that bootleg are retards to have spend that amount of money.


12 inc postage? Madness!

Humus wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:
I have even heard of members of Warloghe selling the LPs on ebay and cashing in, so...personally I have no sympathy.


Don't you think there is a difference between one band member selling one copy of his LP on auction (which means he didn't hoard them to begin with to cash in later), and somebody who has no connection whatsoever with the band selling a bootleg? Yeah, it may be nice, but we all know how much it costs to press a digipack so we all know this guy is making a ton of money, probably already earned more on the back of warloghe than the bandmembers ever made of the band.


Tyrannos sold numerous copies. Why put them on ebay rather than sell them directly to fans a t a reasonable price? I wonder...


Come to think of it,metal is all about money now.People know that some stuff are limited,they would buy a few copies,one for themselves and the rest to be put on eBay.Black Metal has been becoming like a stock market in recent years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Elite



Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Posts: 2717
Location: London

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy got paid for his album with copies of that album- so why wouldn't he sell a few on ebay or wherever to actually see a financial reward for his musical endevour- it's not him who puts them on such a collectors pedestal- it's the people buying the records.

As for the bootleg thing- seriously these people need shooting. Irrespective of whether a record is out of print, rare, or whatever, it's not hard for someone to track down the band members or label to try and put it out 'officially'- I mean the band will most likely accept cds/lps for the deal. It's a question of respect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Voodoo Idol



Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 671

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I made the mistake of buying that 'First Possession' piece of shit back in the day, I couldn't fucking give it away it was so insanely generic and lame. Nice Skate Punk snare there they got on that album. I can't believe nonsense like this gets reissued when shit like the whole Saint Vitus catalogue has been out of print for over a decade or more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7134

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warloghe has one of the stranger situations I have seen in metal...it's like they are these underground legends, but I have only ever seen one review of them, and it was of Womb of Pestilence. People are paying 200 plus dollars for their vinyl and CDs, and yet I have never even heard a person say that they like the band.
I have this bootleg and it is okay, but nothing special at all, certainly doesn't warrant it's status whatsover. Anybody care to shed some light on this weird shit? Somebody tell me why Warloghe is awesome! Or why they suck! Either one...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group