P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Flavio Gamboa / Frenta Europa data collection thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Flavio Gamboa / Frenta Europa data collection thread Reply with quote

This guy has owed me records forever. As far as I'm concerned this guy is a total rip off!

I'm now collecting all of his personal information. Please post his home address, work address, phone number, emails, Facebook info, etc. Once I have enough information I'll do a mass email to 5000 contacts in my mailing list.

I'll put this classic flyer here just for the fuck of it.
[/quote]

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Last edited by NWN PROD on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
In Solitude

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"comrade of my cock!"

Laughing
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fb: https://www.facebook.com/nmbnbnm?fref=ts

His new label: www.vault.pt

little_raven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only he sent all pending orders as fast as he deleted his fb account Laughing
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"comrade of my cock!"

lifeless

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha! bought a bunch of demos from him maybe 12 years ago; not a big amount of cash, maybe totaling about 50 USD
no reply for many months.. people on the paganfront at the time said that he may have been jailed for reasons of opposing the Zionist Occupational Government, and that once emancipated he would send the cassette tapes

gave up, no biggie; 50 USD as a casualty in the ongoing war to defend white children through low fi music.. deal with it *sunglasses descend*
darkdescentrecords

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeless wrote:
ha! bought a bunch of demos from him maybe 12 years ago; not a big amount of cash, maybe totaling about 50 USD
no reply for many months.. people on the paganfront at the time said that he may have been jailed for reasons of opposing the Zionist Occupational Government, and that once emancipated he would send the cassette tapes

gave up, no biggie; 50 USD as a casualty in the ongoing war to defend white children through low fi music.. deal with it *sunglasses descend*

Terrific story. Do your part!
Exitium

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine who knows Flavio of Frenteuropa told me that the reason he doesn't send orders is because he's away in the army quite regularly.
When he returns to his home, running a label is the last thing on his mind when he has a family too.

And yet despite this Flavio still kept Frenteuropa running AND has now started running Vault.
Will he ever learn to just stop running a label if he doesn't have the time to actually run it?

Blutkvlt wrote:
Wear your cunted out black metal shirts while practicing occult rituals like burning sage and posting quotes from Aleister Crowley on facebook.
Huldrelok

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't order the Ohtar LP but from reading the first few pages of the thread I don't think it was the army that was stopping him from sending the preorders. It seems as though he stated multiple times that he was sending out the preorders, then just cut off communication.

http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34370&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Edit: I guess he did send out some of the vinyl he owed, in the later pages, still unacceptable for someone running a label.
S.P.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of off-topic, but I guess the best topic to post it in to:

Flavio's (Signal Rex) explanations. Most of these are replies to my questions "Have you sent the payment to the pressing plant?" and "Why have you NOT sent the payment?", and the release in question is Ruho 7". Mantratya Productions had sent his part of the total sum to Flavio on a very early stage.

- The laptop was stolen

- Abroad

- Work, work, work, work, work...

Seems like some valid explanations this far, but once it got more and more delayed... not so much, because at this point Flavio told me the payment was sent to the plant. In reality, it wasn't.

- The pressing plant isn't answering to emails (Must be quite difficult to answer when in fact no emails have been sent to them)

- The files for the release are not on the plant's server anymore

Aaaand at this point Mantratya began to put on some pressure asking for updates and asking the pressing plant if there's any progress since the delay was already around 6 months.

Then again, the files weren't on the server anymore. 3rd time uploading the files... Then finally, I received an email from Flavio that everything is settled and the records should arrive in January/February. Didn't receive any news late January, so Mantatya had contacted the plant again to ask what's going on.

Flavio's comment on this:
- "Mantraya is on the ass. He could ask me instead of asking the factory and forwarding me the factory answer to him! Who the fuck this guy think he his?"

- "Yeah well, the payment wasn't made. Unexpected things, had to go to the field."

- "Have to work on the new webstore"

- "No time in general"

After more than 6 months of delays, Flavio suddenly asks me if the EP is supposed to be 33 or 45 rpm. Umm... the labels say 33 rpm, so...?

- The plant only recommends 45 rpm for 7"s.

Right...! Let's just re-design the labels at this point, wohoo!

- Just checked the proofs. There's no enough bleed on the labels, add 3-5mm there!

So this is the first time there has even been any proofs from the plant, and judging by that, the first time an official order was actually made!

The reasons for the lack of response and payment continue...
- Working with the local people due to floods everywhere around here
- No replies from the plant again

Due to frustration and delays, Mantratya began to consider cancelling the release or at least getting his money back from Flavio. And I also thought of finding another label to replace Signal. But surprisingly, no replies.

- I was out on an excercise for 2 weeks
- No replies from the plant once again
- Grandfather died

- I will pay half of the money for the plant tomorrow and the rest when they are ready to ship.
- I have friends at my place, ttyl
- Will have to take a loan to be able to pay

...but you still have Mantratya's money, right?! That's pretty much half of the payment so why couldn't you just send his money?

- Yes, but the plant now needs the full payment at once.

Well how much you are missing, then?

- My half of the payment.

Mantratya gave Flavio a deadline for the payment, basically one more month. Either a payment to the plant, or his money back.

- I will manage to do the payment before Mantratya's deadline.
- But he's a pain in the ass, so give me his bank details, I will refund him and do the release on my own.
- But I can't pay at the moment 'cause I have limited internet connection, abroad...
- But when the payment will be made, it will only take 2 weeks until the records arrive from the plant. (This is what the plant had "said to him". No, they hadn't)

- I can finally pay the plant on monday, and I will refund Mantratya!
- Once again all the files have to be uploaded again
- The plant wants more money if I do the order alone since they already printed the labels with Mantratya's logo as well and we need to replace them
- ...And just to keep the costs lower, Mantratya is back in. Just spoke to him on the phone and agreed on everything.

As Flavio and Davor (Mantratya) agreed that Flavio refunds Mantratya and Mantratya pays his part directly to the plant once Flavio has first paid his part, Davor got his money back for real at this point, which was more than a pleasant surprise.
But then again...

- Didn't really understand what Mantratya meant...
- Just checked everything and I get it now. Will send the payment to the plant tomorrow and send you a message when it's done!

...no messages/replies for 1,5 weeks.

- Had to go abroad and I still am
- In the field again
- National holidays

After all this I contacted a couple of other labels and found one to cover Signal's part. Fed up by all of this I told Flavio that he has 1 more week, if no payment is made, his part will be paid by another label and he'll be kicked out.

- Please make the deadline a bit longer...! (Nope)
- Ok, will manage it somehow before the deadline, then

Well, the deadline's here. Can you do the payment?

- No
- Because I can't afford to go to the bank (WHAT?!)

So, Flavio finally got kicked out and the release is now a co-release between Mantratya and Darker Than Black.

And when I told him he can always buy some for your distro...:
- Well, it will be useless! At this point, I don't need non selling stock! (Well, thanks for believing in the release...).
Luckily the covers were easier to get back from him as they were printed already a long time ago. Although when I first asked him to send them to me so I can put new stickers on the covers since the label changed he said he'd do it soon, which he never did. I told him to ship them directly to Darker Than Black then and the reply was "I told you it's better ship them directly to him (Ok, he told me that but no reason for it), if you told me this earlier, the covers would already be on the way to him". Well, if they could already be on the way to him, they could be on the way to me as well for sure. "No, it's a different thing, a courier picks up packages from my work". Right, well, whatever, the covers were shipped to DTB in no time. Odd, but at least all the necessary business with Flavio was now done.

I should have kicked Flavio out a lot sooner. I didn't and I can only blame myself for that, but at least at some point I did it and another label was found in no time. Pretty much one year of delays, all because of one person... By his own words, this is the first release Flavio has officially had to cancel during his 20 years of activity. I wonder how patient the other bands on his label(s) are, then...?

Thanks but no thanks.

PS. Once we sent the EP to press finally, the plant informed me that the EP has to be a 33 rpm one, since the second track is too long to be fit on a 45 rpm 7".

Will dig up all the info I have about him soon.

Ruho 7" EP now available https://soundcloud.com/dtbrex/ruho-vangittu
iron tyrant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a Great store! And what a tool... Very Happy

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.
captainretardo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That flyer sucks, even if you consider it "classic."

Suggestion: Give a free LP (ppd) to whoever can come up with the best flyer denouncing this ripoff. You'll lose a few bucks, but hell, competition of any sort can inspire people with skills you and I don't have. Plus I imagine people who come up with something worth a shit will probably post it on myspace/facebook/twitter etc, which may draw even more awareness than your large mailing list. Food for thought, if nothing else.

edit: on second thought, a free LP may not inspire a lot of people. Maybe up the ante to a free diehard OFC boxset with a tailored token of appreciation from the man himself, YK (Limted to 1!!!!). Anyway the incentive is up to you; my point is simply not to underestimate the amount of people that an effort like that could potentially reach.
Wolfram

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my stuff from him after months and months of emailing, threatening to make his personal info available, posting personal pics, threatheing him with that, emailing on all of his addresses etc.

Just saying..
Transmission

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S.P. wrote:
Right, well, whatever, the covers were shipped to DTB in no time. Odd, but at least all the necessary business with Flavio was now done.

Funny how Frenteuropa always rolls over like a puppy for Herr DTB, but rips of the rest of us without a second thought. Gotta keep in with the friends in high places Rolling Eyes
S.P.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, that's true. Wonder why that is Smile

Ruho 7" EP now available https://soundcloud.com/dtbrex/ruho-vangittu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: