P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

[!] Daemonia Nymphe "Psychostasia"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s.charlach

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: [!] Daemonia Nymphe "Psychostasia" Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that the new album release by Greek Δαιμόνια Νύμφη should be of interest to some guys here based on previous posts...

Quote:

Six years after 'Krataia Asterope' (2007) and many Live dates in Europe, the Greeks led by the duet Spyros Giasafakis & Evi Stergiou are back with their new album 'Psychostasia' (the "weighing" of souls by Gods).

‘Psychostasia’ takes us into the journey of a Life, the journey of a Soul. It starts with Zephiros (the god of Wind), then comes 'Pnoe' the breath that animates each thing ... During the trip, we will meet Gaia, the forces of Nature, the moon dances for Selene and Eros, to finish into Hypnos’s dreams.

The new songs are perfectly sculpted for Live shows with epic and powerful ‘rock’ riffs, hypnotic dances celebrating the Moon and superb polyphonic choirs (guest:Taiteria) reminding the Balkan choirs of Goran Bregovic.

CD 10 tracks. 42 min :
1 Zephyros’s Enlightening Anemos - 2 Nemesis Rhamnousia - 3 Thracian Gaia - 4 Selene’s Awakening Horos - 5 Politeia of the Unnamed - 6 Deo’s Erotas - 7 Nature’s Metamorphosis - 8 Enchanting Oneiro - 9 Psychostasia - 10 Hypnos

Samples can be found on Prikosnovénie's site at www.prikosnovenie.com/groupes/daemoniak.html

And while we're at bands on the Prikosnovénie roster, please, PLEASE do yourself the favour and take a moment to listen to Irfan's iridescent "Seraphim" from 2007. I know that I'm about to put myself in a spot right here, but that album captures the very stringent yet ethereal essence that was missing from Dead Can Dance's "Anastasis"as a whole imho, and, personally, I think that Irfan continues where Dead Can Dance left right off with "The Serpent's Egg" in the late 80s.

www.prikosnovenie.com/groupes/Irfank.html
In Solitude

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always, you are a man with wonderful tastes. Daemonia Nymphe's last full-length is just great, and your description of Irfan is mighty intriguing.
S_Slaughter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! I keep seeing the updates about the new album on facebook & have been waiting for this with great anticipation. These guys are just brilliant and so are Irfan. Double the recommendation for both.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: