P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

SATYRICON BURZUM UNANIMATED etc. fan club release BOOTLEGS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DSS



Joined: 02 Oct 2009
Posts: 1964

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikael wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Obviously a naive question, but I've always wondered how do bootleggers actually bypass the copyright issues when releasing stuff? Aren't pressing plants requiring documentation that you own the rights to the recording before actually pressing it? Guy is releasing pretty popular stuff (Burzum, Deicide), why plants don't bother checking what is actually being sent to the press?

At least some of the Greek bootlegs were done without center-labels (they later put stickers on them), some old fellow making the plates has no idea what's the noise he's hearing. Covers come elsewhere. Also at least some of the bootlegs has the matrix peeled of after pressing, so you can't track them. Of course you can if you really want, but it's harder.


And if you know someone who works at a pressing plant then it's that much easier.

Another thing that should be taken into consideration is if it is someone who runs a label and has been releasing vinyl then they know what is required to get everything done.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
da666



Joined: 04 Apr 2009
Posts: 1715

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Obviously a naive question, but I've always wondered how do bootleggers actually bypass the copyright issues when releasing stuff? Aren't pressing plants requiring documentation that you own the rights to the recording before actually pressing it? Guy is releasing pretty popular stuff (Burzum, Deicide), why plants don't bother checking what is actually being sent to the press?


Most plants just ask you to sign a form saying you own the legal rights etc. but don't actually ask to see a contract or anything (and as we know with alot of underground dealings there are no contracts), so if it is proven you don't have a contract or the rights the plant can then sue the bootlegger or pass on their info to the record label.

Also alot of pressing plants may have people into metal working there and so they might be in touch with some labels and they all do it on the sly, or press the vinyl at the plant but get the actual sleeves and paper parts made elsewhere.
_________________
www.darkadversary.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holy ghost



Joined: 16 Jan 2011
Posts: 5396
Location: Main and Gerrard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scentofdeath wrote:
Wolfram wrote:
This buyer will feel seriously fvcked Smile

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Slayer-Fuck-the-Slayer-LP-Metal-Records-numbered-to-100-copies-only-/121024401623?pt=BEFR_Musique_Vinyles_1&hash=item1c2d9dd0d7



I hope that's the band fucking with this seller.


I love the fact that even the shipping is a fucking rip off..... Shocked Laughing
_________________
Cyclopean Wall // ambient // drone (C40 available)
Basilus // space rock // space drone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Weltbrand



Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 1148

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that Absurd 'Facta' LP he is selling a bootleg? I've only ever seen green vinyl with insert on NC, his is black with no insert. EDIT: Never mind, just saw that it says 'Fan Club Release'. Unreal.

Whether he booted these or not, Laurent is a certified scam artist as I can personally attest to. I feel sorry for anyone who buys these LPs. They are basically giant CDRs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Weltbrand



Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 1148

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot believe some of these bootlegs. Panzerfaust? Horrified?? Kampfar? Kawir? Is there seriously a market for these? That 'DMT' LP looks especially shitty.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 5777

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CD-R, Dubbed Tape, Bootleg... that is the very skeleton which the flesh of this underground is grown upon.

These massive spectacular NWN die-hard release/The Crypt jack off specials are a product of spoiled rich western culture spin off's of what started this whole black metal movement.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Weltbrand



Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 1148

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
CD-R, Dubbed Tape, Bootleg... that is the very skeleton which the flesh of this underground is grown upon.


Would you pay more than a few dollars for a CDR with pixelated xerox artwork? I hope not. That's what these records are, only bigger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 5777

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weltbrand wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
CD-R, Dubbed Tape, Bootleg... that is the very skeleton which the flesh of this underground is grown upon.


Would you pay more than a few dollars for a CDR with pixelated xerox artwork? I hope not. That's what these records are, only bigger.


Dude I download whatever I want and buy what 'I' consider worthy, I don't give a fuck who made or who released it.

I have ZERO loyalty to anyone in this mad house. I am simply an addict.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scentofdeath



Joined: 14 Aug 2011
Posts: 742

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Weltbrand wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
CD-R, Dubbed Tape, Bootleg... that is the very skeleton which the flesh of this underground is grown upon.


Would you pay more than a few dollars for a CDR with pixelated xerox artwork? I hope not. That's what these records are, only bigger.


Dude I download whatever I want and buy what 'I' consider worthy, I don't give a fuck who made or who released it.

I have ZERO loyalty to anyone in this mad house. I am simply an addict.



I don't think it's about loyalty to whatever label. It happens that NWN and The Crypt are very good at it and are consistent in making quality releases.
This means they earned the respect.
It's also about self-respect, meaning if I'm gonna spend most of my income on records, I do myself a favor and buy quality official stuff. This way, with support from buyers (not loyalty), regardless of what label does it, at least they can keep putting out more quality releases for my enjoyment.
Why give money to bootlegging scum for shit "obscure" pressings? And don't give me that kvlt shit that started it all... Bullshit!
I want the most out of a record I buy with my hard earned money. And if it comes in color/boxset/poster/booklet combo, that's what I'm going for. Times are changing, and so are standards. They better keep up.
_________________
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Flight-Of-Sleipnir/267879219900772
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holy ghost



Joined: 16 Jan 2011
Posts: 5396
Location: Main and Gerrard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a LP copy DMT... but I'm going to wait for it. I'm not gonna give it up to the first $1018 piece of trash on discogs..... or some bootlegger

I'm classy like that..... Razz Cool
_________________
Cyclopean Wall // ambient // drone (C40 available)
Basilus // space rock // space drone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 5777

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about as 'kvlt' as spandex.

I buy what appeals to me, in this case Satyricon. I would always wish for the best quality prior to buying any item, but I am also not going to wait forever either.

I am 37. Some of the albums I want are already 15yrs old. If the retards who own them are fucking clowning around forever, well to hell with them... let the bootleggers fill the void.

I bought the Thorns boot, it sucked ass, sounds like shit, and looks worse... what, five years later the offical comes out??? Fuck them fucking cock eaters. I bought it, but why the long wait?????

Those fucking jew kikes all need a fucking ass kicking and a good old fourth reich blood incinerating awakening to maybe open their eyes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scentofdeath



Joined: 14 Aug 2011
Posts: 742

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
I'm about as 'kvlt' as spandex.

I buy what appeals to me, in this case Satyricon. I would always wish for the best quality prior to buying any item, but I am also not going to wait forever either.

I am 37. Some of the albums I want are already 15yrs old. If the retards who own them are fucking clowning around forever, well to hell with them... let the bootleggers fill the void.

I bought the Thorns boot, it sucked ass, sounds like shit, and looks worse... what, five years later the offical comes out??? Fuck them fucking cock eaters. I bought it, but why the long wait?????

Those fucking jew kikes all need a fucking ass kicking and a good old fourth reich blood incinerating awakening to maybe open their eyes.



I hear you and I agree that these wankers ignore an increasing demand in the "market" for whatever reason, if not for stubbornness alone. It's pretty stupid just sitting there watching your albums being bootlegged on a regular basis, and nowdays more than ever apparently, and not put them out yourself. Even with the advent of the "re-issue" label, people willing to take on the task, and still, no action.
I wouldn't be surprised if some "artists" consider it a "kvlt" thrill to be bootlegged and sold in the underground mish-mash style. Cunts!
_________________
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Flight-Of-Sleipnir/267879219900772
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheUnborn



Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 2406
Location: Akershus, Norway

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

antihumanism wrote:

i got myself a Wongraven lp, doesn't look bad at all! but haven't listened it yet....


Then do it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
samsquanch



Joined: 16 Nov 2010
Posts: 752

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This bloke must be a bit of a mentalist by listing the official label in the title description then stating they are 'fan-club' pressings in the info.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zombie Dance



Joined: 18 Sep 2009
Posts: 1213

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well same story than with Mütiilation "vampires". If the album isn't available in vinyl format, make one and it will automatically sells. Those Ulver, Satyricon, DHG will obviously sell good... I just hope that this could make the label reacts and drag them to make an official rerelease.

Actually a vinyl edition of Bergtatt or Dark Medieval Times is all i need^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group