P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

New Darkthrone in 2013 "The Underground Resistance"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tireheb



Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 5972
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to check out the next album. New song is just as shit as the last few albums.
_________________
Kojiri wrote:
To buy lots of die hards, see them ebayed before you, and hear the lamentations of NWN.


"You can't hide the hook!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Celtichammer



Joined: 29 Nov 2011
Posts: 149

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new song is amazing..I'm fucking love it~
_________________
Sale/Trade List:http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30959
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Carlzilla



Joined: 07 Aug 2009
Posts: 2502
Location: New Mexico

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not bad musically, but like their last 3 or so albums, this is just going to be "how much old school camp and gimmick can we stuff on this, and which bands do we want to emulate this time...". To me this reeks of completely unnecessary schlock that they know people will eat up because they have a good "reputation".

That's not to say that people won't legitimately enjoy it, but if you know what bands they're "paying homage" too, there's absolutely no reason to listen to this, because it's second rate in comparison.
_________________
If you are a false don't marry! Girlfriend is ok but only destructing anus from behind!!! - Fat Dagon

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.

http://www.last.fm/user/carlzilla
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tireheb



Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 5972
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:
this is just going to be "how much old school camp and gimmick can we stuff on this, and which bands do we want to emulate this time...". To me this reeks of completely unnecessary schlock that they know people will eat up because they have a good "reputation".

Raises exactly the same thoughts here as well.

Fenriz should be kept far away from the mic. This time it was really bad King Diamond tryhardism. Fuck that.
_________________
Kojiri wrote:
To buy lots of die hards, see them ebayed before you, and hear the lamentations of NWN.


"You can't hide the hook!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nitroblast



Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 130
Location: NC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great song. I don't care if they're breaking new ground or not. It's not like I expected them to anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArnusProfanus



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 426
Location: Monterrey, Mexico

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked this song, can't wait to listen the new album completely.
_________________
https://soundcloud.com/no-peafowls
https://nopeafowls.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/nopeafowls/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ough



Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Posts: 752

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:
It's not bad musically, but like their last 3 or so albums, this is just going to be "how much old school camp and gimmick can we stuff on this, and which bands do we want to emulate this time...". To me this reeks of completely unnecessary schlock that they know people will eat up because they have a good "reputation".

That's not to say that people won't legitimately enjoy it, but if you know what bands they're "paying homage" too, there's absolutely no reason to listen to this, because it's second rate in comparison.


Your point is valid but what I fail to understand is how when DT does a bit of worship it's schlock but when bands like Midnight, Speedwolf and Chapel do worship it's great?
_________________
One foot in the gutter, one fist in the gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Carlzilla



Joined: 07 Aug 2009
Posts: 2502
Location: New Mexico

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:
Carlzilla wrote:
It's not bad musically, but like their last 3 or so albums, this is just going to be "how much old school camp and gimmick can we stuff on this, and which bands do we want to emulate this time...". To me this reeks of completely unnecessary schlock that they know people will eat up because they have a good "reputation".

That's not to say that people won't legitimately enjoy it, but if you know what bands they're "paying homage" too, there's absolutely no reason to listen to this, because it's second rate in comparison.


Your point is valid but what I fail to understand is how when DT does a bit of worship it's schlock but when bands like Midnight, Speedwolf and Chapel do worship it's great?


Chapel, to me, takes the Venom style and updates it...making it way more aggressive and tightly played. So, while it's still technically "worship", they're adding something to it. I can completely understand why some people are fine with writing Chapel off though, even though they're great to me. Darkthrone aren't doing that at all really, they're just sort playing mashups of bands that they enjoy...

Midnight and Speedwolf are just fun bands, and unlike Darkthrone, it doesn't come off as quite as gimmicky. I don't know what Darkthrone's intentions are, and I'm sure they love the bands they're emulating/paying homage to, but the best way I've seen it phrased is that when "Darkthrone stopped taking their music seriously, so did I." I can't agree more with that sentiment.
_________________
If you are a false don't marry! Girlfriend is ok but only destructing anus from behind!!! - Fat Dagon

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.

http://www.last.fm/user/carlzilla
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dalen



Joined: 13 Jul 2010
Posts: 1775

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warcrust wrote:
Edit: Okay, the first part of the song is a big fucking Agent Steel rip-off:) Still like it.


Agents of Steel and Black Magic, actually. Fellas, don't get me wrong, but some people's opinions never cease to amaze me. 80% of that song is actually stolen. What's so great about it?

My comment was semi-serious, I mean, there are times I think if I'd start a band and start stealing riffs, no one would even notice it. But that's not what metal music is about, and surprise, I am not even a metalhead!
_________________
Sic transit gloria mundi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VnholyCvntz



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 1652

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The song is okay, I'll check out the album.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cargonaut



Joined: 28 Jun 2010
Posts: 71

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant song. The opening takes me right back to the days of Metal Church and Agent Steel.

Word is it gonna be pretty diverse in styles though, so don't expect a whole album of this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ADK



Joined: 05 Oct 2012
Posts: 1050

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalen wrote:
80% of that song is actually stolen.


Yes.

Second half of the song is actually stolen from themselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deathcrusher



Joined: 12 Mar 2011
Posts: 573
Location: In the Court of the Crimson King

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll definitely be buying the album.
_________________
NK7 wrote:
Modern black metal sucks because it's performed by lousy musicians who can barely handle their instruments, fuck "atmosphere" and give me proper metal riffs to bang my head to or just fuck off.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Airyanem Vaejah



Joined: 14 Oct 2011
Posts: 319
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not liked anything they've released since Panzerfaust. Still kind of suprised to see so many people on here express support for their newer material. Did everyone grow up with nothing but shitty punk music, or is it because you just love the band, no matter what?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aszfargoth



Joined: 07 May 2011
Posts: 278

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the complete duration of the song, I couldn't stop laughing. Laughing

Also, fuck Speedwolf, Midnight and all that shit. That's all just severely dumbed down heavy metal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 23 of 37

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group