P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

New Darkthrone in 2013 "The Underground Resistance"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tireheb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to check out the next album. New song is just as shit as the last few albums.

"You can't hide the hook!"
Celtichammer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new song is amazing..I'm fucking love it~
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not bad musically, but like their last 3 or so albums, this is just going to be "how much old school camp and gimmick can we stuff on this, and which bands do we want to emulate this time...". To me this reeks of completely unnecessary schlock that they know people will eat up because they have a good "reputation".

That's not to say that people won't legitimately enjoy it, but if you know what bands they're "paying homage" too, there's absolutely no reason to listen to this, because it's second rate in comparison.

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.

http://www.last.fm/user/carlzilla
Tireheb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:
this is just going to be "how much old school camp and gimmick can we stuff on this, and which bands do we want to emulate this time...". To me this reeks of completely unnecessary schlock that they know people will eat up because they have a good "reputation".

Raises exactly the same thoughts here as well.

Fenriz should be kept far away from the mic. This time it was really bad King Diamond tryhardism. Fuck that.

"You can't hide the hook!"
nitroblast

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great song. I don't care if they're breaking new ground or not. It's not like I expected them to anyway.
ArnusProfanus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked this song, can't wait to listen the new album completely.
Ough

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:
It's not bad musically, but like their last 3 or so albums, this is just going to be "how much old school camp and gimmick can we stuff on this, and which bands do we want to emulate this time...". To me this reeks of completely unnecessary schlock that they know people will eat up because they have a good "reputation".

That's not to say that people won't legitimately enjoy it, but if you know what bands they're "paying homage" too, there's absolutely no reason to listen to this, because it's second rate in comparison.

Your point is valid but what I fail to understand is how when DT does a bit of worship it's schlock but when bands like Midnight, Speedwolf and Chapel do worship it's great?
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:
Carlzilla wrote:

Your point is valid but what I fail to understand is how when DT does a bit of worship it's schlock but when bands like Midnight, Speedwolf and Chapel do worship it's great?

Chapel, to me, takes the Venom style and updates it...making it way more aggressive and tightly played. So, while it's still technically "worship", they're adding something to it. I can completely understand why some people are fine with writing Chapel off though, even though they're great to me. Darkthrone aren't doing that at all really, they're just sort playing mashups of bands that they enjoy...

Midnight and Speedwolf are just fun bands, and unlike Darkthrone, it doesn't come off as quite as gimmicky. I don't know what Darkthrone's intentions are, and I'm sure they love the bands they're emulating/paying homage to, but the best way I've seen it phrased is that when "Darkthrone stopped taking their music seriously, so did I." I can't agree more with that sentiment.

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.

http://www.last.fm/user/carlzilla
Dalen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warcrust wrote:
Edit: Okay, the first part of the song is a big fucking Agent Steel rip-off:) Still like it.

Agents of Steel and Black Magic, actually. Fellas, don't get me wrong, but some people's opinions never cease to amaze me. 80% of that song is actually stolen. What's so great about it?

My comment was semi-serious, I mean, there are times I think if I'd start a band and start stealing riffs, no one would even notice it. But that's not what metal music is about, and surprise, I am not even a metalhead!
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The song is okay, I'll check out the album.
Cargonaut

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant song. The opening takes me right back to the days of Metal Church and Agent Steel.

Word is it gonna be pretty diverse in styles though, so don't expect a whole album of this.
ADK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalen wrote:
80% of that song is actually stolen.

Yes.

Second half of the song is actually stolen from themselves.
Deathcrusher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll definitely be buying the album.
Airyanem Vaejah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not liked anything they've released since Panzerfaust. Still kind of suprised to see so many people on here express support for their newer material. Did everyone grow up with nothing but shitty punk music, or is it because you just love the band, no matter what?
Aszfargoth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the complete duration of the song, I couldn't stop laughing. Laughing

Also, fuck Speedwolf, Midnight and all that shit. That's all just severely dumbed down heavy metal.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 23 of 37

Jump to: