P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

New Darkthrone in 2013 "The Underground Resistance"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ADK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but that cover doesn't look promising at all - neither does the lame title.
Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zbielak wrote:
Everyone who says Circle the Wagons is shit is just plain deaf and dumb and leave the hall.
QFT!
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last few Darkthrone albums haven't been the greatest, but they definitely aren't as bad as some of you try hards make them out to be.
Shouldn't be a surprise though, some of the faggots shitting on DT also dislike classic Entombed and Pestilence. So their opinions really don't matter at all. Fuck off and stick to your Vampire and Morbosidad threads.
If it was a band like Midnight releasing sub-par black/heavy metal material you'd all praise it.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:
The last few Darkthrone albums haven't been the greatest, but they definitely aren't as bad as some of you try hards make them out to be.
Shouldn't be a surprise though, some of the faggots shitting on DT also dislike classic Entombed and Pestilence. So their opinions really don't matter at all. Fuck off and stick to your Vampire and Morbosidad threads.
If it was a band like Midnight releasing sub-par black/heavy metal material you'd all praise it.

This x 100000000000000
Speerhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

given Fenriz' musical tastes outside of metal, I'm assuming the title is a less than subtle reference to the techno label of the same name.

ADK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A cool guy he is, that Fenriz. I mean, who does NOT know that techno-label? Maybe he should look for a new fanbase there.
Barghest

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADK wrote:
Sorry, but that cover doesn't look promising at all

Of course it does. It's very different to the style used on the last few covers - so, along with the comments made by the band, it promises a change of direction.
ADK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barghest wrote:
it promises a change of direction.

Yeah, but what direction? Being open-minded to shit is nothing good.

The cover fits with ABSOLUTELY nothing I associate with DT. Being a fan for many years, they lost a lot of credits with the last three albums, so if this albums is not 10/10, I consider it as failure.

But well, of course I am curious what it sounds like. But I'll never ever again rely on anything they say, otherwise I would be jerking over "Krig" and "Unholy Black Metal" right now (still waiting!).
Barghest

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADK wrote:
Barghest wrote:
it promises a change of direction.

Yeah, but what direction?

Well of course none of us knows yet! My point is that at least it appears the new album won't be like the last few, so there's a chance it might actually be something I'll like, because I enjoyed their previous change of direction on 'The Cult is Alive', but not the 3 albums since then.

Expect the worst, hope for the best.

Last edited by Barghest on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Frozen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speerhead wrote:
given Fenriz' musical tastes outside of metal, I'm assuming the title is a less than subtle reference to the techno label of the same name.

If anything then it's a reference to the old Detroit act and not the label.
BLASTzine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think much of the last one, but have some high hopes for this, especially with the hand-drawn 80s comicbook / RPG style of artwork. It's a clear break from the previous three records, which makes me think they were another deliberate trilogy.

The main problem with DT is they already set the bar so high. They made one of the all-time top ten death metal albums, then they made probably two or three of the top five black metal albums. Will they ever make an all-time great metal-punk record? I'm not so sure.

Like Dalen said, Hiking Metal Punks is pretty much the best thing from recent DT. If they go for more NWOBHM sound on this, I'll probably be impressed.
zbielak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailing on the murky seas of English Dogs/Griffin II metalpunk they consequently refined sloppiness and became more more promiscuous in these experiments to eventualy head for Manilla/Brocas Helm/Salem Wych etc azimuth on this one thus closing last trilogy and opening new one of third league UG obscure private press heavy metal dirt. They always did two album cycles so its not too far fetched to assume the above is what we'll be getting from DT next few years. Great news indeed.
Speerhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
Speerhead wrote:

If anything then it's a reference to the old Detroit act and not the label.

They're one and the same.
spectre

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zbielak wrote:
Absolutely amazing and evocative of epic third league 80s HM private press albumcovers. I expect total Manilla Road worship. Great cover and totally unexpected direction as judging by (great) title's electric implications I imagined something more Exciter'sque - amps etc.

Cant fucking wait. Everyone who says Circle the Wagons is shit is just plain deaf and dumb and leave the hall.

This
Dalen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically speaking, I think that cover looks great. Of course, it would fit some heavy metal, or viking metal band. And they're talking about long tracks, hm, some Bathory worship would be very, very welcome, although I don't really expect something much different than the last albums.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 5 of 37

Jump to: